The Hash Club

Yum! I bet it was great!

It was delicious :)

I picked up 2 grams from a club in Madrid last spring. 1 was from Jack Herer & was so strong I had to treat it with considerable caution. The other was from Mexican/Thai hybrid & it was so racy that smoking it was like having 5 cups of Spanish cafe. Both quite good enough for me, though maybe not quite as good as the Moroccan I'd had on prior trips.

Never had bad hash in any of my 4 trips to the Iberian Peninsula. Nice to see the clubs taking hold, even if they're a little spendier (with registration) than the street.
Must be nice - hash !!!!!!!!

Just to keep this thread going.
I tried making some black hash. I first made some hash oil from trim and buds and used most if it in edibles. I was left with around a half gram of sticky black tar and started adding some keef and kneading it in. I've got it up to 3.5 grams now and it's still soft and sticky when warm. I collected the keef from my grinder over the past 6 months, it's got White Widow, Blueberry, Amnesia Haze, Kush, Jack Herrer and some other random weed in there.

I haven't tried it yet and I'm wondering if this hash would get better with age. What ya think ?

It certainly looks, feels and smells better than the crap hash that's been going around for the past decade

Peace

I won't be doing any more hash reviews from now since I stopped smoking a while back and only vape now, so I never buy hash anymore :)
I occasionally make some bubble hash and sometimes put some of the best grade in the vape along with some weed.

I see a rosin project in the future ;)
Good for you...but I'll miss the reviews & yr photos...

Single-strain, full melt ice water hashish. Curing in cedar humidor after being micro-planed, dried, re-rolled. Started in July, just now getting reallyfuckinggood

420-magazine-mobile1888901862.jpg
Those are some beautiful pieces of hashish that I have seen since my trip to the Parvati Valley last Year. If you would break one open I swear that I would smell the bouquet over the internet.

RD

I love hash, as a kid in Montreal during the late 60s early 70s,my favorite was Red Leb.......
But eventually only a dense Black hash was available which gave a lot of us an uncomfortable stone and I stopped smoking until 2008 after moving to France........Now I make my own : shake and bubble
I use the same black 120 bag for both. The shake 99% of the time has a green tint to it ...GREAT SMELL....soft, sticky and strong but green tint.The bubble I do is never green and always a dark blonde,which I love but BUT there is NO SMELL..........
The secret might be 'beating' the herb rather than using an electric mixer. I have watched a few videos of hash making in Morocco and they lay the herbs over a screen , cover with plastic and then beat it with a stick. Perhaps this is less damaging to the leaf material not breaking it up too much which would keep it out of the collected trichomes ? Any other ideas out there? Anyone else making hash?

Great Question!!!!

RD

Found some hash at the magic christmas market ;)

A pale blonde and some shady dark brown stuff that's way too to soft for my liking, something is most likely added to make it like this - I hate that. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to check out a lot of different stuff so I just went with these two.
Fecking pigs are using drones to single out buyers now, gotta keep them eyes open...

I bought 25g of each @ USD 6,30 / EUR 5,35 per gram.

DSC021667.JPG

DSC02169ddddd.jpg
DSC02170gggggg.jpg

The blonde after a little massage, shows how hand warming/pressing changes the appearance and density ;)

DSC021787.JPG
DSC021878.jpg

:passitleft:

Where do You live to get hashish packaged like that? I have never seen that untill Your posts.

RD

It's mainly packed in the producing countries and usually in 50-200g rectangular discs.

When Indian/Nepali hash was still available there were ''fingers'' and temple balls rolled in generic cellophane.

You're about 15 years too late anyway, it's not what it once was...

Okay guys so... My latest foray into hash making. I was bound and determined to make that "gentle" motion happen for about 8 minutes.. I stirred just about with as little force as I need to push the ice around. The 2nd run, I threw the drill on full-blast and stirred the loveliness out of it for 5 minutes.

At the end of this, I really could not discern between the 1st and 2nd runs of the different grades. I took pictures, but forgot to mark which were which, but honesty I just ended up mixing a lot of the 1st and 2nd runs together since they looked basically the same to my eye. The camera reveals a little more, but that might just be lighting differences.

Now this is about the 4th or 5th time I've done this, and I feel like I have gotten much more yields with more passes, with faster/longer agitation. I've all but given up on the "gentle" approach, and next time I think I'm going to do an initial 5-minute run, and then a second-run with much longer time. I hate to contradict people, but I just don't believe in the "gentle" idea anymore.

I wonder how much the multiple-runs eliciting more yield has to do with more agitation, and how much of it has to do with the fact that there are more trichomes being allowed to free-fall to the bottom of the bags on each run. Basically what if the first run of agitation breaks all the trichomes off, but a high percentage of them never actually reach the screens because they don't free-fall through the ice/water/plant mix. Then ever time it's remixed, it's basically just churning the trichomes that were stuck in that ice/water/plant mixture allowing them to free-fall.

It makes me wonder if anyone has ever used running water to have a continuous drain/flow through the mix material, and just sifted through the stream with the bags. So for example how they have those little washing machines you throw the 220 bag into, and then drain out to your bubble bags... What if you just never turned the washing machine off, and had water flowing out to your bags, and instead of collecting in a bucket, it was just going straight out to the drain. Then imagine that setup to run for an hour or so. It would be like doing dozens runs with buckets in one long operation without having to change water or continually remove and collect from the screens between runs.

Meanwhile, I don't remember which grades (I got good ones of all but the 25) these were, but I got these pretty-good closeups.

Hi everyone. I love to make bubble hash, only just found this thread. Some wonderful looking hash. Thought I’d share pics of my run I did in January. It’s the yield from the trim of 6 RSQ Fruit Spirit. I used a travel washing machine for two loads washed twice. 10 mins each wash. Next run should be in 10 weeks. I’ve got 2 Tangie, 1Blue Mistic and 3 more of my Fruit Spirit cut.

Made my first batch of Bubble Hash tonight. Used a 5 bag set of all mesh bags. Wont be doing a second run as my starting material was partially dry sifted and also included a lot of dry leaf and stem.

I have a small (stunted, lots of problems) Sensi Northern Lights on the chopping block in a couple of weeks, going to chop her up, freeze, and do another run at that time... minus the large fans.

I have some experience with dry sift, rosin making, edibles, tinctures, and also a couple of hydrocarbon extractions... but I have always loved Bubble hash.

Dont find much in the recreational market up here in eastern Washington. Usually just 1 or 2 choices of cultivar at $20/gram, and I know by the flavor it is made with trim. I usually opt for some super high grade kief at $15/gram, it is mixed strain but behaves CLOSE to that of full melt.

Very excited to get caught up the rest of the way with this thread. Made it to page 8 this evening...

A couple questions for the experts on making bubble hash:

First, I use a microplane to plane the wet chunks from the bubble bags into a powder-ish material for quick and thorough drying. After drying, should this then be pressed somehow back into a solid mass?

Next, a grading question. I have a six-months old batch in jars separated by micron size. Now I have a new batch but I'm out of jars. What would be better - combine the old 73 micron with the new 73? or combine the new 73 with the new 25? I don't find much difference in the 73 and 25 so I'm leaning towards combining the new 73 with the new 25.

A couple questions for the experts on making bubble hash:

First, I use a microplane to plane the wet chunks from the bubble bags into a powder-ish material for quick and thorough drying. After drying, should this then be pressed somehow back into a solid mass?

Next, a grading question. I have a six-months old batch in jars separated by micron size. Now I have a new batch but I'm out of jars. What would be better - combine the old 73 micron with the new 73? or combine the new 73 with the new 25? I don't find much difference in the 73 and 25 so I'm leaning towards combining the new 73 with the new 25.
I like to keep my sieved now. I prefer the granulated form versus solid slabs. I pressed into coins and it was really hard to break pieces off. Things flew across the room, bummed me out. The big chunks also don't burn very well, so you'll be forced to slow toke off a smoldering lump of hash. I like how quickly it smokes when granulated, and also how easy it is to measure some out.

I think that I would keep the new 73 and the old 73 separate just because you've got that long cure on the old stuff. Not to mention 6 months is a long time, so you might have some degradation on there. Either way I think mixing the old with the new is going to be the most likely to be mixing like with unlike. Since it sounds like you don't notice a discernible difference between the 73 and 25, I'd say combine those. The only caveat there is that down the line, the differences might sharpen as it cures, so if you mix them together, you won't really ever know what hey could have been. But on the other hand, the 73 and 25 mix will probably be pretty good anyway.

I like to keep my sieved now. I prefer the granulated form versus solid slabs. I pressed into coins and it was really hard to break pieces off. Things flew across the room, bummed me out. The big chunks also don't burn very well, so you'll be forced to slow toke off a smoldering lump of hash. I like how quickly it smokes when granulated, and also how easy it is to measure some out.

I think that I would keep the new 73 and the old 73 separate just because you've got that long cure on the old stuff. Not to mention 6 months is a long time, so you might have some degradation on there. Either way I think mixing the old with the new is going to be the most likely to be mixing like with unlike. Since it sounds like you don't notice a discernible difference between the 73 and 25, I'd say combine those. The only caveat there is that down the line, the differences might sharpen as it cures, so if you mix them together, you won't really ever know what hey could have been. But on the other hand, the 73 and 25 mix will probably be pretty good anyway.
when it gets hard packed like that you can heat you your tool to help it cut, or lightly warm in on a warm surface like a stove after you've used the oven

Back
Top Bottom