The Hemp Farming Act of 2018 has passed congress!

Big Sur

The US House and Senate have now both passed the Hemp Bill of 2018 and it now awaits signing by Trump to become law. The Hemp Farming Act of 2018 will remove hemp (defined as cannabis with less than 0.3% THC) from the Schedule 1 controlled substances list and make it an ordinary agricultural commodity. Trump is expected to sign the bill into law.

One giant step for Cannabis...

That's awesome! Even if it does nothing directly for the legalization of strains of cannabis that contain higher than .3% THC, it will be a boon to farmers in this country. And, perhaps, to other industries such as textiles and such. We as a nation import a significant amount of hemp and hemp-based products, yet we have been prohibited from growing it.

I never understood the real reasoning for such a prohibition in the first place. But then again, I never envisioned myself stumbling upon a vast field of tall, branchless, closely-spaced, male plants and thought, "Nice, someone is going to get high from that."

Not all CBD oils have CBD in them, however. Many on the shelves here have zero CBD in them. They are just hemp oil. Gott'a read the labels.

For some weird reasons, since mj went legal here in Oregon, CBD oil has all but disappeared from dispensaries. Even bottles that say CBD oil havd no CBD in them. Which amused several store owners. So I get my CBD from Colorado in the form of pure CBD crystals, tested and listed as 100% pure CBD on the label. I dissolve it in pure hemp oil to make my own CBD oil. I also add it to my coconut oil and shae butter skin cream infused with extracted hash oil. Colorado seems to be the best place to get pure CBD.

For some weird reasons, since mj went legal here in Oregon, CBD oil has all but disappeared from dispensaries. Even bottles that say CBD oil havd no CBD in them. Which amused several store owners. So I get my CBD from Colorado in the form of pure CBD crystals, tested and listed as 100% pure CBD on the label. I dissolve it in pure hemp oil to make my own CBD oil. I also add it to my coconut oil and shae butter skin cream infused with extracted hash oil. Colorado seems to be the best place to get pure CBD.
\Thanks ! never thought of making my own

Now we can finally stop clear cutting virgin forest and wiping our a$$es with it and flushing it down the toilet...(Seriously Costco and Sams Club bread and butter is 100% non recycled, non HEMP toilet paper and Canada is clearing forests 24/7 to satisfy their purchases)

I was once told that a corncob still works just like it did 200 years ago. I should probably point out that they soaked the things in water first, lol. A dry corncob might make a better substitute for a brillo pad than it would for toilet paper :rofl:.

I'm happy that this thing passed. But now I'm wondering how many years it'll be before our various governments and various government agencies actually start treating it as "just another farm crop." There are still some pretty burdensome requirements for the farmer who wishes to grow hemp strains of cannabis, including (oft times multiple) yearly inspections. And some state governments are so... distrustful of their very own employees that simply having one inspector come out to check your crop, they have to send TWO at a time. Which the farmer has to pay for, of course (along with the time/mileage the trip to/from the central location (state capital)).

It's like everything else these days, punish the innocent by automatically assuming that they're guilty (or "guilty," whichever applies) and drop the burden of proof squarely on their shoulders, because that's easier than actually going after the guilty (which is their job, not punishing the innocent). Only in the case of anything having anything to do with cannabis, all the more so.

I suppose they have to have some way of finding the money for some of those ridiculous farm subsidy things.

I was once told that a corncob still works just like it did 200 years ago. I should probably point out that they soaked the things in water first, lol. A dry corncob might make a better substitute for a brillo pad than it would for toilet paper :rofl:.

I'm happy that this thing passed. But now I'm wondering how many years it'll be before our various governments and various government agencies actually start treating it as "just another farm crop." There are still some pretty burdensome requirements for the farmer who wishes to grow hemp strains of cannabis, including (oft times multiple) yearly inspections. And some state governments are so... distrustful of their very own employees that simply having one inspector come out to check your crop, they have to send TWO at a time. Which the farmer has to pay for, of course (along with the time/mileage the trip to/from the central location (state capital)).

It's like everything else these days, punish the innocent by automatically assuming that they're guilty (or "guilty," whichever applies) and drop the burden of proof squarely on their shoulders, because that's easier than actually going after the guilty (which is their job, not punishing the innocent). Only in the case of anything having anything to do with cannabis, all the more so.

I suppose they have to have some way of finding the money for some of those ridiculous farm subsidy things.

Wow. Simply mind boggling.

IT'S HEMP lol What are they afraid of? There might be some White Widow or something sprinkled in? More likely they want to make it as difficult as possible so that the big industries can squeeze every little dime out of whatever destructive and polluting methods they're using now, until HEMP eventually takes over and saves the world

But in regards to the corn cob, I actually always thought it was used dry lol soaked with water makes much better sense! Really tho, a healthy poo needs no wiping, just a quick dab to check haha

Back
Top Bottom