The future of Marijuana is not in Cannabis: It's in Yeast!

Big Sur

Yes, yeast. All this flap about marijuana and Cannabis plant and strain patents and what not. They are passe. The technology is already here to make any cannabinoid, terpenoid and flavonoid that you want in a vat. Just add water, sugar and GMO yeast. Then let it brew and out comes the goods to add to oil for vape pens and pre-rolls, add to beverages, or insert into Rx pills. At a far lower cost. No grow license needed, no plants needed, no sunlight needed, no grand scale grow space needed, no harvest or trimming or extraction processing needed. Just ferment and blend, like wine. Seriously. This is a paradigm buster.

They've been producing large-scale batches of cannabinoids in the PRC for years (and a pretty large variety, apparently, since they're chemists instead of gardeners).

Me, I prefer having some cannabis with my cannabinoids ;).

Very Interesting..... Cannabanoid Yoghurt anyone? Hehe..
Would be awesome to have that yeast blend.... I would definately have a crack at it.

Fungi might be what saves our species from starvation before its over with.

Yeah I seen this. Not a bad idea, I'm open to new shit.

you lost me at GMO

You would not be ingesting the GMO yeast, you would only be ingesting the cannabinoids and terpinoids that it makes. They would be refined to 100% purity, like CBD is today from hemp. The chemistry of the results would be identical. And all 500 different known cannabinoids as well as the 200 plus terpenoids simply cannot all be grown in Cannabis. Also these yeast cells will be able to produce new cannabinoids, terpenoids and favonoids that are not available or produced by Cannabis or even know yet.

Like it or not, it is the future of cannabinoids. At 1/100th the price to produce, it will be on the shelves. Cannabis will be grown for fiber, seeds and oil. Some of us old school growers may hang onto the old genetics, but we are a dying breed. Half of all marijuana sales in California are already vape pen oils. Juul vapers do not care where the nicotine or favonoids comes from. Vape pen oil users are pretty much the same.

It's a different high for different situations. I use my pen for mobility but I prefer flower at home. The pen hits quick and strong but the high doesnt last as long. I think the biggest draw for people is the discreteness a pen provides.
In the end I consider it a concentrate, which it is. Per mg of course its stronger than flower as its concentrated, and people argue as to whether it is healthier or not. I personally feel i get a more "natural" high with flower.

You would not be ingesting the GMO yeast, you would only be ingesting the cannabinoids and terpinoids that it makes. They would be refined to 100% purity, like CBD is today from hemp. The chemistry of the results would be identical. And all 500 different known cannabinoids as well as the 200 plus terpenoids simply cannot all be grown in Cannabis. Also these yeast cells will be able to produce new cannabinoids, terpenoids and favonoids that are not available or produced by Cannabis or even know yet.

Like it or not, it is the future of cannabinoids. At 1/100th the price to produce, it will be on the shelves. Cannabis will be grown for fiber, seeds and oil. Some of us old school growers may hang onto the old genetics, but we are a dying breed. Half of all marijuana sales in California are already vape pen oils. Juul vapers do not care where the nicotine or favonoids comes from. Vape pen oil users are pretty much the same.
No offense but I couldn’t see it dominating the market. Yeah cheap mass produced THC will have a place in the market, just like cheap sugary alcoholic beverages with artificial flavors have a place in the market. It’s not going to slow down the popularity of Pinot noir, tho. Just my opinion. Interesting post, tho — I wasn’t aware of that.

would be ok if it could be made into like a hash type material to smoke. it's just weird tho. i like the greens. chopping it up, smelling it and looking at the inside of the sparkling bud. there's just too much lost to this.

would be ok if it could be made into like a hash type material to smoke. it's just weird tho. i like the greens. chopping it up, smelling it and looking at the inside of the sparkling bud. there's just too much lost to this.
I literally was saying the same thing to my buddy. Examining the flowers and what not is half the fun. I’m thinking this yeast THC will be the equivalent of high percentage tasteless ethanol that can be added to Jell-O shots or fruit drinks while flower will always be the equivalent of a bottle of cognac of some such

Just my opinion but if you've ever studied ethnopharmacology at any level, the pertinent aspects are the combination of chemicals within the plant as the plant/nature presents it to us. When we start altering the percentages of compounds within a given natural plant material we lose hundreds of thousands of years of nature's work. The shamans and root doctors of the tribes that have used these plant materials are pretty consistent in agreement - and if you think about the old school strains we had available before all these hybrids, you realize pretty fast that something has been bred out of most new strains, and we may never pinpoint exactly what it is we lost. Science hasn't even found everything in Cannabis yet. I also have a very Druidic way of looking at working with plants - I want to know them, thank them, enjoy their lives, appreciate the whole experience. We as humans are part of nature, anything that keeps us grounded there is healthy. I'm thinking growers may be the only ones left with any medicine one day. When everything else collapses at least.

They've been producing cannabinoids in China for years. And it appears that they produced slightly different ones every time our governments banned the previous ones. Some of them... Have been quite powerful.

But I like to smoke a nice bud. . . .

Yes, yeast. All this flap about marijuana and Cannabis plant and strain patents and what not. They are passe. The technology is already here to make any cannabinoid, terpenoid and flavonoid that you want in a vat. Just add water, sugar and GMO yeast. Then let it brew and out comes the goods to add to oil for vape pens and pre-rolls, add to beverages, or insert into Rx pills. At a far lower cost. No grow license needed, no plants needed, no sunlight needed, no grand scale grow space needed, no harvest or trimming or extraction processing needed. Just ferment and blend, like wine. Seriously. This is a paradigm buster.

Just my opinion but if you've ever studied ethnopharmacology at any level, the pertinent aspects are the combination of chemicals within the plant as the plant/nature presents it to us. When we start altering the percentages of compounds within a given natural plant material we lose hundreds of thousands of years of nature's work. The shamans and root doctors of the tribes that have used these plant materials are pretty consistent in agreement - and if you think about the old school strains we had available before all these hybrids, you realize pretty fast that something has been bred out of most new strains, and we may never pinpoint exactly what it is we lost. Science hasn't even found everything in Cannabis yet. I also have a very Druidic way of looking at working with plants - I want to know them, thank them, enjoy their lives, appreciate the whole experience. We as humans are part of nature, anything that keeps us grounded there is healthy. I'm thinking growers may be the only ones left with any medicine one day. When everything else collapses at least.
Exactly why we are hunting for our heirloom strains.

Back
Top Bottom