The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

It was based on Doc's informative threads that I too am the proud owner of the G8 240-watt LED and UFO LED lamps.

Question for DOC - What do you do to evaluate whether your plants are done? Specifically, do you look at the trichromes? If so, do you just use a loupe or a USB microscope? And if you do, how do you adjust or compensate for the color of the LED lamps? Do you turn off the LED lamps and use regular "white" lighting before looking at the trichs or do the LED lamps help due to their bright light and penetration?

Hey John1961....have two of the G8 240w B's. and two of their 90w. ufo's. Great lights ....your gonna really like em dude. Cheers!:high-five:

Doc

I impulsed bought 2 274w LED2.0 from Htg.

I want to add a red ufo similar to yours, but was wondering about using a 135 ufo, it is full spectrum, but about $40 or 50 cheaper than a 90 all red.

A 135 should have a good percent dedicated to the red end and I would get another 45w more total grow power than a 90 all red for less money.

basically i'm asking if adding a bit more full spectrum like a 135 is just as good as dedicated red 90.

Doc

I want to add a red ufo similar to yours, but was wondering about using a 135 ufo, it is full spectrum, but about $40 or 50 cheaper than a 90 all red.

A 135 should have a good percent dedicated to the red end and I would get another 45w more total grow power than a 90 all red for less money.

basically i'm asking if adding a bit more full spectrum like a 135 is just as good as dedicated red 90.

I honestly don't know!

Doc

Hey Hash Hound one way to tell which one puts out more wattage is by looking at the actual draw. The full spectrum will give you 2 figures, 45 - 75 (or something like that) and the UFO will give you 1 (something) like 50. What its telling you is that the full spectrum at 45 watt draw you would either be using the veg(whites and blues) or the bloom(red) but not both, while the 75 will be the draw with both on.

Now those numbers are probably not correct but they should show you the actual draw of both units and that's what it means. What I've seen on Doc's run is that adding the dedicated Bloom (red) spectrum UFO's it helps the main led in bud enhancement. So what he is doing is adding more wattage to his bloom spectrum.... 45w actual draw plus another 50w actual draw from the ufo, total bloom spectrum would be 95w actual draw.

Raziel819
Stay Frosty My Friend

Yea my 200 watt solar flair draws 165 watts using twenty 5 watt LEDs. The 240 is 240 watts using 3 watt LEDs but only draws 140 watts. Its Always Good To Look At All The Specs Of Your Led Light.

Harvest in 10-14 days. Finally seeing some yellowing of large fan leaves. Buds are as dense as possible and nice swelling is occurring even as the purple begins. Things should start looking delicious in a couple days.

If anyone wanted to duplicate this, simply order the lights using the discount code in my signature, then PM me for a kit. I've done everything by the book. Anyone capable of baking brownies could do this.

Picture_03943.jpg

Picture_03457.jpg

Picture_03367.jpg

Picture_02772.jpg

Picture_02678.jpg

Picture_02589.jpg

Picture_02199.jpg

Picture_020107.jpg

Picture_019107.jpg

Picture_018117.jpg

Picture_017110.jpg

Picture_016111.jpg

Picture_015142.jpg

Picture_014158.jpg

So Doc, are you donating your other lights to science? :)

I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I might use some larger LED's and see if I can match the yield per tray of the HPS. If that's the case, there's no point in continuing to use HID technology.

There's not really anything negative to say about my experience with LED lighting. I really know very little about the lights. I don't know what wattage is best, know nothing about "Cree" and don't pay much attention to the spectrum.

My attitude with these lights has been thus:

I know how to grow. Will these lights grow plants the way I can grow plants? Yes? Great lights! They save mucho dinero! No? Sayonara. I have no time for low quality.

So....the results have been rather better than expected. Can these G8 lights grow plants? Yes! And they're perhaps the nicest looking plants I've ever grown.

Like I said, they have my full, unequivocal approval. I'd be happy to use these lights for any application where quality of produce is the most important goal.

I had to chuckle seeing all the ballasts on the walls unplugged!

Seems there is a strong LED movement but with so many choices out there it starts spinning your head. I am sure all the top lines will be good/competitive and I like what is going on here. I will eventually join the party but damn I just bought the HID gear and only have 2 grows under them. Heat, energy savings and beautiful plants whats to think about? lol.

The dimensions of your room look very similar to mine. Have been thinking about getting a flood table too. That is a 3x6 right?

Great stuff as usual Doc.

Any2

I had to chuckle seeing all the ballasts on the walls unplugged!

Seems there is a strong LED movement but with so many choices out there it starts spinning your head. I am sure all the top lines will be good/competitive and I like what is going on here. I will eventually join the party but damn I just bought the HID gear and only have 2 grows under them. Heat, energy savings and beautiful plants whats to think about? lol.

The dimensions of your room look very similar to mine. Have been thinking about getting a flood table too. That is a 3x6 right?

Great stuff as usual Doc.

Any2

Well, there are a lot of lights out there. I don't know which are which, but I've grown with these G8 lights twice now, and both times with excellent results. So, I can recommend these lights without hesitation.

Those who know me have seen me toss plants in the trash, toss harvested buds in the trash and cull plants that aren't up to standards. They aren't bad, or unhealthy....they just might not have the quality I demand.

This light produces buds of the HIGHEST quality. They exceed my expectations.

And yes, it's a 3x6 flood. I have it tilted slightly to drain out one end, because I hate fetching buckets I can't see under the middle of the table.

The room is 12x12x10

"Those who know me have seen me toss plants in the trash, toss harvested buds in the trash and cull plants that aren't up to standards. They aren't bad, or unhealthy....they just might not have the quality I demand".

I wouldn't mind being your trash man! Lol I'd say your substanderd trashed buds are better than whats going around here.

Doc is it possible in veg to have the lights too close? Is it possible to get too little stretch? You want some right? Is that why you were doing 24" earlier? It seems these leds, if placed as close as possible, slow upward growth significantly. Any thoughts?

Doc is it possible in veg to have the lights too close? Is it possible to get too little stretch? You want some right? Is that why you were doing 24" earlier? It seems these leds, if placed as close as possible, slow upward growth significantly. Any thoughts?

I have them at 24 inches because the manufacturer recommends that at as a minimum distance.

Like I said.....this grow is by the book.

Amazing plants as always Doc!

I was wondering how much those lights raise the temperature of your room? I believe you said you have about 1000 watts of LEDs in the room with 12,000 BTUs of AC. If someone was to double the amount of light in the same size insulated room would the 12,000 BTUs of AC still be enough?

Thanks!

Amazing plants as always Doc!

I was wondering how much those lights raise the temperature of your room? I believe you said you have about 1000 watts of LEDs in the room with 12,000 BTUs of AC. If someone was to double the amount of light in the same size insulated room would the 12,000 BTUs of AC still be enough?

Thanks!

More than enough bro. The AC was cooling 4,000 watts of HPS. Now it has less work to do and I'm seeing smaller bills.

Back
Top Bottom