The Fight Continues

Truth Seeker

The Nimbin HEMP Embassy this week applauded the release of Tony Bower, managing director of Mullaways Medical Cannabis Pty Ltd, the maker of the popular medicinal tincture.

On Tuesday, the Kempsey medicine man, on appeal, had his 12-month sentence commuted to a suspended sentence to be of good behaviour. However both the Embassy and Mr Bower were quick to point out their fight was not over.

Mr Bower said, "I would like to thank all those who have given or shown support for my release".

"The clinical trials in Victoria will need to be worked through and applications made to NSW Ministry of Health to acquire a licence to cultivate, possess and supply cannabis plants for the purposes of scientific research, analysis and study. This will allow Mullaways Medical Cannabis Pty Ltd to legally grow a certain number of cannabis plants to be made into Mullaways natural, low-dose, non-psychotropic Cannabinoid Tincture to be used in the clinical trials, so definitive research on cannabis and cannabinoids and their medical benefits may finally be done in Australia.

"The NSW Upper House inquiry recently found it's not acceptable to criminalise people for simply trying to achieve pain relief and quality of life, through the legal conventional ways or otherwise.

"The recognition of cannabis as a medical right has now raised the need for trials and research so cannabis-based medications can be developed and produced safely, cheaply and legally to be made readily available from licensed pharmacists and hospitals.

"I am looking forward to my meeting with Andrew Stoner in July so that we can move all of this along."

Tony_Bower1.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: echonews.com.au
Author: echonews.com.au

Back
Top Bottom