The First Grow - Advice Welcome!

L420

Hi guys, L420 here!
Me and my friend decided it was time to start growing the wonderful green stuff. :circle-of-love: Well, I say that but it's more of an experiment/challenge at the moment! My friend challenged me to a grow off if you like.. However we had to use the bare minimum. A lamp, some soil, a timer, and some seeds of course. Now we're very in-experienced at this whole thing so I'd really appreciate some advice that anyone can give! The winner of the grow off gets £50 so I'd like to win.:thumb: Now onto the important stuff.. (Which I really know nothing about)!

The main info (both me and friend using all same):
Medium: John innes multiple purpose soil.
Lamp: JANSJÖ LED work lamp - black - IKEA
Strain: Caramel automatic
And has been growing for around 3 weeks now. The plant seems to be struggling a bit hence why I thought I'd ask the pros for some help. We are only allowed to spend £30 for supplies so maybe we are being totally unrealistic but hey, it's only a challenge.
I will now try to upload a few pictures of the plant and hopefully will hear back from someone! Peace :green_heart:

image32410.jpg

Here she is on week 3! Opinions? Advice? ❤️

Hi 420! Welcome to the Magazine!

We're excited to have you join us! Your girl looks beautiful. You're clearly doing things right.

What seems to be the problem she's having? If I can see correctly some of her leaves are starting to twist. Are you adding nutrients? And what's the PH of the water source?

All the best my friend! I'm here to help!

Just to add to Pigeons advice, that LED you got is more to the red spectrum. That's ok for flower but maybe you can add a couple cfl's in the 6500k, cool white, range to help her veg a little better.

Also, welcome to :420:

Hi 420! Welcome to the Magazine!

We're excited to have you join us! Your girl looks beautiful. If I can see correctly some of her leaves are starting to twist. Are you adding nutrients? And what's the PH of the water source?

Ah pigeons, you do not understand how relieved I am to hear that! Thank you! Yes a few of the leaves have started to twist and I'm worrying badly. I have not yet added any nutrients.. (Should I of?) and as for the water ph I'll be honest I don't know!(shame on me. I know)I have been using bottled water such as evian etc.. Thanks for the support by the way:thanks: means a lot!

Just to add to Pigeons advice, that LED you got is more to the red spectrum. That's ok for flower but maybe you can add a couple cfl's in the 6500k, cool white, range to help her veg a little better.

Also, welcome to :420:
Okay thanks! Sorry for being such a beginner but say if I was to buy a couple cfl's, how would I power them? Because I have a few spares lying around! Appreciate the help!:Namaste:

Ok so many questions!! I love it!

First of all, I want you to slow down, take a big deep breath then pat yourself on your back! You deserve it and you're doing a great job. Growing cannabis is one of the best forms of therapy I've found and it takes a moment to realize that it should be a beautiful and relaxing time, even at the most stressful of moments.

But to answer your questions starting from the top.

1) Your water. It's great that you're using bottled water (despite the environmental impact bottle play on our planet haha) it's better for the low Part Per Million (PPM) but I bet the PH is somewhere around 8.0. Which is too high for cannabis. It needs to be somewhere between 5.5-6.5. Ideally between 6.0-6.5.

2) you can buy some light sockets with two wires exposed and you can wire them to a regular plug in cord. You can check out my journal for an example. I just updated it and you can see the wiring of the lights.

3) don't be sorry for being a beginner. I only started this game a year ago. And I started at the same spot!

Hope that helps my friend!

First of all, I want you to slow down, take a big deep breath then pat yourself on your back! You deserve it and you're doing a great job. Growing cannabis is one of the best forms of therapy I've found and it takes a moment to realize that it should be a beautiful and relaxing time, even at the most stressful of moments.

1) Your water. It's great that you're using bottled water (despite the environmental impact bottle play on our planet haha) it's better for the low Part Per Million (PPM) but I bet the PH is somewhere around 8.0. Which is too high for cannabis. It needs to be somewhere between 5.5-6.5. Ideally between 6.0-6.5.

2) you can buy some light sockets with two wires exposed and you can wire them to a regular plug in cord. You can check out my journal for an example. I just updated it and you can see the wiring of the lights.

Man, life needs more people like you. I guess I am just surprised really that I'm doing okay! Oh tell me about it, it sounds weird to non-growers but you become attached to your plant(s). So you think it's the ph of the water causing the leaves to twist? I just looked up the ph of Evian water and it averages around 7.5-8.5. I will try to get some ph down in that case or try and find a lower ph water.
Regarding the lights, I will have a look(if I can) at your journal and see how it is done! Thanks once again. :peace:

3) don't be sorry for being a beginner. I only started this game a year ago. And I started at the same spot!

Hope that helps my friend!

Hey Pigeons, you need to change your name to Dr. Pigeons420. Hell Dr. Phil aint got shat on you. You the man... Thanks

Hey man, quick question.. What cable is it that allows the bulbs to be powered via a plug? The only thing I could find was a lamp holder?

Buy one or two or 5 of these

image32417.jpg

Then cut one of these off of something you don't use (preferably) that way the wife doesn't get upset. Then wire one side to the other, tap it off or use the wire caps. (They have a name but I can't spell it)

image32418.jpg

Hey £420! Nice looking baby! I was a bit worried to wire lights, so I got 'clamp lights' from the hardware store, they are pretty handy for a mini grow, I have them all hooked up to a power board and that to a timer! Hope I helped!! Happy days
Hey! Thanks man. Yeah I don't trust myself enough to start wiring and sh*t. Any links for a good clamp light on Amazon good for veg stage? Appreciate it bro:love:

Haha I was the same, didn't want the house to burn down. I'm in Australia bro and just went to the hardware store, but if your in the states you have heaps more options. Look up lovevibez on YouTube to see what the clamp lights look like, he's got heaps of good info too and a journal somewhere on here! If you can try Walmart and home Depot, or a lighting and electical store or like you said online.

For your bulbs you'll wanna get 5000k -6500k for veg and 2700k for flower the "k" is for the kelvin

Wattage-measures the amount of power or intensity/strength of the light. (More watts the better!)

Kelvin-measures the-color-of the light.

Hope I helped, hit me back if I didn't make sence haha

Back
Top Bottom