The future of Marijuana is not in Cannabis: It's in Yeast!

Or the death of cannibus.

Well, yeast is not the death of Cannabis. Its the death of Marijuana. Or most Marijuana. Like it or not, altruism or not, some spiritualistic aspect of Cannabis growing or not. Humans are not altruistic. As in the case of most kids these days, they just want to vape. Tobacco or Cannabis, something in vape cartridges is killing them. But they are still vaping. Do people care what is in vape cartridges? Methinks not. They just wanna get high.

Cannabis will still be grown commercially for fiber and seed on a grand global scale. The hemp of old. Some if us will continue with older strains. Personally I think that most strains have been polluted with too much indica. OG Kush is everywhere. Chem and Diesel and OG whatever DOMINATE the markets. IMO the current weed shop inventory is mostly crap as a result. The bag weed days had a better selection. Though it was not always available, and I was spoiled rotten in with cheap high quality weed in NorCal in the 1970s from all over the world. The black market genetics flowed to me, the consumer with cash. In those days the genetics (seeds) were considered trash along with the stems.

Well, yeast is not the death of Cannabis. Its the death of Marijuana. Or most Marijuana. Like it or not, altruism or not, some spiritualistic aspect of Cannabis growing or not. Humans are not altruistic. As in the case of most kids these days, they just want to vape. Tobacco or Cannabis, something in vape cartridges is killing them. But they are still vaping. Do people care what is in vape cartridges? Methinks not. They just wanna get high.

Cannabis will still be grown commercially for fiber and seed on a grand global scale. The hemp of old. Some if us will continue with older strains. Personally I think that most strains have been polluted with too much indica. OG Kush is everywhere. Chem and Diesel and OG whatever DOMINATE the markets. IMO the current weed shop inventory is mostly crap as a result. The bag weed days had a better selection. Though it was not always available, and I was spoiled rotten in with cheap high quality weed in NorCal in the 1970s from all over the world. The black market genetics flowed to me, the consumer with cash. In those days the genetics (seeds) were considered trash along with the stems.
I honestly think it’s the traces of the element burning into the vapor causing this. Do they have an idea of what’s causing it?

Well if evolution is correct the plant should revert to the dominant strain. Unless the hybrid is just a beast and will keep fighting back.

Not seen here. Cannabis does not revert. It adapts rapidly to climate change though gene switching. Genetic mutations can take hundreds or even thousands of years to happen. Gene switching takes only a few generations. Humans also adapt with gene switching in as little as one generation. This is the result of exposure to events in a male's life before fathering children. Specific example in humans: if your father or grandfather was exposed to a famine in his youth, you are apt to live longer than if they had not been exposed to famine. Used to be that 'experts' thought that most DNA is excess baggage. But as it turns out, a lot of DNA switches on and off other dormant DNA. We humans have spread Cannabis around the globe. Like house cats, Cannabis has a bright future, no matter what happens to us humans along the way. Cannabis has tricked us into global distribution. Also massive hybridization. If you understand evolution, the fastest way to new species is to back cross genetics. Again, with humans, there is a web of former sub species like Neanderthals and Denisovans that split off and were re-bred into our lines to create our modern human DNA. That is with non-African humans. Before that there were many species of hominid in Africa that split off and merged again later. There is no reverting and going back with genetics. Only going forward. Entropy is always increasing. It never decreases. Law of physics.

I honestly think it’s the traces of the element burning into the vapor causing this. Do they have an idea of what’s causing it?

No. It may be as simple as nicotine and THC overdosing. These vape pens may be toxic due to the concentrations involved. I have seen people pass out from vaping 80% THC oil. Its well known that THC at that high a dose will cause loss of blood tone. In other words, extreme low blood pressure. This does not kill people in itself, as they recover, but they pass out and bang their heads or drive off cliffs. Nicotine in high doses is lethal. Some pens are as high as 36mg/mL nicotine. The CDC says 50 to 60 milligrams of nicotine is a deadly dose for an adult who weighs about 150 pounds.

It may also be trace elements or contaminants in the products. It might be something in the batteries of vape pens. It may also be the oil that is used in vape cartridges, particularity propylene glycol and/or glycerin. Most Cannabis vape oil is tested, but they have led to deaths. One in Oregon and another in LA at least. Most nicotine vape oil is not tested, and many have different levels than the labels show. Cigarettes never killed anyone smoking one at a time. They are deadly over the long run. Joints never killed anyone. Even Paraquat joints never killed anyone. Paraquat is rendered harmless when burned, as it turns out. Lest I would be dead long since. Most of the vape cases in NY have been with black market oil and weed.

I do Rosin for dabbing, FECO/CCO and Decarbed Rosin for edibles and making caps with your oil of choice.
That being said I still prefer a good ol' joint or maybe a bowl when I go to bed. I have even started breaking up my dabbing into a couple weeks of dabbing and joints then a couple of weeks without dabbing. I think I get so high all day dabbing that I am missing something in the high.
Oh well, doing my gummies before bed make it all worthwhile.
:passitleft:

Just my opinion but if you've ever studied ethnopharmacology at any level, the pertinent aspects are the combination of chemicals within the plant as the plant/nature presents it to us. When we start altering the percentages of compounds within a given natural plant material we lose hundreds of thousands of years of nature's work. The shamans and root doctors of the tribes that have used these plant materials are pretty consistent in agreement - and if you think about the old school strains we had available before all these hybrids, you realize pretty fast that something has been bred out of most new strains, and we may never pinpoint exactly what it is we lost. Science hasn't even found everything in Cannabis yet. I also have a very Druidic way of looking at working with plants - I want to know them, thank them, enjoy their lives, appreciate the whole experience. We as humans are part of nature, anything that keeps us grounded there is healthy. I'm thinking growers may be the only ones left with any medicine one day. When everything else collapses at least.
My thinking exactly. It seems kind of obvious, but maybe not. I love the way you've said this and now I am going to head over to your journals and see what else you are saying :rollit:

Yes, yeast. All this flap about marijuana and Cannabis plant and strain patents and what not. They are passe. The technology is already here to make any cannabinoid, terpenoid and flavonoid that you want in a vat. Just add water, sugar and GMO yeast. Then let it brew and out comes the goods to add to oil for vape pens and pre-rolls, add to beverages, or insert into Rx pills. At a far lower cost. No grow license needed, no plants needed, no sunlight needed, no grand scale grow space needed, no harvest or trimming or extraction processing needed. Just ferment and blend, like wine. Seriously. This is a paradigm buster.

Sounds like a dream come true!
How can I get some yeast for my pain and swelling?

Cannabis is a carefully crafted cocktail of chemicals that the plant has decided to produce. Im willing to bet it will be a somehow different experience, taste, etc. Maybe it will work great for concentrates, though. Plus growing yeast isnt a beautiful experience.

Back
Top Bottom