The Happy Cola Company's Official Ground Up Medical Cannabis Grow Op

Exactly. There are ways for sure. Will they be efficient and work well enough is the first barrier, cost is second when you gotta keep it tight to stay going.

A lot of this stuff has indeed been unique as I haven't found a readily available source. That or I'm the only guy on planet earth looking for solutions to backbreaking tasks I seem find myself in on a consistent basis.
I'm about $175 out of pocket on this project. It HAS to work!
Wish me luck!

I started getting the topside roughed in today.
20201119_134244.jpg

20201119_172921.jpg

20201119_173257.jpg

20201119_173627.jpg

The motor comes in tomorrow. This weekend I'll get to see what hopefully ends up being an industrial sized ultrasonic cleaner with an attitude!

A lot of this stuff has indeed been unique as I haven't found a readily available source. That or I'm the only guy on planet earth looking for solutions to backbreaking tasks I seem find myself in on a consistent basis.
Wish me luck!
THO...as always...I trust you will McGyver your way to a nicely painted and trimmed out solution to your important production back room obstacles. Keep us posted.

Wish me luck!

Oh, y'all ain't the only ones that look into shit like that. I'm kind of surprised you guys aren't doing something like an undercurrent, running the old water through an RO or distiller to recoup and start fresh. Why clean and dump and scrub and whatnot when you can pump some water around while you read the site on your phone. :rofl:

Check out topsoil sifters. Basically a motor that turns an out of balance pulley and shakes the whole table. Might work in your application.

I've seen those! If the concrete shaker doesn't work, that's the direction I'll go. I'd use a belt drive if we went this route to keep the vibratory effects away from the bearings/bushings of the motor. This way you could either use vibration or a physical crankshaft effect to the table. I'll know tomorrow!

The bigwig on site on an industrial construction project (power plant) gave basically gave away anything anyone wanted when the project was completed, and Pop ended up with a concrete vibrator. Thing was a monster. Well over 10,000 vibrations per minute. If the one you'll be using is anything like that, it ought to be up to the task.

By the way, Happy One, nice re-purposing idea for the LT-1 valve springs! Had to buy some of those, once.

Well, the concrete vibrator came in today and I had to plug it in just to see what it does. It's smaller than I figured no doubt, however, this thing packs a hechuva punch! I did some research into these motors and learned there's more than taking any 48f motor and tossing a counterweight to it. Case in point: Most of my 48f motors (about all made today) are between 1050 and 1150 rpm and the armature is being carried on a set of bushings, not bearings.
This motor is encased in a shockproof cast iron frame and has heavy duty bearings (they call them shock-proof) so it should last a spell. This motor is rated @ 3600 rpm and when plugged in you won't hold it for long, that's for sure. I had my wife hold it and as I plugged it in, assuring her it wouldn't "shock" her while declaring the Jolly Green Giant's girlfriend would have a lot of fun with this little motor that could...lol. She about dropped it on my head... :hmmmm:

71Evjw5tPSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I finished out the afternoon building a heavy duty cart for the already too heavy for one guy to move on his own Hydroton expanded clay cleaner project, that is supposed to prevent me from tossing my shoulder out again if I can get it built without tossing my freaking shoulder out again...:lot-o-toke:

Anyway, here's a few shots of my progress. Tomorrow, I see what the concrete shaker will do!

20201120_185625.jpg

I still lack putting wheels on the project which adds 4 more inches. This will allow us to clean, rinse and dump into a 55 gallon barrel. I may add a drop in dump chute for giggles if needed. It almost looks like one won't be needed.:ganjamon:

Once the concrete shaker proves itself in this application (it was NEVER intended to be in), I'll start on the wash system. I'm thinking a two stage system will be required. First, a thorough rinse in a mixture of peroxide and water, (maybe an injection system?) followed by s good rinse in tap water. This with the ultrasonic effect of the upper table should do a great job of knocking any plant debris from the expanded clay while sterilizing and cleaning for the next go-round. If I go this route, it might be a good time to usher in Arduino control with a few solid state relays....hmmm...:hmmmm: Figure out the timing of the two sequences and set it up like a dishwasher. Fully automated. I could really dig that...:yahoo:

20201120_185524.jpg

20201120_185634.jpg

20201120_185836.jpg

No clue how I haven't seen this thread before now. Awesome facility, Happy! Wishing you guys all the luck. I'd much rather buy product from local farmers than the corporate giants trying to take over the cannabis industry after years of lobbying to suppress it.

Subbed!

They finally got 2 dispensaries open here. One had to shut down because of mold, the product is complete shit and $60/eighth. Fuck that.

There is a journalism student doing a story (420 friendly) on the emerging system and how things are going. She tried to visit a new facility, arranged to go out and see it, and it’s not even built or started yet. There wasn’t anything to see after driving over an hour to get there. On top of which the person really didn’t have a clue how to grow it at all.

So the focus of the story shifted a bit to how people are having to provide for themselves, and getting to the real brass tacks of things on how to do it right.

To see Happy trying to do the right thing (grow properly, dry/cure properly, etc) is a good thing to see on a big farm. It really is. If you can do it right and set your schedule right from the start, you might eat 6-8 weeks waiting on the drying and curing, but once it’s there the flow doesn’t stop and the product is well taken care of.

Today was a day that would tell if we went forward with the Media Shaker 6000 or had to back up and rethink.
Once the motor was installed I needed to know if it would really be able to move the media across the entire bed.
I'm pleased to say if really works better than my best expectation
Time to move forward with the sprinkler (wash) system and a way to tilt the bed.
The sprinkler we will have to experiment with a bit.
The bed tilt mechanism was changed from using a mechanical lever to a linear actuator with 12 inches of travel.
20201121_160447.jpg

We named this project the "Media Shaker 6000" because we simply had to one-up the "Bucket Washer 5000". This little 100 watt motor packs more punch than you'd probably believe. It exceeded our expectations to the point I MAY have to adjust for less thump which is fully adjustable on both ends.

20201121_182836.jpg

20201121_182957.jpg

Here's a short video showing the action of the table.

A quick update to the expanded clay cleaner, then onto some eye candy. I needed to get a sprayer system of sorts figured out. I needed to be able to remove it (just because) and I needed it to clear the lifting of the bed without moving it, so I went to work with what was on hand...namely 1x1 square 14 gauge tubing and this time why not use the square tubing as a spray nozzle support as well as a distribution method for the water? So I grabbed my bag of gas pipe fitting and mocked one up.

20201123_145445.jpg

For spray nozzles I used lawn sprinklers. I've never had a lawn sprinkler and there are lots of different spray nozzles and I'm clueless as to which to use so I grabbed one of the lowest and one of the highest spray patterns available. After a quick test of the two the 15 foot took the win over the 4 foot nozzle. The 4 foot nozzle shoots plum horizontal.:eek:
20201123_145505.jpg

It's close, but close counts!

20201123_145920.jpg

20201123_145754.jpg

I need to weld up the 30 degree curtain and get the actuator motor connected and this one is nearly finished!:yahoo:

Now, moving onto the eye candy, which is really what this is all about, right? Here's an introduction into this crop, which really is our first totally successful grow, so it means a LOT to us.
While I've been busy trying to lighten our physical load, my partner "Happy Santa" (we're gonna change his nickname just not this close to Christmas):bong: has been busy as a bee in flower. The first thing noted a good week or so ago was how fast out 8 week Fast Jack has ripened. We are only about 6 weeks into flower and she is already at 100% cloudy Trics with some amber showing. This may be a 7 week plant....

Anyway, on with the candy. We'll start on row 4 and work our way to row 1.

First up is a test plant. Introducing "Purple Pedal" She is looking promising.

20201123_102620.jpg

Next up is our Purple Urkle. She sure is a beauty just not the best producer.
20201123_102520.jpg
20201123_102520.jpg

20201123_102532.jpg

Next up is our Gotham City Cookies. This is our flagship THC producer.

20201123_102635.jpg

20201123_102643.jpg

20201123_102702.jpg

Next up is our 9 Pound Hammer. This is hands down the one strain that smells like a Christmas tree or a pine cone.

20201123_102823.jpg

20201123_102841.jpg

20201123_102845.jpg

We should be just about out of curing by Christmas. Won't that be a nice Christmas present?:hookah:

I grabbed my bag of gas pipe fitting

I understand the "run what ya brung" mentality (schedule 40 galvanized fittings cost money, lol), but that's going to rust, and probably quickly (especially if it's Chinese crap that might have come pre-rusted from the factory). I don't know that it'll cause any future issues with your plants or anything, but if the rust begins to flake off, might it clog your sprinkler heads?

I understand the "run what ya brung" mentality (schedule 40 galvanized fittings cost money, lol), but that's going to rust, and probably quickly (especially if it's Chinese crap that might have come pre-rusted from the factory). I don't know that it'll cause any future issues with your plants or anything, but if the rust begins to flake off, might it clog your sprinkler heads?
Each sprinkler head has it's own "screen filter".

Now, moving onto the eye candy, which is really what this is all about, right? Here's an introduction into this crop, which really is our first totally successful grow, so it means a LOT to us.
While I've been busy trying to lighten our physical load, my partner "Happy Santa" (we're gonna change his nickname just not this close to Christmas):bong: has been busy as a bee in flower. The first thing noted a good week or so ago was how fast out 8 week Fast Jack has ripened. We are only about 6 weeks into flower and she is already at 100% cloudy Trics with some amber showing. This may be a 7 week plant....

Anyway, on with the candy. We'll start on row 4 and work our way to row 1.

First up is a test plant. Introducing "Purple Pedal" She is looking promising.

20201123_102620.jpg

Next up is our Purple Urkle. She sure is a beauty just not the best producer.
20201123_102520.jpg
20201123_102520.jpg

20201123_102532.jpg

Next up is our Gotham City Cookies. This is our flagship THC producer.

20201123_102635.jpg

20201123_102643.jpg

20201123_102702.jpg

Next up is our 9 Pound Hammer. This is hands down the one strain that smells like a Christmas tree or a pine cone.

20201123_102823.jpg

20201123_102841.jpg

20201123_102845.jpg

We should be just about out of curing by Christmas. Won't that be a nice Christmas present?:hookah:

I’m going to have to ask a dumb question here out of pure curiosity. But has that been chopped yet? Just curious with the math and number of weeks to cure and such being optimal at 6 weeks or so and yadda yadda.

Back
Top Bottom