The Great Halloween Smokathon of 2016!

I like apple pipes, but I am a bit of a fruit :goof:

Did Ya Know? the original" jack o lantern".......was not Pumpkin?

Ancient Celtic cultures in Ireland carved turnips or beets on All Hallow's Eve, and placed an ember in them, to ward off evil spirits.

A spooky story for the celebration:

As the tale goes, a man called Stingy Jack invited the devil for a drink and convinced him to shape-shift into a coin to pay with. When the devil obliged, Jack decided he wanted the coin for other purposes, and kept it in his pocket beside a small, silver cross to prevent it from turning back into the devil.

Jack eventually freed the devil under the condition that he wouldn’t bother Jack for one year, and wouldn’t claim Jack’s soul once he died. The next year, Jack tricked the devil once more by convincing him to climb up a tree to fetch a piece of fruit. When he was up in the tree, Jack carved a cross into the trunk so the devil couldn’t come down until he swore he wouldn’t bother Stingy Jack for another ten years.

When Jack died, God wouldn’t allow him into heaven and the devil wouldn’t allow him into hell. He was instead sent into the eternal night, with a burning coal inside a carved-out turnip to light his way. He’s been roaming the earth ever since. The Irish began to refer to this spooky figure as “Jack of the Lantern,” which then became “Jack O’Lantern.”

This legend is why people in Ireland and Scotland began to make their own versions of Jack’s lantern by carving grotesque faces into turnips, mangelwurzels, potatoes and beets, placing them by their homes to frighten away Stingy Jack and other wandering evil spirits and travelers.

Spooky stuff and my favorite holiday:cheer:

Excuse me, but can just anyone join the "Smoke-a Thon"?

"ShiggityFlip" has to be the best screenname ever...:thumb: :bravo:

The only requirement is that you like cannabis :rofl:

Come on in its prep stage. Some people will be showing off baked goods, hash, edibles, buds. Just a chance to mix it up with people we don't know yet and share experiences with. It's part of increasing the feeling of family. Look around and invite anyone here! It's awesome to meet peeps. And thanks so much on the name compliment. I have had that name a long time.

Ok guys and gals!! It's freakin time to show the goods!! Lol!

I'll start with this carnival wrapped in blueberry. So good. It's the perfect start to a harvest day!!!

775cd260faf7cdd50c490f5644bf5123.jpg

Now, puff, puff, pass

:passitleft:

Sorry guys, I kept getting waylaid. :laughtwo:

Dark Devil Auto, two varieties, both capable of kicking your ass. :battingeyelashes: :love:

IMG_062735.JPG

I'm hoping to get some pumpkins today so we can make the Great Pumpkin Gravity Bong. And or Pumpkin Hookah Bong. Or both. Lol

Take good pictures of the process. :laughtwo:

I suppose a smokeathon weekend isn't the optimal time to start a new regimine of capsules, is it? Lol! It's time to kick off my smokeathon celebration, so I'm pulling out the DDA.

Join me? :roorrip:

I'm thinking of trying a small joint of the DDA3. Not sure I could even finish a pencil joint of her. Ok, I'll have to try now. :laughtwo:

Decorations. :battingeyelashes:

My pumpkins go nuts Japanese pumpkin squash went nuts it took over whole yard got about 50 called kabucho squash. I grew blue pumpkins too

Squash eventually took over whole garden it's at "early" stage growing over fence in last photo. Bit sick of pumpkins they are too easy. Watermelon is focus this year they were great and go with weed well. Just wish I could grow mangoes they potentiate THC.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Wish me luck. This one has a devilish kick! :laughtwo:

IMG_063540.JPG

Back
Top Bottom