The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

you all taking a weed and trying to grow a rose,lalready been said said when best time to take outside.. first week last month of spring. More than just dark hours to avoid. ground warming up has just as much effect on stalling your plants..
@GrizzWald :thumb: Just awesome - it’s not easy getting them to finish at these latitudes. Hope it all gets there without too much trouble or loss!

Haven't had any mold yet but removed at least quarter of plant, trying to avoid it.
This
IMG_0800.JPG

first week last month of spring
Is usually when I drop my seeds :thumb: I like to have them outside from the get go and I don’t need huge plants (they get plenty big for me to handle). They get brought in at night for a while - if it still cold. Then into the ground a bit before solstice.

The ground temp issue will be different depending on where you are on the planet I’d think.

@GrizzWald :thumb: Just awesome - it’s not easy getting them to finish at these latitudes. Hope it all gets there without too much trouble or loss!

Hey @Archiweedies , and all, on the moving them outside thing. How old are they now? Only a few weeks? I would think that up until a certain age there is less risk of them flowering early. I’m sure someone has schooled me in that before. They won’t flower until they’re old enough to flower. SO if they’re clones - then yeah, light changes will probably trigger flower like you discovered, but from seed the risk is different it’s both light hours and maturity.
I shouldn't have edited and left in same reply.. of course we are talking mature plants, pount of having vegged indoors and moving out, hence timing questions,lol..

Amy you leaving shit too late for a good harvest.. but I've only grow plants last 27 years, you think I'm going into ground to early? Lol.. I'm a seed grower also but put month old plants into the ground..

I never said I thought you were too early. I just do it that way because I can’t manage huge plants. Last year I harvested a pound off 3 plants and that’s plenty for me.

And mine are usually about a month old when going into ground as well - just a little smaller. :)

Is usually when I drop my seeds :thumb: I like to have them outside from the get go and I don’t need huge plants (they get plenty big for me to handle). They get brought in at night for a while - if it still cold. Then into the ground a bit before solstice.

The ground temp issue will be different depending on where you are on the planet I’d think.
See I just don’t get that ... how does one know is it sativa dominate go long so make sure you account for that?

Or I’ve been told autos and Indica dominate plants are best for my area .

Up in Canada with short growing seasons, you have to stick to quicker flowering plants, and those tent to be indicas and autos. The sativas (like your Candida) might not be done before the weather changes. When you get it in the ground won't make a difference as the days just start getting shorter after June 21st.
Exactly bro !!

How you keeping fella ?

See I just don’t get that ... how does one know is it sativa dominate go long so make sure you account for that?

Or I’ve been told autos and Indica dominate plants are best for my area .
Once the plant is of a certain age it will start flowering in response to the shortening days. So like Shed said, when I plant has no bearing on when it finishes flowering.

So long as sexual maturity has been reached by the time the light changes it doesn’t matter if I plant in September or early December - the END of flower will be the same. Only the size of the plant will be different.

So the way I do it, so far, isaim for 8-10weeks veg time before the daylong hours trigger flowering.

And yes - I don’t choose very long flowering sativas for outside here. That’s why I have a tent . :Namaste:

I've been on the fence about doing an outdoor grow and still am but I dropped 12 OG Kush bag seeds (not risking any beans I paid for) so now I just need to find a place to put them. I'm germing in a cardboard box with 2 curly CFL bulbs on 24/7 and will veg on 24/7 until they go outside. If I don't find a suitable place, at least I'll get some practice checking for sex.

That's the spirit Ween.

All's well with me Joe. Thanks! Mostly I'm anxious for you to organize your summer auto grow on the tomato platform. We need to keep you in meds, and your wife said not in the house. She didn't mention the yard right?

Oh shed

:passitleft::adore::headbanger:

I'll stop mentioning it sometime in mid-July in case there's still time for a 65 day auto ;).
Too funny man

I’ll be here and there still buddy

Is usually when I drop my seeds :thumb: I like to have them outside from the get go and I don’t need huge plants (they get plenty big for me to handle).
I do something similar--germinate & plant about 1-2 weeks after what'd be optimal for yield/ultimate plant size in my corner of the crumpled planet.

It's one of the ways I use to keep my plants about the size I want them. Don't need a bigger yield than what I get. As it is, I'm sitting on 90% of what I grew last year & about 10% of what I grew the summer before that.

I just try to keep the variety rolling & the quality high.

Grow on!

I've been on the fence about doing an outdoor grow and still am but I dropped 12 OG Kush bag seeds (not risking any beans I paid for) so now I just need to find a place to put them. I'm germing in a cardboard box with 2 curly CFL bulbs on 24/7 and will veg on 24/7 until they go outside. If I don't find a suitable place, at least I'll get some practice checking for sex.

Glad you made it ween. I have 6 under a CFL now lol. And a few I finally put in the veg space. It does the trick!

Hope you can find at least a little spot to try. Also dont be surprised if your bag seeds are all female. My first grow years ago was bag seeds and not one male. But hopefully that's not the case cause like you said it's good practice

I do something similar--germinate & plant about 1-2 weeks after what'd be optimal for yield/ultimate plant size in my corner of the crumpled planet.

It's one of the ways I use to keep my plants about the size I want them. Don't need a bigger yield than what I get. As it is, I'm sitting on 90% of what I grew last year & about 10% of what I grew the summer before that.

I just try to keep the variety rolling & the quality high.

Grow on!
I can relate.. I have bags of weed laying around and still go to the dispensary... but I'm gonna try and save some coin and make my own dabs here soon and finally have some sensi... as my last 2 harvests were fully and partially seeded.

Back
Top Bottom