Gee, I if I can find fabric pots, I will definitely do it. I have read it in a couple of places. I can't understand why that would be though. Any
I have no idea, but plants do tend to grow taller in my 6gal cubes than in my 10gal cylindrical ones. Better branching in the cylindrical though. They grow more like a sphere. Maybe shape effects structure? My wife made mine.

Day 53

20230131_115020.jpg

❤️ Its a Girl ❤️

Thank goodness, I need clones!

She's got a big rootball, flower should be fun.

She drank another litre today.

20230131_143038.jpg

Day 2 for the 12/12 Gang. Still no sex showing. I wonder if I'm doing this right?

Nah.. A) the bucket gets rinsed immediately after teas then bleached and rinsed after watering (B) this is also occurring in a smaller cleaner container as well.

There were some purity differences in our DLs perhaps it is as simple as requiring lesser or greater amounts. It’s why I’ve gone back to square 1.

I was thinking about stirring.. it would cause the water PH to rise far less just stirring it occasionally and it would still dissolve into the water. I’ll likely have to go this route if I can’t figure out a way to buffer the aeration swing better
I would try stirring for sure and if its still the same I would try a different brand.

Dang Dude! Have you tried it on a grow yet? If so how did it work?
I have been for the last few SIPs, but I've been monkeying around with the inputs and ratios. I'm looking forward to checking brix levels as that could tell me how any of the changes I make are working.

I've been trying not to kill the plants with all my changes and, so far, so good. :laughtwo:

I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly. N is missing so the 1st 3 numbers are P,K, and Calcium? if so thats a good mix. Maybe a bit strong on K but still in the ballpark.
Yes, I chose those plants for the combination and level of the respective elements. Dandelion seems to be a very common plant used in these types of extracts, but when you compare numbers, my two plant combination is clearly superior.

I have been for the last few SIPs, but I've been monkeying around with the inputs and ratios. I'm looking forward to checking brix levels as that could tell me how any of the changes I make are working.

I've been trying not to kill the plants with all my changes and, so far, so good. :laughtwo:

Yes, I chose those plants for the combination and level of the respective elements. Dandelion seems to be a very common plant used in these types of extracts, but when you compare numbers, my two plant combination is clearly superior.
It all looks good. Your plants must flower beautifully!

So here is what I am thinking and any and all input is appreciated. I am going to cut a bunch of clones today. My end game is to cut a clone directly into a 10gal pot being bottom-watered. Swicking style for now as thats what I am set up for, but will start smaller to see what happens, so....

I will cut a handful of clones to be rooted in my KloneKing bubble cloner, and eventually transplant them into both 10gal pots, and possibly solo-sips, or 1.66gal cloth pots.

I will also cut some clones to root in solo cups that will be swick-fed from my canning jar setup and hopefully find a sweet spot in the gradient for them to root a la pro-swicky. They will need a humidity box so that may be a bit of a challenge but not undoable.

If all that looks promising then eventually in the 10gal tries I think I will try some into a coco/perlite mix at a cup-sized amount in the center of the top of the pot, and some into my favorite commercial cloning mix (similar to HP mixes, coco,peat, and perlite, with my favorite myco already added) to keep the rooting away from the nutes and global myco. I want them to find the swicking system and the food system all on their own to see what the roots really want to do. But for now I will be transplanting into 10gals.

I will also be looking to compare Kloneking clones planted directly into 10gals vs clones rooted in solo-swicks and possible conventional solo clones too, and then into 10gal swicks, for the overall race thru veg and into flower.

My goal is to simplify. Ideally cloning into a 10gal or Kloneking straight to 10gal. I want to bypass uppotting and the stresses and delays that go with each new environment.

Any thoughts or something someone wants me to try? I have quite a few clones ready to be cut and a full second round of them in a week or less so we have room for failure here.

This will be a good test. I had no luck cloning in mini-sips as the medium stayed way too wet.
Yeah I'm considering your results in my methods for sure👍👊.

I cut the bubble cloner clones from the 4 pillars to manifold it to 8 tops and I cut the apexes off the clone branches growing from below the manifold.

That leaves only a few side branches on the clone branches that are just barely ready to stick in a swickycup. I need about a week to get a bunch so I think I will presoak the swickycups.

I will tinker with different levels and see where I need to be to have about the same moisture levels as when I clone in a mix.

Normally I put my solo cups with freshly cut clones into milk crates that are in huge clear garbage bags until they root, but I'm not quite sure how I will accomodate solo's on canning jars.

Also when I cut the clones today they went straight into a jar of water like usual, but for the 1st time ever they went limp. All 6. Usually its zero.

I'm not sure if its a bottomwatering thing or the fact that the cuts were large tops, or a strain thing as I haven't cloned this strain before.

Hopefully they rebound, they were pretty nice cuts. If not there are still more coming.

With the big plant being a female and the smaller one not yet showing, the smaller one got culled.
20230202_070916.jpg

The one on the right got axed.

20230202_071225.jpg

The worms will be so happy❤️

20230201_141109.jpg

Before the cull.

20230202_073117.jpg

After the cull.

Its so branchy you almost can't tell the difference. There are still 4 clone branches waiting to be pruned, growing from below the manifold, so it will still thin out as it takes shape.

The 8 mains are in place hiding in the thicket.

This would have been a beauty to scrog.

Its too branchy for indoors but it grew phenomenally outside last year in a scrog so some clones will get perpetuated until Spring for outdoors.

Lets hope its a good rooter.🤞

Hey Gee - everything looks great!!!!
Have you documented your cloning procedure???? I have horrible success with cloning!!! :hmmmm: :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Sorry I haven't @greenjeans but I can do a description of both later. I took some pictures when I cut the tops into the cloner, and in the next few days when I cut the clones into soil I can show you how that way works too. And we can hopefully see one style work better in a big swicky pot than the other.

Back
Top Bottom