The Green Help-Me Hotline

re: The Green Help-Me Hotline

Dearest N.W. Green. I am a dumb new grower. I did a post but got no replies so i would like to ask for your opinion. I am rooting 3 WW clones that I plan to plant outdoors. They have a good chance of being pollinated by the local Ditch Weed. In your Honorable opinion would you think the quality will be reduced by this and will the seeds be any good? I'm worried about this and may change plan depending on what you think.
Thanks.

Yes the quality will be affected (in a bad way) since you won't get as much yield if the buds are seeded. No the seeds will be junk.

I have a ch9 jack33 that is in the 6th wk of bloom it has great bud forming but no sign of trichomes --- free seed-- is it just unstable or should I wait (note I had the same issue with a bluberry strain last year and it finally showed a small amount after 10 wks but it was not able to give you a good buzz ) the leaves are paler than the other varieties I have but it is very healthy otherwise the question is am I wasting my time and limited space on this???

Well if all your after is the high thc buzz effect,then maybe yes it's a waste of time,however to me no plant is a waste, all cannabis it super rich in nutrients and healing benefits,I never waste anything if it's not good smoke gear,I tend to juice them for a vitamin and cannabanoid boost with up to 160 possible cannabanoids in every plant (male,hermie ,hemp,ruderallis etc) it's always a good thing to consume even if it does not get you high, jm2c:thumb:

Hello there I'm a first timer I've been doing a lot of research but I can't find anything for my specific needs. I x military and I suffer from ptsd. I want to grow just one plant at a time BC weed helps me and I don't need a lot. I have a small space to use about 3x3x4.5 I don't know what lighting to use I want quality bud but I can Oxford heat problems and I've been debating between hydro or a soil self watering container please help my cash limit is about 300

:welcome: to :420:

Check out How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know! it is an invaluable source of information on just about everything pertaining to growing cannabis.

FWIW, Hydro is far less forgiving to growing mistakes than soil and I believe the startup costs are lower with soil as well.

huey 13 i think your bulbs might be old

Hello there I'm a first timer I've been doing a lot of research but I can't find anything for my specific needs. I x military and I suffer from ptsd. I want to grow just one plant at a time BC weed helps me and I don't need a lot. I have a small space to use about 3x3x4.5 I don't know what lighting to use I want quality bud but I can Oxford heat problems and I've been debating between hydro or a soil self watering container please help my cash limit is about 300

you can use t5 or cfl for light and they are cool a 400w air cooled light can work as long as you keep temps around 75 or if you add co2 you should try to hit 85 and the room should be about 40% on the low side and 60% on the high side for humidity. Your grow environment is the most important thing. do this first than you can find out how much cash is left dont forget covering the smell will cost you . ideally $1000 or more is needed but build your way up and learn on the way.

Thanks for the help guys and I was thinking cfl or a 90watt UFO led which will I get better quality from? I was thinking of running close to 300 watts in CFLs.

Your budget is a bit low for my recommendations, but there's a few ways I would approach this space, I would go LED due to low heat output and less overall build cost, you won't need a bunch of fans and AC, there's a couple lights that come to mind and they happen to be sponsors, here's one that would really kill it for the size area you have, Budmaster II 300-XG LED Grow Light is the smallest in our range of led grow lights , and this one 80x5w - $332.50 : TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,LED GROWLIGHT,LED BULB,LED TUBE,grow lights,t5 grow light,hps grow light,fluorescent grow light,grow light bulb,grow light bulbs,marijuana grow light,growing light,cfl grow light,indoor grow light,g ,I'm using the second one in a 2x3x6ft tent and getting great results with regards to quality,and and doing a across run to push for yield, I'm going to suggest growing in coco ,it's cheap ,easy to use,reusable, can run synthetic or organic nutrients, I can help alot with the use of coco, I'm of no help with hydro as I kill everything I try to grow with hydro, , and soil while forgiving and easy can be tricky and expensive, in any case LED saves you having to buy big expensive exhaust fans,bulbs,hoods,and is much easier on the electric bill,and there no thermal footprint, I recommend smartpots they are reusable,cheap,and keep roots from getting rootbound,,you can review alot of these techniques in my journals in my sig, ,I'm inviting you to come have a look,I started out very small with cfl's and 2 liter hempys hope this helps

Thanks for the help guys and I was thinking cfl or a 90watt UFO led which will I get better quality from? I was thinking of running close to 300 watts in CFLs.

a good led should be better

a good led should be better

i agree 300watts of led would defo do better than 300 watts of cfl ,actually i can say for sure that my 200watt topled light does way better than when i was running 350+ watts of cfl and no where near the amount of heat! i have the marsII 80x5watt light that runs about 300$ and will last alot longer without all the spaghetti of wires and serious fire hazzard, and cfl's are full of mercury break one and your whole room & air is toxic they say to clean up a cfl rupture you basically need a hazmat suit the powder can cover your plants and mercury can be absorbed thru your skin, if one breaks in my house i evacuate all ppl and pets for an hour and run my air sanitizer while i clean up the spill
something to consider, also due to the anmount of them clustered and high heat they brake more often in a grow room situation:peace:

newb needs help i have 20 autoflowering seeds and 2 1000 watt halide bulbs im seeing people use different lighting solutions, can i use these lights? sorry if it is a stupid question

newb needs help i have 20 autoflowering seeds and 2 1000 watt halide bulbs im seeing people use different lighting solutions, can i use these lights? sorry if it is a stupid question

yes yes you can. if heat is not an issue take the glass off of your hood to get all of the UVB light from your blue bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom