The Great White Rhino Shootout!

Did you sprinkle sugar on this one?
014245.JPG

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: Dude

Update: A week away from harvest but alas, no amber trichs...Most of the trichs are cloudy, some are clear, but no redness anywhere trich-wise. Still the hairs are mostly red so we'll see if the plants are going to be really ready when their 90 days are up. Maybe another week...just not sure. Hate this part of the grow. Perhaps I should take a little bit, dry it out and smoke it?!? I'll try and post some macro pics and see if I can get an expert opinion. Otherwise they look great, all crystally and sugarly lookin'. Fan leaves are yellowing rapidly and flushing is underway. Buds are sticky and smelly. Will watch them closely. On a side note, we're keeping the people of Japan in our prayers today...

Another week it is. Wont be no smoke report till the end of the month. (sigh) Oh well got plenty of other shit to smoke so I'll just wait..................................and wait. C'MON GIRLS GET AMBER DAMNIT......................that was an understandable outburst.

My main colas are getting covered with the amber trichs finally so i make take the 2 colas this weekend but leave the rest to develop some more. Never done this so not sure how it is going to work. Trichs are so much more easy to see with my $10 radio schack mini microscope but it is so difficult to use. I usually end up smashing it into my precious buds and the bottom plastic ring gets all sticky! I hate that. But my 30x loupe is just not strong enough so I have to use the mini scope. Anyway thats it for now.

Gave the girls a thorough examination today with the mini scope and the tip of the cola on the Nirvana WR (tall one) is mostly amber but the lower part of the cola is pure milky. I will wait til wed to snip the 2 colas. Then it will be lites out until the weekend at which time I will harvest the rest. Most of the upper buds are showing amber while the mid and lower remain mostly cloudy. The hairs are all pretty much red now. Tomorrow is day 90. I dont want to wait for the all the milky ones to show amber while the current amber ones (especially the upper ones) start to break down and lose potency. Anyway I'm callin' it as of today. Next weekend will be it for them. The shootout will be over. I'm ready to order some new seeds for the next grow. Maybe White Widow or Sour Diesel. Whatcha think?

Thanks, I appreciate your help and comments. Congrats on Member of the Month. You deserve it for sharing your knowledge and encouraging new growers.

Snipped the Nirvana WR cola Wednesday and the Greenhouse WR tonite. The rest will fall probably Sunday as planned. Got a pic of the snipped colas to post....soon.

Choppity Chop...

Harvest! At long last with 9 weeks of flowering the shootout is over. Here are the pics:

005519.JPG

015223.JPG

Smoke report on Wednesday or Thurs. from the Nirvana WR cola. I normally cut the buds rather than the whole plant and trim when they are fresh. I did a lite trim and am hanging the whole plant to dry. Shouldn't be a problem for the Nirvana one but we'll see how that works for the Greenhouse which is thick and dense. I have them in the same closet with the lite removed and the fan circulating air. Thanks for looking and the smoke report and dry weight comes later this week. Until then...this is mort signing off.

Thanks. The Nirvana WR cola is one week dry tomorrow. When I get home from work I intend to get started on the serious trim on that and then (gasp) I will pick me off a piece and LIGHT HER UP! I have never smoked White Rhino before so this should be interesting. The Greenhouse WR cola is 7 days dry on Thursday. The rest of the plants will be trimmed Sunday with the final weight tally seperate and together at that time. Look for that all-too-important smoke report to come tomorrow or Thursday at the latest on the Nirvana Seed Bank 'White Rhino'. Smoke report on the Greehouse Seeds 'White Rhino' to follow probably on the weekend. White Rhino seems to be a hot plant right now along with the Aurora Indica which I believe is also of Nirvana Seed Bank. Anyway stay tuned and thanks for looking.

Dry weight on Nirvana's White Rhino cola is 3/4 of an ounce! Here is some photos:

004559.JPG

and some so-so trimmed buds. Could've been better but I was a little high at the time.

005520.JPG

Ain't they sugary sweet? Smoke report soon.............Thanks for looking.

SMOKE REPORT!! Nirvana Seedbank White Rhino

Hmmmm, where do I begin...Ah! I know! I'll begin with some comments regarding trimming. I have always trimmed the buds right at harvest when they are still fresh and hang the individual buds. This time I cut the plants at the base and hung the whole plant upside down to dry. After seven days I then trim and brother let me tell ya that is the way to go. Trimming when fresh is a sticky long tedious process but trimming when dry went quick and smooth. Got better trimmed buds that way as well. Saved the trimmings for hash. After trimming the Nirvana cola I took a small chunk from the bottom part of the cola and stuffed it in my glass pipe. My first hit was a doozy. The first thing I notice was the taste. Now the Nirvana description of the taste is a rather "hashy taste". The first thing that came to my mind,however,was a taste of ammonia. Not real good. Subsequent hits were more like a mixture of pine and gasoline. Weird. Not sure why this was. I hear that Sour Diesel gives off a taste of diesel fuel. Having never tried that I would say thats what this was like. Anyway it was certainly not a dealbreaker. But then came the stone. Subtle at first but then it came down like a hammer. It was devastating. Couch lock for sure. I couldn't believe it. Caught me by surprise. Very powerful and long lasting from that afternoon into the night. Slept well. And that was from one small bowl. I havent had anymore since then but will again sometime this weekend. Later today I will try some Greenhouse White Rhino and see how that is. I weighed the rather small Greenhouse cola this morning and it was a disappointing 5 grams or so. We'll see how it smokes later today. Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom