The Era of Reefer Madness is Over?

jaamzhow

In an article published in The Washington Post web site on April 2, 2014 is a survey and a graph representing American's attitudes on which is more dangerous, Marijuana verses Alcohol. By far, Marijuana is getting a major attitude adjustment as far as the danger it imposes on your health compared to Alcohol. Marijuana is listed by the Federal Government as class 1 drug: meaning it is severely dangerous, has no medical purpose, and is prone to addiction and abuse; basically, it will destroy society completely, as we know it. We, at least here at 420 magazine, know the truth, we have the facts, the science, anecdotal confirmation; what this survey shows is that people out there in America, for whatever reason, and there are many, have had an epiphany and realize and believe that Alcohol is far more dangerous than Marijuana. So like the title says, the era of reefer madness is over.

If you are interested in the article, and the graphical representation (bar chart) of this survey, here's the link:
Americans finally understand that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol

Slowly our crowd is getting bigger. Our main problem is Big Phara. They don't like a plant that can literally solve hundreds, if not thousands of health problems and also be used as a fuel, textile, paper...etc. The way I see it, The people of the United States have always and still have all the power. We get so complacent and except what big brother says, and it sad. We all need to step up and seriously give this Gov't a full cleansing. No more big phara, oil, or banksters should ever be aloud to hold public office, or shouldn't be aloud to buy politicians with their billions of dollars either....

Ill run for office.... You can pay me with Buds!!!!

Somedays I think you're right C1; then days like today I get smacked upside the head: whack!!!, right in the earhole! I learned that New York State is looking to emulate New York City in banning e-cigs everywhere! I was a smoker for 30 years, tried all the usual quit aide things and nothing worked; until I started using the e-cig, a vaporizer. I haven't smoke an analog for 2 years, and now if a supposedly liberal progressive state/city such as New York is so backwards on e-cigs, legal cannabis in any form, seems like no fuckin way - ever.

There is people that want to control the way everyone lives and hate every kind of smoking. Just the act of smoking some states and gov would like to ban. Sad times we live in with all this control and laws we face for being who we are. You will always see states with rich people make laws for the way they feel and are the most corrupt. Now on to what you said about Alcohol. If I drink one beer and anyone is around I will fight them no matter who they are even family. I smoke MJ I am happy and chill.

Thanks for pointing out the article! Don't let the setbacks get you down.

Every new idea is greeted as ridiculous, then violently opposed, and eventually accepted as obvious. Knowledge is spreading and attitudes are changing at a snowballing pace. One day soon it will just be yesterday's news.

And I agree that with ever more interconnection, We The People may actually wake up and reclaim our power and our country. The Founding Fathers foresaw that the government might become dysfunctional. They gave us, the citizens, the right to bypass Congress, President, and Supreme Court. We can demand a Constitutional Convention and Amend the Constitution when it proves necessary, whether those currently in office like it or not. We could ban private money from elections, for starters, and make it clear that only people are people - corporations are not. Then we might elect people who actually represent us, rather than Big Pharma, Big PetroChem, Big Agra, Wall Street, etc. And we could, of course, end prohibition.

Back
Top Bottom