The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

Clackamas Coots is an old grower/breeder that developed his own soil mix. @bobrown14 was there when Coots was working on it. His soil is based on Coots soil with some modifications.
Just read his mix interesting .

You can buy the amendments in kit form
Save money type of deal buy three save x ?
Doesn’t seem like a hard thing to do however there is cooking time . Woudk have to read up about this no till?
Plus there are a few words I need to look up for sure lol just being real here .

Hey it's brand new to me also! Lol
Well let’s figute it out together no ?

Even though I ain’t growing I love learning man just as much as I love burning what can I say

Read up then pick Van and Bobrowns brains for fine tuning the mix.
Or see what my own thoughts come up with first I can’t get barley anywhere lol

Read up then pick Van and Bobrowns brains for fine tuning the mix.
You ever heard fo recharge ?

It’s an amendment you add and apparently it helps keep roots good and the ph in range has tons of microbes molasses few others in it ?

Instead of Dolomite Lime?

I've heard of it but not used it.
Just got explained about it tonight and understanding now after reading even briefly for few mins on that Los link I found of his easiest recipe Los .

I shoudl also add that recharge works really well with organic nutrients and soil mediums coco woudnt benefit I’d think .

Just so everyone is aware .

Hey gang! Yeah Joe there are lots of good options indeed. My mix is pretty bare bones... I'll have to go over and ask blew what he uses again. He has the worm bins like myself. In fact he sent me the worms!

He cut his with equal parts plain dirt and then like 1 or 2 things. I used azomite for trace minerals. And I have dolomite lime as well as a rose mix that I can top dress or tea in flower need be.

If you visit Mountain Organics web page and go to the soil tab, you can find tons of good info on No-Till Gardening. He and Coot worked on different versions of this mix for years.

His new revised version is by far the simplest soil mix I've ever seen! Outstanding results with it too (not me personally, just yet)!

A person could, and I plan too, do a sort of mix with the new and old versions (nothing can be simple with me lol). Most of the amendments arent real necessary...but can help with worm reproduction, pest prevention, and ph buffering to name a few! :passitleft:

The thing with LOS... I just can't wrap my head around it. I can't read the plant well enough to know what to throw in the mix. There is no black and white instructions that make it work. I love the idea and applaud the people that make it work. But LOS indoors is crap to me. Outdoors is a different story. I treat my soil with homemade compost every winter from things that I prune off the property, and maybe some alfalfa and straw sometimes. I have a pile of worms and bugs and critters and grasses and perennials that grow and are happy. Maybe what I am doing outside is LOS and I don't even know it, but bringing that indoors is a mountain on a project for me. I can go to the store and for $10 get a bag of soil that will fill a 15 gallon pot. I can grow like a pound of weed with this. Simple. Easy. Local. I can reuse the soil to grow potted veggies in the summer.

I can't wait to get growing! I think I will start outdoor seeds this weekend. Purple Satellite. And maybe a Thai.

The thing with LOS... I just can't wrap my head around it. I can't read the plant well enough to know what to throw in the mix. There is no black and white instructions that make it work. I love the idea and applaud the people that make it work. But LOS indoors is crap to me. Outdoors is a different story. I treat my soil with homemade compost every winter from things that I prune off the property, and maybe some alfalfa and straw sometimes. I have a pile of worms and bugs and critters and grasses and perennials that grow and are happy. Maybe what I am doing outside is LOS and I don't even know it, but bringing that indoors is a mountain on a project for me. I can go to the store and for $10 get a bag of soil that will fill a 15 gallon pot. I can grow like a pound of weed with this. Simple. Easy. Local. I can reuse the soil to grow potted veggies in the summer.

I can't wait to get growing! I think I will start outdoor seeds this weekend. Purple Satellite. And maybe a Thai.
Give this a read if your interested! Fairly black and white I'd say. LOS Soil Mix

Back
Top Bottom