The Great Outdoor Group Grow: Beastly Buds To Honor Bonsai

Yes, it is quite fragrant, and delicious too! :)

I didn't realize it but I ended up putting my indoor basil plant out in the summer shade, it gets daily water and seems to be doing well. My daughter brought a tiny one home from Garden Club and the end of school last year. So far I've seen the basil get decimated but all my other plants are doing very well.

The Basil Works!!!!!

I have basil and clover planted in my cannabis patch. I have a few bugs, but nothing unusual. My ladies are outdoors in soil, so like you say, "It doesn't hurt anything, even if it doesn't help". Besides, I love pesto!! Cheers

Been a while since I posted an update here. My four girls (in-ground) are doing well. They started with their first pistils in late July, and have continued to show flowers and stretch like crazy. The tallest stems are now just over 6', but most branches are in the 4-5' range. I am going to need to add some more stakes for support soon I think. Hope all of you are doing great!

Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA but the baby was born! So things have been hectic I hope to catch up with everyone soon. Plants are still alive kinda. My PIC had some car issues so were rolling with the punches....

Miss you all and lots of love from the land of the midnight sun

Congrats...enjoy your next 18 yrs of indentured servitude!;)

Aww thanks yeah hes a beautiful baby boy and our girl just turned 3. Pretty great times.

Let's see if I have a couple quickies to put up....

20190804_162632.jpg
20190804_163700.jpg

Its It's already almost freezing at night gonna insulate throw up the heater and 600 watt and let em finish up. I'll try for more pics but my damn phone is overloaded with pics.... oops!

And a dab from me to you friends!

20190820_103828.jpg

Aww thanks yeah hes a beautiful baby boy and our girl just turned 3. Pretty great times.

Let's see if I have a couple quickies to put up....

20190804_162632.jpg
20190804_163700.jpg

Its It's already almost freezing at night gonna insulate throw up the heater and 600 watt and let em finish up. I'll try for more pics but my damn phone is overloaded with pics.... oops!

And a dab from me to you friends!

20190820_103828.jpg
Tasty looking bho...

Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA but the baby was born! So things have been hectic I hope to catch up with everyone soon. Plants are still alive kinda. My PIC had some car issues so were rolling with the punches....

Miss you all and lots of love from the land of the midnight sun
Congratulations, the births of my children were all equally the best days of my life , they have brought me nothing but happiness , and well the ptsd and insomnia ... I’m just kidding . They complete me my friend , I am very happy for you .
I am very impressed with your dabs harvest , did you end up making your own press? I have never actually tried dabs but I am very interested and would love to start making some of my own, I think it would be a great experience , I’ve actually watched a lot of videos watching it ooze out from under the plates , I cannot beilieve that comes out of the flower it’s an incredible leap in extraction methods it’s comparable to putting man on the moon in my opinion .. LOL cheers my friend . :peace:

Update to my Bonsai tribute outdoor grow.

While the Tree of Life (TOL) had been slow growing, they’ve really picked up & have now eclipsed the other strains (tortoise v. hare stuff).

This one flowered in early August & is really stacking nicely. It’s the best of the bunch now & smells wonderful.

As can be seen in these photos, the baby colas are already much more giant than mammoth tomatoes in the background! ;) But that's enough naive realism jokes for today:lot-o-toke::theband:

This TOL runt had a month+ less veg time (had germination problems), but’s rolling.

The Lemon Diesel bagseed is perhaps the most vigourous grower, but it’s stacking very sloooowly…it flowered about the same time as the big TOL, but comparatively ain't doing shit stacking-wise. The word on LD is it mainly stacks late, but I’m a bit concerned that I won’t get it to finish well before the PNW weather turns into the annual growing horrorshow.

I feel the same about the Big Bang…really flowering slowly, which seems kinda odd because IME indicas usually finish the fastest. But n=1, so perhaps it’s just the pheno. Looking vigorous, but vigor won’t get anyone high.

Bonus: there’s some debate among folks on 420 re: pruning outdoor plants during flower, but I do it & I’m dead certain it helps on the PM & budrot front. Not only from growing experience, but much of my past professional life dealt with the interaction of climate/vegetation/water dynamic, so I’ve got plenty of expertise on that front. Maybe I'm nuts, but I think I'm going to go with my expertise;)
Pruning=more airflow = more evapotranspiration = less moisture retention=less risk of mold. Might drop yields and/or not be best thing for the plants, but I’ll take the tradeoff.

Ride on spirit of Bonsai, ride on.

I have basil and clover planted in my cannabis patch. I have a few bugs, but nothing unusual. My ladies are outdoors in soil, so like you say, "It doesn't hurt anything, even if it doesn't help". Besides, I love pesto!! Cheers
Anyone heard of crimson clover it's a plant that helps keep pest away as well.

Yes, that's what I planted.

Back
Top Bottom