The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

Hey dabs

Anything I can do for you buddy let me know.

Shit sucks when it pours hard .

What seeds you thinking about getting?
Oh not pouring I just kinda failed miserably to do it correctly. Good news is I got the order in!

I just went back to check throughout the day as I figured the 1 stock would replenish once they figured out that I'm a little slow lol. ... and it did!

But since technically my first try failed I missed the 10% discount for first time bit coin, and because of that I had to write more money to put more money in my bit coin wallet.

But I really could care less cause I did it!

I will post a list of the goodies here soon.

Just goes to show that perseverance pays!

Oh not pouring I just kinda failed miserably to do it correctly. Good news is I got the order in!

I just went back to check throughout the day as I figured the 1 stock would replenish once they figured out that I'm a little slow lol. ... and it did!

But since technically my first try failed I missed the 10% discount for first time bit coin, and because of that I had to write more money to put more money in my bit coin wallet.

But I really could care less cause I did it!

I will post a list of the goodies here soon.

Just goes to show that perseverance pays!

New delightful goodies.....haha

Well what was I shooting for? 48 autos this summer? Looks like I'll settle for 20...

10 Mexican airlines autos
5 bilbo amnesia autos
3 seedsman amnesia autos
1 diesel automatic by dinafem
And
1 pineapple Express auto freebie from my motm win

I also have some random beans from an outdoor auto farm here that are regs, so I'll send a few swimming.

3 of the 8 GG4a×grape krush are above ground and I still need to check the paper towel for more tadpoles. All should finish in under 8 weeks.

I also got 3 more early skunk by seedsman. I have 1 from rooster also, and am still debating whether or not I will drop them this summer or just use 1 for breeding.

And lastly the one that tried to evade me thrice!

SmartSelect_20190406-221357_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20190406-221327_Chrome.jpg

Hoping for a winner. After my grape project I'm going orange. Some hot new crosses coming from elev8 and most have this in them but are femenized. I'm kind of a gambler at times, and think this may be one worth having when the offspring have all the hype I assume they will...

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Mines much better with the stress of ordering seeds behind me!

How much soil do you like to keep your plants in to keep them that size? Thanks for the wisdom too! Cheers!
I’ve got no wisdom, but two primary approaches to limiting the height of outdoor grows:

1) LST early and consistently up to the start of flower. If it’s a strain that tends to grow big, allow at least 6’ diameter around the plant for LST.

As Pennywise noted, it’s quite possible to grow outdoor plants that are wider than they are tall. Here’s one of mine from last year in early flower—it was about 6.5’ wide & about 4.5’ tall.

2) Delay putting the plants outside to reduce veg time (if you’re growing photoperiod plants). There’ll be a tradeoff with yield, but life is full of tradeoffs.

I don’t grow in raised beds/or pots, so I can’t help on that front.

Grow on!

I’ve got no wisdom, but two primary approaches to limiting the height of outdoor grows:

1) LST early and consistently up to the start of flower. If it’s a strain that tends to grow big, allow at least 6’ diameter around the plant for LST.

As Pennywise noted, it’s quite possible to grow plant outdoors that are wider than they are tall. Here’s one of mine from last year in early flower—it was about 6.5’ wide & about 4.5’ tall.

2) Delay putting the plants outside to reduce veg time (if you’re growing photoperiod plants). There’ll be a tradeoff with yield, but life is full of tradeoffs.

I don’t grow in raised beds/or pots, so I can’t help on that front.

Grow on!

Thanks for the response. I’ll likely be utilizing a little of both your suggestions. I am going to stop proclaiming what I’m going to run until it’s actually outside in the ground lol. I change my mind like I change my underwear lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
pretty jealous that you guys all have that nice long growing season! But if I have to choose between autos and pesky porkchoppers, I'll choose to run the autos! And to change my underwear...

I have 2 or 3 more GG×GK above ground this morning.... it's getting real!!!!

Oh also training wise I'm just gonna go tomato cage and maybe one more around that. Biggest headache will be keeping them mobile-ish. So I'll veg them inside as long as possible.

What exactly does your growing season look like Mr. Dabs?
Well summer lasted 3 days last year....

No depends on the year. Since spring came a month early we had April showers instead of may. But basically mid may I think were good to go this year. I can grow through August into September, but rains and cold moist weather make it a huge challenge to do photos.

I'm almost inclined to say fuck the blackout and just throw a heater in the loop tunnels. The heater would dry the air, warm the space and keep VDP in check. Moist and cold is actually far worse for mold and rot when compared to warm and moist.

But again that property has an indoor spot we can finish them out. Big thing is if we are really going to consider a limited cultivation license we probably wouldnt be doing the move inside, so we can start vegging for winter indoor.

Theres a lot to consider, but if we can figure it out it will be well worth the effort.

Love the thread for Bonsai. I am in very similar growing conditions as dabs. But I have maybe a month of slightly better conditions being in north central British Columbia. I could get away with July Augus Sept for growing.

I haven’t spotted a place to throw any down yet, and not 100% sure if I will, but if I do it will be some autoflowers. I would start them in late May, Big Bud x Northern Lights by Oasis.

Well summer lasted 3 days last year....
I'm curious about the very long periods of sunlight during the summer days. How does that affect growing photos? :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom