Funny they didn't test UVA while they were running tests though.

Exactly. That's why I was saying that someone started this rumor about UVA when they didn't even use it for the study.

Dry in a box with air holes inside the tent.

I thought about this. However we decided that we are going to dedicate one of the bathrooms for the drying period for 7 to 10 days. And it wasn't easy convincing the wife let me tell you.

7 blunty tips:

#1 and most important - Keep em green @Woody
#2 have fun just as important as #1
#3 share with your friends
#4-#7 who cares lol.

Keep'in it on the sunny side!

Stinky Chemdawg - lol I got nuthin. It's an issue for me.

The last time I ran Chemdawg was last fall and some dude was walking by our house I was dumping stuff in the compost bin outside, "hey bro, you always have some GREAT smelling weed"

Whaaat....? Looking around in our outdoor garden... "what weed? I just weeded"

I have a version now that doesn't smell as bad put out by JJ - 91 Star. Has everything but the dank ass and gas stink.

I LOVE the stinky its the real deal but it aint no joke. Be mindful of your environments.
I'm nose blind so I can't smell it unless Its in my face. Wear I like it. lol

Someday be wearing that smell as a badge of honor but we aint there yet.

You could look into drying the low and slow method if you have a 2nd refrigerator.

I found it hard to do it with just 1 fridge.

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

7 blunty tips:

#1 and most important - Keep em green @Woody
#2 have fun just as important as #1
#3 share with your friends
#4-#7 who cares lol.

Keep'in it on the sunny side!

Stinky Chemdawg - lol I got nuthin. It's an issue for me.

The last time I ran Chemdawg was last fall and some dude was walking by our house I was dumping stuff in the compost bin outside, "hey bro, you always have some GREAT smelling weed"

Whaaat....? Looking around in our outdoor garden... "what weed? I just weeded"

I have a version now that doesn't smell as bad put out by JJ - 91 Star. Has everything but the dank ass and gas stink.

I LOVE the stinky its the real deal but it aint no joke. Be mindful of your environments.
I'm nose blind so I can't smell it unless Its in my face. Wear I like it. lol

Someday be wearing that smell as a badge of honor but we aint there yet.

You could look into drying the low and slow method if you have a 2nd refrigerator.

I found it hard to do it with just 1 fridge.

DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

OMG the part about the guy outside! LMAO Bob. That is almost certainly what would happen to me.
It's almost scary how much these plants are smelling. I don't know if it is genetics, the terpinator, or a little bit of both.
Even just unzipping the tent for 5 minutes stinks up the entire house. The smell is so dank that it feels hot.
I'm going to have to smoke it in a cave. The wife did however allow me to "borrow" one of the bathrooms to dry it in for a week.

You should get the best results drying in your tent with carbon scrubber. When I cut down last night and was trimming in the growroom I could clearly smell the weed outside the growroom but when placing the trimmed buds inside the lower compartment of my veg tent the smell is gone in a few hours. Although bathrooms are ideal for keeping smell down it's almost certain that it will smell without any carbon scrubber in that ventilation.

Nice to see some pics of the harvest soon! :)

So the Liberty Haze ultimately came down on 4/29 which is exactly 9 weeks from the day I flipped. It seems that the MoonShot is more accurate when calculating from time of flip instead of from first pistils.

I did sample her, and she is strong and cerebral with no paranoia. There is no doubt that she will get better after a nice cure.

LUN01516.JPG
LUN01517.JPG

The Chemdawg is still going and going and frickin going. I'm convinced that she will never finish at this point and I have now adjusted the harvest date to 5/13.

LUN01511.JPG
LUN01512.JPG
LUN01513.JPG
LUN01514.JPG
LUN01515.JPG

I hope your shower curtain rod can hold the weight! Nice harvest, and this is hysterical...

I know right? I was going by seedsman's harvest date. Humboldt's website on the other hand state 10-11+ weeks. :(

I have no Idea where all of this weed came from.
May 15, 2019

LUN01593.JPG
LUN01595.JPG
LUN01596.JPG

This tray is almost dry, and at least right now it looks almost like the same amount that came off Kharma.
It's funny because the plant didn't look that big to me.
I tried to keep Chem going until 5/13 but alas, she gave out on 5/11.
She started shriveling up and I would water her, then she would be okay for a day and then start shriveling again.
A check of the trichomes revealed about 90% cloudy with a few sprinkles of clear and amber thrown about.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this much weed but I thank you God all the same.

There are a few things that I have learned from this grow.
1. In my growing environment, under LED, my plants seem to thrive when the temperatures are between 81 and 85 degrees
and the humidity is between 45% to 50%
(I guess there is no need to stop growing in the summer.)
2. Build A Soil works.
3. UVB at 15 min per day increases trichome production.
Thank you to everyone for all of your help on this weird journey.

:Namaste:

:bravo: RETRIX! Wonderful harvests. Been a great journal to follow along, thanks for the ride! :thanks: :Namaste:

Thank you Amy!
I can't believe we started out with a Cali Connection GSC and ended up with Liberty Haze and Chemdawg. Just shows you how life has different plans for us. LOL

That looks like a lovely amount of weed Retrix! Excellent finish to a roller coaster ride...cruise into the landing zone like it was carefully planned :).

:welldone:

If you don't mind and have the time, could you post your soil recipe again along with any top dressing/teas you did and how often? I'd like to be able to point folks to instructions for a successful grow in a simply built soil. :thanks:

Thank you guys. It's always a roller coaster ride at the beginning of every grow it seems. LOL

@InTheShed as far as my recipe, I finally just settled on the directions from build-a-soil on the package.
I also follow their recommendation for compost teas at once every 2 weeks.

However, I'm having a little trouble trying to adapt it to coco coir. You can witness that new roller coaster here:

Something Wicked

Back
Top Bottom