The Great July 4th Smok-a-thon of 2016!

That would be the Crafty. Which I thought looked pretty awesome - but then I thought, "Do folks really want Google, their cell phone service provider, and random script-kiddies knowing that they bought/use a high-dollar vaporizer," lol? Okay, actually I just thought that in a vaporizer that appears to have a non-(user-)replaceable battery, choosing the one that has (+/-) twice the battery life between charges might make the unit last longer before having to send it back for a $50-$75 battery service. So your Plenty might, technically, be a better value even though it costs a little more.

Looks real nice. With any other brand, I'd think it'd be plastic, but with a Storz & Bickel product... Are those fins on the body a black-anodized aluminum heatsink? Does it stand up between hits (alone, or with some kind of stand)?

I hope you bought it from a sponsor or other reputable (approved by S&B) dealer - there are already enough cheap Chinese clones out there (ranging from "doesn't work very well" and "doesn't work for long" all the way to "doesn't work at all" and "every hit comes with free toxic vapors!") that S&B has created a document about how to tell the real thing from the knock-offs.

I really like the concept of a vaporizer with multiple (and known) temperature settings, so one with a digital temperature setting is always going to catch my eye.

BtW, what's the warranty on those things? Lifetime, or only five years (or...)?

The Mighty is plastic, but it does feel substantial and well built in the hand. The fins probably help dissipate heat from the bowl ignition source. It can stand up if you set it just right, but the unit appears designed more to be laid on its side. I bought it from a local store that is an authorized dealer, so I assume it is real. And it comes with a 24 month warranty.

. It can stand up if you set it just right, but the unit appears designed more to be laid on its side. I bought it from a local store that is an authorized dealer, so I assume it is real. And it comes with a 24 month warranty.
Actually, if you look at the bottom of the unit you will see the packing tool that looks like an orange golf tee. Remove it and reinsert it in the same hole but with the base of it opposite of the original manner and volia.... instant mighty stand. ;)
Thank me later.

The Mighty is plastic

They built it out of plastic? Storz & Bickel? <SHAKES HEAD> Have all the CNC machine operators moved out of Germany, lol? One assumes that, at the $350 to $400 that the model seems to be selling for, they could afford a nice aluminum body. I suppose they had their reasons, though.

I bought it from a local store that is an authorized dealer, so I assume it is real.

It does make it much more likely to be authentic. S&B will send you a document which shows the differences between the real one and the knock-offs upon request (or at least I assume they still do that). They'd probably also be able to verify your unit's serial number.

And it comes with a 24 month warranty.

Hmm, I wonder why they didn't go with a five-year one? Maybe they were concerned that, since this is a portable model, that people will be knocking it around and did not wish to have to explain to their customers that several years' worth of (occasional) hard knocks is NOT the same thing as a factory defect, lol.

I bet it's a joy to use.

I'm here in spirit; been checking in but can't smoke today (yet) as I might have to go to an interview.. Frustrating, cos I've been waiting for the call (that I was told to expect) all day, and I'm keen to join in the Red Eye Crew here...!

At least I can eat! Hot dogs, my favourite American food!! Except for Chicago style pizza but I haven't had time.....
Happy Independence day, Folks! Hope you all had a very free, very high long weekend!

I'm here in spirit; been checking in but can't smoke today (yet) as I might have to go to an interview.. Frustrating, cos I've been waiting for the call (that I was told to expect) all day, and I'm keen to join in the Red Eye Crew here...!

At least I can eat! Hot dogs, my favourite American food!! Except for Chicago style pizza but I haven't had time.....
Happy Independence day, Folks! Hope you all had a very free, very high long weekend!

Tell me that's not ketchup.... :yikes::surrender::thedoubletake::jawdropper:

Nope. Tomato sauce, it's called! And those are not strictly dogs, either... Beef sausages on the barbie. Sorry, no prawns..
:thumb:

:cheer: Happy 4th of July Smoke-a-thon :passitleft: I brought a baker's ounce of Skywalker Kush :cheer:

IMG_72466.jpg

IMG_72227.jpg

IMG_72335.jpg

IMG_72135.jpg

IMG_72097.jpg

:bongrip:

Hot dog photos not allowed on 4th July??

Hot dog photos are not 420 related & should neither be watermarked nor posted in the main forum :sorry:

Posting a link to an off topic photo in the off topic forums is fine.

I saved, cropped and reuploaded your Hot Dog to Off Topic :hug:

I rarely use a bong in general. However, when I do, I always try to use hot water - and have for many years). I know that there's a big part of the bong-making/-selling industry that would disagree with me (the part that charges more for bongs that have "ice-catchers," or who sell separate attachments for that purpose :rofl: ).

When I was a baby/toddler, I had a lot of trouble breathing, bronchitis/etc. My parents couldn't afford luxuries like doctor visits, a trip to the hospital, or (often) even a vehicle to take us the ~30 miles to the nearest town that had one. This was before Mom went barking, so she was as attentive as the next mother, lol... When I'd get even worse than usual, she'd grab me, run into the bathroom, throw a towel over my head to use as a "tent" of sorts... and then turn the hot water spigot in the bathtub on full and hold me & the towel so that the steam was caught and I had to breathe it. It generally helped greatly (and might be one of the reasons that I'm still here), as the steam opened the tiny little passages in my lungs.

I have to admit that I wasn't thinking about that the first time I tried hot water in a bong. I had some bud (obviously), but it wasn't very potent. I thought to myself, "You heat it to vaporize the THC... and then you cool the vapor back off in a bong? Hmm..." So I tried using hot water, hoping that more of the (sparse) THC would actually make it into my lungs.

I don't remember if I got more of an effect or not. But I did learn that it's a smoother, much more comfortable hit. I think that a big reason why people cough when smoking cannabis is because the smoke is so dry. People seem to cough more in general in the Winter when inside buildings where artificial heating has made the relative humidity of the air very low.

First, my sympathies. Second...

LMFAO. I'm afraid to ask. Oh, wait... Some years ago, I heard the neighbor yelling at his teen-aged kid. It turned out that he was supposed to be studying with his girlfriend, and the father suspected he wasn't... studying the subject that he was supposed to be. The kid swore up and down that they were doing schoolwork - until the father said, "Oh, yeah? Let me smell your finger."

IDK... Social finger?

You youngins and your slang, I can't keep up ;) .
Hahahahaha!!! That's too freaking funny! No need to smell this finger, as it has a hole in the nail. It's my middle finger. You know, when I don't feel like being social, I show them that finger, and the problem usually gets taken care of. lol!

Hot dog photos are not 420 related & should neither be watermarked nor posted in the main forum :sorry:

Posting a link to an off topic photo in the off topic forums is fine.

I saved, cropped and reuploaded your Hot Dog to Off Topic :hug:

Whoops! Sorry.. I was wondering at the time... I just thought...you know, 4 July and all that...
My bad.

I think it is quiet clear if you think about it, this is the July Forth SMOK-A-THON not the July 4th barbecue-a-thon which in turn makes them non-topic related. Might I make a suggestion that will/should make them topic related
Instead of grilling them on your barbecue, SMOKE THEM then instead of putting them in the typical bun which everyone eats their dogs, put yours in the BOWL of a big ole BONG with a monster bowl. Presto, it is now on topic and quiet tasty if I do say so myself

Remember the MODS are just doing their job but there is always more then one way to skin a cat :circle-of-love::cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy 4th of July
Still no drug test from work so I will have to pass on the smoke, but if there are any more of those hot dogs left over I would love one of those. Nothing says 4th o July like a dog from the Barbie. Isn't Americas set up great, I can not smoke a bowl with everyone because if would stay in my system and if I got drug tested on this coming Friday, I would loose my job, but if I did a few lines of coke or some Meth, heck I would be fine being tested on Friday. Yep we Americans sure know what we are doing when it comes to the War on Drugs :rofl: While today has great meaning to me, when they finally declare the War on Drugs is over, that will be the TRUE Independence Day in my humble opinion:thumb:

Happy 4th of July to all you wonderful American guys and gals out there! I will be back later to join in on some celebrations, have to go to work for a couple of hours since it's not a long weekend for us anymore lol! Take care all, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom