The Frugal Growmet cherry poppin grow

Xcit420

Hello fellow friends of raising Mary Jane. This is my first shot at growing indoors. Background: I started last year by planting a seed I found in a bag outside in my vegetable garden. She grew like a monster. After she hit 3 feet tall I bent the stock so it grew sideways and every branch turned into a top. The plant was harvested in late September and she yielded a pound of very sweet and potent smoke. It smelled very fruity like mangos and came out tasting sweet, very stony. Here is a few pics of the plant.
bud79.JPG

And another pic
outdoor_1st_crop.jpg

So after I harvested this plant I figured I would try my hand at indoor since the season for outdoor growing was over.
I bought a grow tent 4x4 and a HPS 1000 watt light with cooled hood. Bought 5 clones from local medicinal marijuana coop 1 grape ape and 4 purple urkle's. Two days later my plants were turning bright vivid yellow. They were dying I started to panic since I was watching 100 bucks of clones being choked out!! I researched and found many had problems with grow tents that were lined with white plastic or PVC. I quickly tore the tent down and kept plants under the light with only the frame of the tent intact. 4 days later the plants started to spring back to life and now almost all signs of the dreaded fluorescent yellow had diminished.
I have since did a frugal build of the grow room with 1/4 inch sheet rock and lined the inside with mylar. Bought 1 1/2" x 8 ft lengths of pine wood for the studs and built it about 2 hours with a friend. Have one inline fan cooling the hood and one small fan for air movement. The plants have started to take off now. I also planted 3 seeds with unknown strain and they are growing faster than my clones. Here are some pics of the room built in garage and some of the plants inside ,

clones38.JPG

notice the seedlings that have been growing for two weeks are very wide thick leaves, anyone have any idea what strain this odd looking plant is?

grow_room7.jpg

All for now more to come.... Comments advise would be appreciated, thanks guys.

I week since last post and here is the progress see pics

grape ape

grape_ape_wk3.JPG

the unknown seeds are taking off quick and are very thick in stem and in leaf anyone have any ideas what strain this might be by looking at it ?

fat_leaf_wk3.JPG

Here is the whole bunch 3 clones Grape ape middle two clones purple urkle right hand side and four seeds left and bottom
grow_journal_002.JPG
rear and front.

I week since last post and here is the progress see pics

grape ape

grape_ape_wk3.JPG

the unknown seeds are taking off quick and are very thick in stem and in leaf anyone have any ideas what strain this might be by looking at it ?

fat_leaf_wk3.JPG

not sure but it is definetly close to pure indica try resurching pure indicas and you may come up with somthin similure..
:peace:

I am running a 1000w hps with an enclosed hood vented in a 4x4 room in the garage.
The soil is MG soil, perlite, worm castings,wood ash. Largest amounts listed first.
Planted in 3 gallon buckets I have
1 Grape ape clone
2 purple urkle clones
4 from unknown seeds
My humidity is running around 40%
My temps are around 75 to 80 near ground and 85 to 90 2 ft from light.
I have one fan blowing down from upper rear wall that has about a foot gap by length of room for added venting.

X,
Nice recovery from a rocky start. Might just be the photos but your big plant looks like it is showing signs of low nitrogen. Are you using nutes? Best of luck.

If and when you give em nutes be careful MG soil has built in time release nutes. Try nutes at maybe 1/4 the recommended amount to be on the safe side.

Think I'll join you on this journey, if you don't mind.
Looks good so far. Love your grow room. :surf:

Here I am at the one month period and I have some pics , this is the shot all plants
1Month1.JPG

Here is the grape ape clone

Grape_ape_height_1_month.JPG

Here are the purple urkle clones

1_MONTH_Purple_urkle.JPG

One of the unknown seeds plant that is about 6 inches tall and extremely bushy
Ukwn_Sd_at_1_month_stem_density.JPG

another unknown seed plant that has passed up the purple urkle clones

Unknown_seed_at_1_month_height.JPG

a couple of shots of my ph

first grape ape ph then ph of purple urkle

Ph_on_grape_ape.JPG

Ph_on_Purple_urkle.JPG

As always I appreciate all replys and the tips that I might be low on nitrogen , question how can I increase nitrogen.
Thanks again viewers.:thanks:

Weekly update and I havent noticed any decent growth. Infact the yellowing is really hitting the purple urkle clones hard. The grape ape clone has yellow just on the very tips of the leaves. Any suggestions?
yellow_urkle_2_.JPG

unknown_strain.JPG

unknown_seed.JPG

the_room.JPG

the_bunch.JPG

grape.JPG

I would use some veg nutes. They usually contain nitrogen and should get those babies back up to par. Have you been feeding them at all?> If so how much and of what? Good luck looking good!

No Rastajbd I havent used any nutes really. What do you think start flowering now? Too Early?

No Rastajbd I havent used any nutes really. What do you think start flowering now? Too Early?

Hi Buddy,
You may want to flower now, otherwise they will be growing in to the ceiling.
They will double or triple their hight in flower.:grinjoint:

Nice setup. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom