The Happy Cola Company's Official Ground Up Medical Cannabis Grow Op

With final flush taking place and gearing up for harvest we still have a lot to do.
For one, the new 4000k Atreum light boards came in so it's time to get them built and installed on our fourteen "12 pack" final veg tables.
A month or so ago Mike at Atreum sent me enough to build two tables. It wasn't until the 2nd light design I became content enough with the design to duplicate it.
Once complete, these lights will cut operational lighting cost in the veg room in half. The electrical savings will finance the cost of replacement lights, and they should last for years.
20200515_145419.jpg

20200515_152105.jpg

I need to build three frames for each table. I used 1/2" angle and 14 gauge 1x1 square tubing. The boards are screwed down to drill and tapped holes in the 1/2" angle. Machine screws secure the boards to the frames
20200515_150321.jpg

When tapping a handful at a time, I find it much easier to simply put the tap in a drill on low speed. Low and slow is the ticket here and takes an otherwise long winded project down to a more reasonable time of completion.
20200515_145650.jpg

20200515_150413.jpg

I use these to secure each light board to the Unistrut light rack. For these all we need is the thin lightweight Unistrut to hold the three lights. I use these to secure each light to the Unistrut frame. This allows the ability to move the boards around for uniform canopy coverage
20200515_161714.jpg

These are the same thing, they just are old school and cost more. Either will do.
20200515_161735.jpg

Each table holds 12 plants in final veg. Three of these 144 boards driven at 48 volts and 185 watts is all that is needed here. Truth told we COULD theoretically flower under these boards.
20200515_181226.jpg

I notice some typical okie decor missing from your operation. If it stays that way, y'all might be alright. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: \m/

You guys like your Mountain Dew eh? Lol I can get behind that! :high-five:
Sometimes you gotta dew what you gotta dew. I used to love a cold can.

Things look great. Keep it up and updates coming please!

you did it man, you made your dream happen. I'm subbed in this is incredible

You guys like your Mountain Dew eh? Lol I can get behind that! :high-five:
He keeps that dugout close too! :blunt: I try looking for a lighter in every photo lol

Hey Happy One, I have question on your setup. Not questioning your practice, just trying to better understand it. :)

So question is, why have veg and flower rooms on different floors? I would have thought that having 2 veg and 2 flower rooms per floor would have worked better and been easier for moving between rooms? Maybe negate the elevator expense, unless there are other reasons for having it? I'm just kind of used to people just moving plants next door to a flowering room, which would seem a whole lot easier than a few at a time up and down?

Either way, I'm enjoying following along and watching how it all comes together! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Happy One, I have question on your setup. Not questioning your practice, just trying to better understand it. :)

So question is, why have veg and flower rooms on different floors? I would have thought that having 2 veg and 2 flower rooms per floor would have worked better and been easier for moving between rooms? Maybe negate the elevator expense, unless there are other reasons for having it? I'm just kind of used to people just moving plants next door to a flowering room, which would seem a whole lot easier than a few at a time up and down?

Either way, I'm enjoying following along and watching how it all comes together! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was wondering the same thing. My (entirely unprofessional) opinion is that is may have something to do with regulating temperature and humidity? Just a wild guess but I'm also interested in the expert's response.

Great question and here is the best answer I can provide.
When we built the building, we went as high as was financially feasible without a complete redesign. After trusses and flooring this left us with 5000 sq ft downstairs and a full 10 ft ceiling. Upstairs it left us right at 8 ft ceiling. In flowering, I really need the 10 ft of ceiling. In veg, mother and clone rooms I can comfortably get by with 8 ft ceilings. This means there is 1000 sq ft of mancave living quarters upstairs with 4000 sq ft for duties like veg, clone cure rooms, drying room, safe room, ect. One done, this will allow four rooms in flower downstairs. Only three is required for a perpetual monthly harvest. We will probably use the current mother/veg room for plant strain research, nutrient research, and lighting research.
The upstairs is another chapter we will highlight as time and money become available.
Hope that answers your question!

Great question and here is the best answer I can provide.

Thanks! That’s as good a reason as any! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m capped at 7’10”, and only working with 6’11”. But, my “dirt level” is a good bit lower than yours too. Bucket height vs bucket on top of table height makes a big difference.

Way back when our project was a conception of the mind we had discussed the need for clean protocols within the growroom environment, which, for the most part we carried out, however we missed an important part of the equation. Sterilization before entering the arena.
Before the next flower cycle, things are changing. Special shoes used ONLY in the growroom area as well as a comfy breathable coverall. In addition we now use a shoe sterilization mat and we sprung for a high cfm commercial air curtain. Anyone entering the hallway leading to the grow room activates a magnetic switch bringing a door width hair dryer across the entire doorway.
Our Oklahoma summers are full of flying critters. This unit stops flying insects from entering this area. Once in the hallway you step in the shoe sterilization mat. These two preventive measures along with cleanroom outerwear should keep us insect free.
Least that's the plan.
20200518_133611.jpg

The Matt is a PVC fibered Matt which sits in a shallow tray. We keep a mixture of 10% bleach in the tray. Anything you might drag in with a shoe gets good sterilization using a cheap and effective solution.
20200518_133559.jpg

Way back when our project was a conception of the mind we had discussed the need for clean protocols within the growroom environment, which, for the most part we carried out, however we missed an important part of the equation. Sterilization before entering the arena.
Before the next flower cycle, things are changing. Special shoes used ONLY in the growroom area as well as a comfy breathable coverall. In addition we now use a shoe sterilization mat and we sprung for a high cfm commercial air curtain. Anyone entering the hallway leading to the grow room activates a magnetic switch bringing a door width hair dryer across the entire doorway.
Our Oklahoma summers are full of flying critters. This unit stops flying insects from entering this area. Once in the hallway you step in the shoe sterilization mat. These two preventive measures along with cleanroom outerwear should keep us insect free.
Least that's the plan.
20200518_133611.jpg

The Matt is a PVC fibered Matt which sits in a shallow tray. We keep a mixture of 10% bleach in the tray. Anything you might drag in with a shoe gets good sterilization using a cheap and effective solution.
20200518_133559.jpg
That should keep things clean! How was the first rollover crop? Was there columbian gold and..?

That should keep things clean! How was the first rollover crop? Was there columbian gold and..?
We are still working on harvesting our original Happy Jack. I have 5 more plants to go, then we have two more strains of Jack Herer to go. We also have Columbian Gold, Velvet Bud, Gotham City, Happy Purps (my personal favorite) then Lemon Kush Headband. I'm guessing its gonna take a few weeks to process.
Here is a picture of our Columbian Gold. I'm looking forward to tasting this distant memory!
20200515_125444.jpg

This one is a shout out especially for RedZedHead....
Breakfast, lunch and dinner bro!
And the best part? I've been off painkillers for years to my family doctor's dismay.
20200518_120214.jpg
Haha! what does that lighter say? I put this thread in my signature definitely one of the best grow journals IMO.:love:

Back
Top Bottom