The Hexapus's Garden

I did remember them, and I was hoping to find them in one of the Malawi pots. Just wasn't sure at all if that's where they even were, since they just went poof and disappeared at the time, in a puff of pot smoke. Since that time I've lost another three pairs of scissors, and I'm sure I didn't bury those ones... I'm developing a theory that at certain times of year they migrate away to mate, and then return to spawn in secretive parts of the house. This accounts for why they all disappear at times, and then suddenly- I will find a whole colony of them nesting in a drawer that I already looked in.
JoJo suggested using a magnet and running it along the outside of the pot to see if I could find them. I didn't try it - because even if I found them- then what? Dig up the plant?

~Simple ice hash method~

This is something I mentioned in Lexort's journal a while back. I thought that almost everyone knew of this method, but apparently not. I used to use it to make hash out of crappy street weed, because I like hash much better than street weed.
It's a very simple way to make hash with no special equipment. A good thing for someone who doesn't have bubble bags or the right solvents, but has some trim, or crappy bud they want to make into something better. All you need besides the cannabis is- ice, a jar with a lid, and maybe some cloth like a t-shirt to strain through. I suppose you need a siphon hose too- though I'm sure there are ways to improvise without.
It's using the same method as for bubble hash, but without the fine mesh straining. Bud and sugarleaf is mixed with cold water and ice, then mixed for a few minutes. Trichomes are brittle when cold, and break off from the agitation and contact with the ice. An important principal is that the trichomes sink.

image36420.jpg
- This is using the dried trimmings from the Malawi I harvested a few weeks ago. It hardly amounts to anything. Like the Mama Thai, Malawi doesn't really have sugar leaf. The skinny little leaves sticking out of the sativa buds are pretty much ordinary non-sticky leaves. So there's not much sugar in this pile. I'll be happy to get a couple tokes out of it. I'm doing this partly just for the hash demonstration, and just to use up this Malawi trim. Even if I only get a couple tokes I know it will be good.

image36421.jpg
I put the ice and trim in the jar along with a cup or two of cold water. I shake the jar for a few minutes.
Strain it through the t-shirt cloth into the bowl
Let it sit overnight.
If I was using more resinous trim or bud, and more of it, instead of a minuscule bit of sativa trim, I would probably see a bunch of trichomes settled to the bottom after a couple hours. Then, being impatient, I would siphon off most of the liquid to another bowl to settle overnight, and process the settled part to smoke ASAP.

image36422.jpg
This is after settling overnight. I have siphoned off most of the liquid to make the sediment more visible.
This is about as much as I can get with my 1/4" wine racking siphon hose, without stirring things up too much.

image36423.jpg
I carefully sucked up most of the rest of the liquid with a straw. I suppose I could have drank it. Didn't though, just spit it out elsewhere. Wasn't thirsty I guess. Then I put the bowl in a warm spot for a while.

image36424.jpg
Returned to find this minuscule amount of hash in the bowl. Scraped it out...

image36425.jpg
Ta-da! Yeah I know... Wow, it's huge. Weighed in at just under .25 grams. More than I was expecting though.

I finished the process and took the last couple photos last night while I was trimming Malawi #2. I smoked a little ASAP and it was -awesome! Almost completely derailed the trimming process but somehow I made it through. :lot-o-toke:

Awesome to see you wander in, Roach. And a journal going too. Nice! We are back on track here :high-five:

I'm just about to pop into my room to check my saucers and paper towels to see how my...Lemon Skunk seeds are doing!
I hope to see those lemon skunks someday Kriaze. If you don't get a journal going eventually then you can put some pics up here and we can compare. I was just starting out indoor growing when I grew it before and have little memory of what it was like. Well, I'm still just starting out...

Ha ha. I can't remember what it was like.
When I get back there I'll take a closer look at the solo cup ones and see how they look. As usual I've just been zipping around- I was. waiting till flowering really started to take a second look at them. Didn't expect them to live this long really, since I just scrapped together the Hexapus and then pretty much ran off again.

I hope they taste lemony enough.
The other day I made some fish hydrolysate and was thinking that maybe you had access to fish scraps.

I'll be sure to grab a few pictures once they've grown mate, my little girl has been planted after showing her taproot but she's taking awhile to wake up and shake her shell off. Soon though hopefully. I'd also like to show you a pic of the last Incredible Bulk grown in my own soil (which I also successfully managed to clone at the first attempt, or second not too sure on that as one took and one didn't, but most importantly one did!). Apart from one mishap where she needed CalMag and I refused to feed it (I wanted to test a full water only grow) she is amazing, seriously makes me happy :) I think if under HID instead of LED with a lesser need for CalMag the soil would work great, but either way I crumbled and fed her some and apart from the yellow leaves she is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, damn one day I might crack this growing malarkey lol.

Great to see that you finally found your shears! It seems like you were right about them being planted in one of those pots, really made me laugh seeing those, dopey on dope :rofl:
Congrats on your harvest too, but most of all I'd like to thank you for showing us that method of making hash. Great demonstration of how to do it there +reps to you.

Hope you are all well here, it's now the weekend official here so it's time for me to go and lose my sobriety. All the best :thumb:

P.S If I'm back on later stumbling around and rambling on don't hate me, I smoked one for you all too :passitleft:

I did remember them, and I was hoping to find them in one of the Malawi pots. Just wasn't sure at all if that's where they even were, since they just went poof and disappeared at the time, in a puff of pot smoke. Since that time I've lost another three pairs of scissors, and I'm sure I didn't bury those ones... I'm developing a theory that at certain times of year they migrate away to mate, and then return to spawn in secretive parts of the house. This accounts for why they all disappear at times, and then suddenly- I will find a whole colony of them nesting in a drawer that I already looked in.
JoJo suggested using a magnet and running it along the outside of the pot to see if I could find them. I didn't try it - because even if I found them- then what? Dig up the plant?

I've got a theory.. Your obviously growing them....

I don't know if anyone remembers that post, but today… the joyous moment arrived! I emptied out the container from the Malawi I harvested last night and - there they are. I had just managed to scrape the money together to order two more pairs a couple days ago. I'm going to be well equipped for a trimming party now.

image36414.jpg

:rofl:

Man, that is so something that I am expecting to happen to me one day, but with car keys, sunglasses, whatever..
I love it.

heya weaseley,, i must so agree with the comments regarding your ice hash techniques,, great stuff indeed,,, best way yet to do it so easy,,

i tried it,, well, me and the boys did, dutty and dutty too were in there like dirty shirts , as expected,,

P1160614.JPG

the missus loved it too,, that is from the first strain,, as you stated,, one might get a bit impatient and take the early stuff , early, as i did,, this batch near perfect golden colour,, yaay, :cheer:

thanks agin mate,, cheers..:Namaste:

heya agin weaselhead,, ha, just thot that,, that is a awesome park in calgary,, ha

anyway,, here is the new growth in the veg room,, thanks to you,, cheers,,

P1160616.JPG

just so happy with the look of these plants,, just what i was hoping for,, long skinny leaves,, very different than other plants i have grown,,

P1160617.JPG

in small pots till sexed,, not sure if the p. chunk crosses are regs or fems,, the two mama thai regs i am perty sure are regs, just a hunch i guess,, ha

P1160618.JPG

i also popped two of those honkin coconuts in water,, they are in dirt now,, i am an expectant father, pacing the nursery,, will keep you posted,,

i am not sure how these plants appreciate my training and torture, but i have no choice to keep them low, so, they have no choice either,,

cheers weaselhead,, :high-five:

~Simple ice hash method~

This is something I mentioned in Lexort's journal a while back. I thought that almost everyone knew of this method, but apparently not. I used to use it to make hash out of crappy street weed, because I like hash much better than street weed.
It's a very simple way to make hash with no special equipment. A good thing for someone who doesn't have bubble bags or the right solvents, but has some trim, or crappy bud they want to make into something better. All you need besides the cannabis is- ice, a jar with a lid, and maybe some cloth like a t-shirt to strain through. I suppose you need a siphon hose too- though I'm sure there are ways to improvise without.
It's using the same method as for bubble hash, but without the fine mesh straining. Bud and sugarleaf is mixed with cold water and ice, then mixed for a few minutes. Trichomes are brittle when cold, and break off from the agitation and contact with the ice. An important principal is that the trichomes sink.

I think you've managed to motivate me use my trimmings for hash. I've done it many different ways over the years... including ice... but I'm just horribly lazy. I haven't done ice in about 10yrs... I think it's time for me to stop burning my trimmings in the fire pit.

that didn't take long. love a good phone call. "thank you for calling so and so doing this and that. how may i direct your call?"

customer - "well it all started 7 years ago and *insert five minutes of story line here*

me - oh that sounds like a real hexapus. let me get you over to our service department :rofl:

Vaguely obscene, haha, that is a fine combo of words,, cheers for it,, :high-five:

Weaseley,, no sooner did I finish my last post here, when I went back out to me labooratoory, the first coconut ma Thai stik cross was above ground,, magnificent indeed,, the other above this morning,, double magnificent,, :cheer:

I be very excited,, cheers

Those look great Nivek. Plants tend to take after their mom. The female is generally listed first in the X/X name. I feed the sativas at about 3/4 amount as the indica types.
Tead- the main work involved is mixing and stirring as you know. Sometimes I hook up a 'whirly thing' (an aluminum shaft with a couple chunks of wood screwed together on the tip to make a little X shape) on the end of an electric drill and clamp it in place in the bucket with the throttle on for 5 or ten minutes.
Thanks electro G :rofl:

the main work involved is mixing and stirring as you know. Sometimes I hook up a 'whirly thing' (an aluminum shaft with a couple chunks of wood screwed together on the tip to make a little X shape) on the end of an electric drill and clamp it in place in the bucket with the throttle on for 5 or ten minutes.

AHA! I have a plastic paint mixer that I clean really well after every use, so it's immaculate. So using your idea... thanks!

Back
Top Bottom