The Germinator's Dr Krippling Feminized Incredible Bulk DWC Grow 2017

Its def better to let the cube root fully before placing in the pebbles. Not because it wont work any other way but because you build multiple root tips that are ready to explode when you transplant. Its starting the plants with strong legs, in veg its way more important to focus on what the roots are doing than what the top growth is doing. Its very rare that you will see really strong roots and a weak or poorly plant but i see all of the time plants that appear healthy on the surface but have a really weak foundation which in the end means less quality weed.

Its so easy to want to rush it and get things in the systems we use bit a little bit of patience goes a long way. The well rooted cube will catch qnd over take the the seedling that was put straight in to the system.

After all that said, it will work just top feed daily until roots start to appear tbrough the net pots. I like to roll the cubes in great white mycorrhizae on transplant, wow what a difference that makes.

Thank You Cultivator. I put some covers on them to hold in some moisture.
It wasn't really that I was impatient. I just don't see a diff of having in a germination tray and where they are now.
Your opinion is always appreciated. Thank You.
420-magazine-mobile1011098576.jpg

I culled the Gorilla Glue's. Decided I don't wanna deal with four dwc buckets. So I'll be sticking with the two Incredible Bulk fems.
It's been 6 days since putting the rapid rooters into the hydroton. I have 4 led 100watt 5000k bulbs on them till the roots hit water. (Two per plant) Then I'll switch to my good light. 600 watt dimmable mh/hps light. I'll be using the mh bulb of course. I expect these to have roots in the water in two more days.
Still letting my soil test seed grow.
Can't wait for the roots to hit water. The water is ph'ed at 5.9 at the moment. No nutes yet. Will add 100ppm General Hydroponics nutes when roots hit the water. Here's a couple pics. Nothing great yet. Having trouble getting the humidity up. Very dry here. 35% in our climate. I can only get to bout 40 so far. Humidifier is running. I spray a mister bottle often. Anyways. Guess that's bout it for now. Thank You all for hanging out.
420-magazine-mobile53319252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile290178378.jpg

FYI. The cracked seed did not germinate. So that's why I have two Dr Kripplings.
Both plants have a couple a 3 inch roots into the water. It's been 7 days since putting the rapid rooters into the hydroton. I added 1 ml z7 into each bucket. 50 ppm General Hydroponic micro,bloom and gro. Still deciding if I'll use the Lucas method again and use only the micro and bloom.

I culled the Gorilla Glue's. Decided I don't wanna deal with four dwc buckets. So I'll be sticking with the two Incredible Bulk fems.
It's been 6 days since putting the rapid rooters into the hydroton. I have 4 led 100watt 5000k bulbs on them till the roots hit water. (Two per plant) Then I'll switch to my good light. 600 watt dimmable mh/hps light. I'll be using the mh bulb of course. I expect these to have roots in the water in two more days.
Still letting my soil test seed grow.
Can't wait for the roots to hit water. The water is ph'ed at 5.9 at the moment. No nutes yet. Will add 100ppm General Hydroponics nutes when roots hit the water. Here's a couple pics. Nothing great yet. Having trouble getting the humidity up. Very dry here. 35% in our climate. I can only get to bout 40 so far. Humidifier is running. I spray a mister bottle often. Anyways. Guess that's bout it for now. Thank You all for hanging out.
420-magazine-mobile53319252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile290178378.jpg

Are you having issues with these growing? Some of your plants look tall like mine and people are saying they are stretched. What’s a cure?

They are a little stretched but its really not that important at this point. Its down to the light not being strong enough or too far away. If tbey get really lanky it can be a problem but just support the seedlings with a cocktail stick or a straw. If they get really stretchy its better to transplant them and bury the stem but in this case that isnt possible.

This is why its better in this case to start the seedling in a jiffy pellet or root riot cube or similar and allow the seedling to root and take hold. This will mean more starter roots on transplant and the seedling can be buried if it has stretched a little.

Are you having issues with these growing? Some of your plants look tall like mine and people are saying they are stretched. What's a cure?

No issues at all. They got a little tall because I had the 600 watt light on them and kept the light pretty far away. I usually never do this. After seeing them stretch I put the leds on them. They won't stretch anymore and the stems are getting stronger. I have a fan moving them around a little too. Good eye. :)

Roots have exploded. Plants looking great so far. Pics soon.
Ppm 200. Raising it slowly.
Ph 5.7
Humidity 40. It's dry here. Trying my best.
Temp 72-77 (air)
Water temp 69-75. Added z7
It's getting colder out so I won't have to worry bout temps much longer.
Hopefully soon I can buy a vented hood and fan with ducting.

Took these earlier. Looking pretty good to me. I keep comparing them to my last grow. They seem a couple days behind. Here u go.
420-magazine-mobile753959683.jpg

Found something WORM like. Fungus gnat larvae?
I was taking a pic of the roots when I decided to look close and spotted this. I am Guessing fungus gnat larvae because I have seen a few.
What do you all think? Thanks. Oh. I put 1/2 mosquito dunk in each bucket. Here's a pic.
420-magazine-mobile570649125.jpg
420-magazine-mobile414121673.jpg
Should I do anything else? I looked close at both buckets. That's all I found except a dead fungus gnat. It's not an infestation at this point. I kept mosquito dunks in my buckets last grow. I have neem oil if anyone suggests using it. Not going to panic.

Fungus gnat larvae are now gone since I put 1/2 mosquito dunk in each bucket.
Roots look nice and white. No smell.
Plant two is growing faster than plant one.
My ph pen quit so I have to use the color drops till my new one gets here. It's hard to interpret the colors. I know it's not dark orange and it's not green. But I worry that I am just out of range at 5.5 or 6.3 or so.
Wierd I am at 500 ppm and no sign of nute burn. They are drinking but not a lot yet.
420-magazine-mobile221267762.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1092889007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1348021697.jpg

I forgot to add that I just topped them for the first time. I brought the ppm up a little more and I can tell they're loving it this morning.

Day 18
Tonight's pictures.
The soil plant is yellowish. I am pretty sure ph is off. I did a foliage spray with nutes and it's greener. Waiting on my ph pen.
The leaves on my Incredible Bulks have a wierd light greenish dark greenish look. I think it's because my ppm was low. I am at 800 now and they're starting to darken up. Still worried bout ph. I know it's pretty close but I don't trust the color drops.
420-magazine-mobile1104441339.jpg
420-magazine-mobile770164099.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1661416116.jpg

Day 18
Tonight's pictures.
The soil plant is yellowish. I am pretty sure ph is off. I did a foliage spray with nutes and it's greener. Waiting on my ph pen.
The leaves on my Incredible Bulks have a wierd light greenish dark greenish look. I think it's because my ppm was low. I am at 800 now and they're starting to darken up. Still worried bout ph. I know it's pretty close but I don't trust the color drops.
420-magazine-mobile1104441339.jpg
420-magazine-mobile770164099.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1661416116.jpg

Everyone says the bulk is an easy one and I agree with the exception of soil. My hydro tray is flawless but the bulk I have in soil is constantly giving me issues. I know it's my fault but they're not forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom