The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

I'm curious about the very long periods of sunlight during the summer days. How does that affect growing photos? :hmmmm:
Well it's a blessing and a curse! If you can keep a good environment ie greenhouse it's not too tough to make harvest. That or you have to black out the grow space or bring them inside.

It is a blessing because they get really nice 18 hours of direct sunlight for a while allowing for a shorter veg time I assume. But the finish is what is tough. A "fast strain" that finishes mid September can be done with some easy adjustments. Luckily the farm is south from me and gets warmer temps. One spot is up in the hills and I cant see a photo being able to live to harvest without some more drastic measures.

It would be difficult, but you could begin flower indoors for 3-4 weeks before the outdoor growing season starts, then finish outside! Timing is the key.
Indeed! I have those 8 "fast" beans breaking dirt now. They are regs so probably 3 to 5 I can grow big.

I'm gonna check the others in the paper towel. A few were very clearly immature but ya never know! I'll also toss the 1 early skunk by seedsman that rooster sent. He has to harvest early too in upstate NY and swears that this skunk is as fast as they come!

I have been toying with the idea over the last year or two, of creating a sort of hydro/hempy type of autofeed system for outdoors in our northern climates.

Particularly in the black spruce, peat bog type of environment. Pine, fir, and many other areas are too dry. One near a creek fresh source of water. In my case, next to a lake where a creek enters it. Water level is constant for months.

But use a 5 gallon bucket with the lower 1/3 of the bucket grow rock. Lots of holes drilled for movement of the water. Bury the bucket so the soil isn't in contact with the water line. Put small cage around it. Top dress with mulch or some of the peat. Like living in an aerated compost tea lol.

@UrbanAchiever glad you made it brother! Totally meant to tag you in the initial post. Well, at least turbo wasnt the only forgotten one haha!

Will you post up your soil recipe for us?! Just comparing a few now. Trying to find what the other essentials I will need are...

I love the idea of a grow by the creek!

1/3 Sphagnum Moss, 1/3 Perlite, 1/3 Earth Worm Castings, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Shell Meal, Rock Dust Mix (glacial rock dust, volcanic basalt dust, local clay powdered, oyster shell powder, azomite), Diotomecious Earth, Neem Meal, Kelp Meal, biochar.

I used Clackamus Coots recipe and stuck very close to it. Then I drove it off the cliff.

Keep in mind I have what amounts to 2 large garbage bins full. Right now in two grow bins and a garbage bin 3/4 full.
Over the last few years I have added shredded paper, saw dust, vegetable and fruit scraps, clay, more amendments like horsetail ferns, egg shells, whatever I could add.

It was a lot of soil to build. far more than I needed.

edit- I have only had an issue with some fungus gnats but not enough to be detrimental. The IPM in that mix with the crab shell meal, Neem Meal, and oyster shell powder served me well. Not sure if it was some of those amendments or perhaps too much EWC in my mix, but I think I had too much N available. I could have dialled back the EWC and used more compost or black earth. Something neutral.

Here you go, about month away..Nothing but sheep shit and rain water this year.. tied down little but ended up cutting quarter/half the plant away to get to this, hopefully will get to harvest.. nevilles haze x black widow.. lat 39th parallel south

IMG_0794.JPG

Very nice ladies Grizz. Looking good. Cheers

Quick update on the Bonsai Tribute gal:

She's happy as a clam! Hope to figure out a stealth way to move her outside & join in the real fun. LoL

Love, peace & chicken grease y'all
:snowboating:

Hi @TheMadDabber I'll join the fun. Last year was my first outdoor grow and I had lots of fun and lots of learning. This year I'm going with a Holy Punch and a Mama Mia. I'l start them in the tent and move them out in May. Living Organic Soil will be new. I have a batch of The Rev's LOS V2.2 cooking now for the occasion. Going to be fun, and a tribute to a good man at the same time. Here's last years grow.
Tutankhamon
Pineapple Chunk

What kind of a yield did you get with that Pineapple Chunk? :welldone:

Hey guys, I’m new to outdoor growing up. I wanted to share something that I came up against recently in my garden. It’s a good idea to plan your indoor photoperiod to match the outdoor photoperiod. I unfortunately didn’t pay heed and will likely lose my young plants I already started.
Hard lessons learned. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom