The Good Stuff!

NolaGrow

Alright fellas I’ve been growing for a year now with 3 successful indoor grows. Noticed I got a little carried away with nutes and it showed when it came to smoking it. So I’m going back to the less is better Moto sense I’ve had best results that way. But what I’m here now asking about is I want to hear everyone’s trick for better tasting bud such as blackstrap molasses, extracts, etc... and how do you go about using them...? Appreciate any help!

Yes, try the bud washing. It is pretty simple and does not take all that much extra time during the harvesting. It does not make the drying time any longer. It will do more for changing the taste than any feeding with molasses.

The molasses feeds the soil organisms and those produce many of the nutrients the plant needs for flowers. It really does not do anything directly to the taste.

What medium are you growing in?

Wow! Sorry it’s been a few days.. I’m growing in the FFOF soil with 30% perlite sense that’s what I already had .. I’m using the last of it on this grow I’m doing now which is 1 Cherry kush 1 Afgan and 1 LSD... When it comes to washing the buds is it as simple as washing the buds on the branch in a bucket of water?? Then hanging to dry like normal? So I guess since no one mentioned any sort of additive or anything to get a sweeter/better tasting buds exist or is worth a damn?? Is the molasses still worth putting for the nutrients if so when and how much should you use? So many questions ahhho_O

Wow! Sorry it’s been a few days.. I’m growing in the FFOF soil with 30% perlite sense that’s what I already had .. I’m using the last of it on this grow I’m doing now which is 1 Cherry kush 1 Afgan and 1 LSD... When it comes to washing the buds is it as simple as washing the buds on the branch in a bucket of water?? Then hanging to dry like normal? So I guess since no one mentioned any sort of additive or anything to get a sweeter/better tasting buds exist or is worth a damn?? Is the molasses still worth putting for the nutrients if so when and how much should you use? So many questions ahhho_O
You can add peroxide I believe it's half a cup per 5gallons but you should double check. Also baking soda and lime help remove and scum or dust build up. Again, might wanna confirm that cuz I'm stoned.

Do yourself a favor and read the bud washing thread marked above. Did you have any problems with your grow like mold? If not, you need 3 5 gallon buckets, some baking soda, and lemon juice for the first and water for the next two. Read. :hookah: :ganjamon:

Do yourself a favor and read the bud washing thread marked above. Did you have any problems with your grow like mold? If not, you need 3 5 gallon buckets, some baking soda, and lemon juice for the first and water for the next two. Read. :hookah: :ganjamon:
Lol yea I reread that article again.. I forgot all about it! So do you like to warm the second bucket with the lemon and baking soda ? I got to do all this inside so hopefully it won’t get that much water over the place ..!

I’ve done this three times. I’ve used the hydrogen peroxide twice. You don’t need it unless you’ve had issues. Mine were bug spray and mold. First bucket is a bit warmer than room temperature. It helps dissolve the baking soda. The next two are cold from the tap. I dry in my tent. 4 plants takes about an hour and a half to hang. If you want to taste the difference, don’t wash a branch. The drying time will be the same. You won’t be sorry.

Keeping your grow temps in check helps immensely. Around 75° preferably no higher at flower will ensure those easily volatilized plant esters and terpenes stay in the plant.
Hanging the plant in it's entirety or large sections helps as well. It slows down the drying process. Make sure your drying rooms environment is on point.

By far the best way to improve flavor is to buy better genetics.

You mentioned that you over did it last time. Trust me I know the feeling. I had to smoke shitty burning weed for the last 6 months. Same problem as you I got carried away with nuits. Thing is the flavor wasn't to bad it just burned like shit. It was all quality genetics that had high terpene levels.

You asked about what to add for better flavor. That is just adding more stuff to the soil that could go wrong. I know some of them are supposed to sweeten weed some. True or not it is not going to add terpenes where all the flavors and smells come from.

The biggest change in marijuana genetics these days is with terpenes. THC percent is going up for sure. Terpene levels are through the roof with modern genetics.

So many strains are above 20% THC now. All a person needs is to find the flavor profile they like and there is a good chance the THC levels will be there too.

This ^^^ No substitute for genetics. Sows ear race horse thing with plants and animals too.

For bud washing its to clean your plants off that is all.

I use a bucket to wash - with lemon juice and baking soda, the next 2 buckets are plain RO water. I use large flat containers the ones you can store stuff in under your bed (bad feng Shui) and let them sit in the rinse trays and swoosh them back and forth gently for a few minutes then hang.

Keeping your grow temps in check helps immensely. Around 75° preferably no higher at flower will ensure those easily volatilized plant esters and terpenes stay in the plant.
Hanging the plant in it's entirety or large sections helps as well. It slows down the drying process. Make sure your drying rooms environment is on point.
I’m glad you mentioned something about the temperature I just received a email back from Mars Hydro telling me that they do not have the extension cord to remove this driver on my SP 250 light outside the tent so I’m trying to figure out where I can purchase the same sort of connector they use. Would you happen to know the name of it? Cause as of now I’m popping up some new seedlings and the temperature stays at 87°. My old LED light wasn’t nearly that bad. The tent is in a 70 degree room... I do hang the branches full but I never did get to the point where the branches actually snapped before curing them. They would be hanging for like almost two weeks. Should I let them hang longer until the smaller branches got the snap or is a couple weeks hanging ok?

You mentioned that you over did it last time. Trust me I know the feeling. I had to smoke shitty burning weed for the last 6 months. Same problem as you I got carried away with nuits. Thing is the flavor wasn't to bad it just burned like shit. It was all quality genetics that had high terpene levels.

You asked about what to add for better flavor. That is just adding more stuff to the soil that could go wrong. I know some of them are supposed to sweeten weed some. True or not it is not going to add terpenes where all the flavors and smells come from.

The biggest change in marijuana genetics these days is with terpenes. THC percent is going up for sure. Terpene levels are through the roof with modern genetics.

So many strains are above 20% THC now. All a person needs is to find the flavor profile they like and there is a good chance the THC levels will be there too.
What is your favorite seed bank? My first grow I got from Ministry of cannabis which I thought came out very nice and the others all came from msnl but I’ve had temperature and nute problems sense so I haven’t seen their full potential. Have you Ever heard of these being any good deed banks for genetics?

This ^^^ No substitute for genetics. Sows ear race horse thing with plants and animals too.

For bud washing its to clean your plants off that is all.

I use a bucket to wash - with lemon juice and baking soda, the next 2 buckets are plain RO water. I use large flat containers the ones you can store stuff in under your bed (bad feng Shui) and let them sit in the rinse trays and swoosh them back and forth gently for a few minutes then hang.
Do you buy your our oh water or make it? Is tapwater suitable? Also how much baking soda and lemon juice are you putting in your bucket?

I’m glad you mentioned something about the temperature I just received a email back from Mars Hydro telling me that they do not have the extension cord to remove this driver on my SP 250 light outside the tent so I’m trying to figure out where I can purchase the same sort of connector they use. Would you happen to know the name of it? Cause as of now on popping up some new seedlings and the temperature stays at 87°. My old LED light wasn’t nearly that bad. The tent is in a 70 degree room...
I don't have a MH light. I believe they use Meanwell drivers though, correct?? It would just be a standard extension compatable with the driver. SmokeSara may have that info for you.

Back
Top Bottom