The Happy Cola Company's Official Ground Up Medical Cannabis Grow Op

With the harvest all but done and in cure we focused our attention back on the veg room.
Time for a good defoliating and pull some clones.
Yes, our girls look like barenaked ladies but there is a method to the madness. In just a few days those water leaves will be back in full force. This process takes place several times in veg and a few times in flower as well. This also allows budsites to form that otherwise would never amount to anything. Done early enough we'll end up with a much more uniform canopy with more available bud sights.
20200614_081400.jpg

Note that yellow lighting. Still using some HPS 1000 watt units turned to half power.
I'm busting my arse feverishly to get the rest of the veg light stands built and mounted. I have 6 to go...
20200614_103410.jpg

We took a full rows worth of 9 Pound Hammer clones and a handful of Fast Jack clones.

Looking great! Question...what's your threshold for defoliation? I.e. do you strip everything below the 3rd node from the top? Only the large leaves and the small ones stay? Etc etc. Still figuring out which method works best for me.
I've attempter several methods from removing all but the top 3 leaf sets and yielded smaller, denser buds up top and I've also tried removing only large leaves and the puny stems below the canopy which yielded lots more buds with less density. I'm fine with either as weight is just another measurement to me since I'm not producing a commodoty/sellable product (most of my harvest goes into edibles for mrs cough and the rest goes in my bong LOL!)

With the harvest all but done and in cure we focused our attention back on the veg room.
Time for a good defoliating and pull some clones.
Yes, our girls look like barenaked ladies but there is a method to the madness. In just a few days those water leaves will be back in full force. This process takes place several times in veg and a few times in flower as well. This also allows budsites to form that otherwise would never amount to anything. Done early enough we'll end up with a much more uniform canopy with more available bud sights.
20200614_081400.jpg

Note that yellow lighting. Still using some HPS 1000 watt units turned to half power.
I'm busting my arse feverishly to get the rest of the veg light stands built and mounted. I have 6 to go...
20200614_103410.jpg

We took a full rows worth of 9 Pound Hammer clones and a handful of Fast Jack clones.
You guys really rape your girls :laughtwo: sure does eliminate all of the useless stuff. Thats something u cant do with every strain, thats why i like clones and moms, its much safer when you know how they react:yummy::thumb: was the fast jack your own cross or do i remembershit?:lot-o-toke:

I keep meaning to ask:

• Do you have in-floor heating?
  • Did you go with the mini-splits so you wouldn't have to run a duct system, for the ability to control the rooms/zones separately, or are they more efficient than traditional large-scale HVAC? (Or some combination of those things?)
  • Do you suppose you'd get more air movement from those wall fans if you added some kind of spacers to get them an additional foot away from the walls?

Looking great! Question...what's your threshold for defoliation? I.e. do you strip everything below the 3rd node from the top? Only the large leaves and the small ones stay? Etc etc. Still figuring out which method works best for me.
I've attempter several methods from removing all but the top 3 leaf sets and yielded smaller, denser buds up top and I've also tried removing only large leaves and the puny stems below the canopy which yielded lots more buds with less density. I'm fine with either as weight is just another measurement to me since I'm not producing a commodoty/sellable product (most of my harvest goes into edibles for mrs cough and the rest goes in my bong LOL!)

This crazy defoliating does two things. First, we are spraying every three days to make damn sure there isn't an insect or an egg in the entire facility.
Also, this gives the lower buds a chance to stretch towards the canopy and allows us to perform some training. Normally I wouldn't rape the girls this much, but we aren't taking any chances.
Flower room 1 is getting sterilized from head to tow.
Any new strains in clone form are not allowed into any grow room without prior decontamination.

I keep meaning to ask:

• Do you have in-floor heating?
  • Did you go with the mini-splits so you wouldn't have to run a duct system, for the ability to control the rooms/zones separately, or are they more efficient than traditional large-scale HVAC? (Or some combination of those things?)
  • Do you suppose you'd get more air movement from those wall fans if you added some kind of spacers to get them an additional foot away from the walls?
No in floor heating. We used the Samsung Inverter mini's first two reasons.
1. True variable speed compressors. Unbeatable efficiency.
2. I own an HVAC company and I'm a Samsung rep. It just makes sense.
On the fans. Truth told we simply need larger fans. These are fans for the most part that came from a few grows we purchased in Colorado. Eventually larger fans will take their place.

Most of this week I spent building lights and light hangers for the Veg ll tables. I need 14 of them, then we can kill that last remaining HPS lights
20200616_161348.jpg

After so much repetition one does tend to streamline the best one can.
These frames hold the Atreum 144.2 boards, three per table
20200618_180019.jpg

I really like these veg tables. The only regrets I have was using the Harbor Freight 2 inch rubber casters. They don't carry their rated weight, especially on the reservoir end, so when the tables make it back to my fab area for welding the required stuff for the light hangers, they all get wheel upgrades on the the reservoir end of the tables.
20200618_175848.jpg

Yesterday we began taking clones, then we get to fill the new improved 4x8 flood tables. The new tops will prevent any light from getting into the flood table preventing algae build up.
20200618_175911.jpg

Today, I took a break from building lights and put together our automated curing system. This has allowed us to burp a good twenty pounds or so of bud without having to be there. We can get right at two pounds per 5 gallon bucket.
20200618_164827.jpg

20200618_175741.jpg

Each bucket has two one way valves-this insures a complete air exchange in the buckets and prevents any leakage between air exchanges. This is gonna be a REAL timesaver!

Today, I took a break from building lights and put together our automated curing system. This has allowed us to burp a good twenty pounds or so of bud without having to be there. We can get right at two pounds per 5 gallon bucket.

I switched to this too. I have a mix of 1, 3.5, and 5 gallon buckets. Much better than burping tons of jars.

You doing anything inside the buckets?

I run my line into a tee, then make a loop that leaves about an inch between the line and outer edge. Tiny holes in the line at 3” intervals for air distribution.

Dunno if it helps, but it isn’t hurting.

I switched to this too. I have a mix of 1, 3.5, and 5 gallon buckets. Much better than burping tons of jars.

I run my line into a tee, then make a loop that leaves about an inch between the line and outer edge. Tiny holes in the line at 3” intervals for air distribution.

This is very interesting, is there any sort of compressor hooked up to force air through or is this a passive system?

Air pump line runs to a distribution manifold, that hooks to the input line for the bucket. Air pump is on a timer set to mimic a typical burping schedule. I won't typically have more than 4 or 5 buckets going at once, and have a remote hygrometer in each. I picked up a hygrometer setup that allows up to 8 sensors, which is plenty for me.

I also dry trim, and when they're dry enough to run through the trimmer, they're already in the cure zone. So really, the burping part for me is already to the weekly stage for the most part. Maybe not 100% there, but close enough that if I need to do a manual cycle it isn't a big deal. Just hit the on button for the timer, let it run for a couple minutes, then turn it off.

The timer used has to be a digital one. It doesn't have to be precise to the second, but to the minute at minimum. Then you can set it to run for a few minutes. You don't want to forced to a 30minute cycle like with a manual timer.

At the bottom of the buckets there is a coil of 1/4" tubing with the end plugged. There are 20 or so small holes drilled into the tubing. The top is a short piece connected to a one way valve to allow air out when exchanging. When the pump goes off the spring in the valve closes.

Buds look so tasty. I was laughing earlier thinking about whe. I first started growing illegally in a closet I wondered what people thought when I bought so many CFL lights and cords. I can only imagine what they would think if I bought all the buckets you have haha. Love the legit setup!

Today is a day of true celebration, and a tribute to all we have have been through, from buying some land, to building a specific purpose driven operation that has taken time, money and lots of bruised knuckles along the way.

I'm pleased to announce we sold our first legally grown pound of medicine. Fast Jack and 2k a pound and didn't bat an eye. Want's discount on quantity...
I realize you cant see me right now, but close your eyes and imagine me doing my Happy Dance because The Happy One is grinning ear to ear.
Way ta go D...

Today is a day of true celebration, and a tribute to all we have have been through, from buying some land, to building a specific purpose driven operation that has taken time, money and lots of bruised knuckles along the way.

I'm pleased to announce we sold our first legally grown pound of medicine. Fast Jack and 2k a pound and didn't bat an eye. Want's discount on quantity...
I realize you cant see me right now, but close your eyes and imagine me doing my Happy Dance because The Happy One is grinning ear to ear.
Way ta go D...

Congratulations!!! I'll do a happy dance with you! :p :laughtwo: :theband:

Back
Top Bottom