The Hexapus's Garden

Thanks Bird, and many congrats on your new title. :thumb: (I didn't see it till now cause I had my head up my ass. Vision and hearing was heavily obscured.)

I'll post a few pics of the goings-on.

~Veg~

As it looked when I got home from the holidays. The veg light was turned down to 300. Note how close the plants got before burning. Basically they have to nearly touch the bulb.

IMG_650010.JPG

IMG_65057.JPG

IMG_65018.JPG

As it looks now - minus the plant in the foreground (Panama) which I just dragged in there in the hopes of getting a better photo. Sprouted nine or ten seeds in the last couple days, mostly to refuel the hexapus.

IMG_651213.JPG

~Mama Thai~

It's sort of confusing to me that no one else seems to grow this strain. Doesn't anyone like Thai weed anymore...? Anyway, I like it. It's a great smoke and a beautiful plant to grow.

IMG_650712.JPG

IMG_651010.JPG

IMG_650810.JPG

IMG_650910.JPG

IMG_651111.JPG

IMG_651814.JPG

~ Critical Cheese~

Harvested this one last night. At 78 days flowering, earlier than I usually harvest anything- but I needed to clear space. This is the one that went halfway through flowering before it started gettting too floppy and I stuck a screen on it.
Chopped just in the early part of the harvest window for this strain, IMO. It didn't have time to take on much purple yet, but I'm happy to see that it was starting, so the bright purple that I got on the last round wasn't just a one-off fluke of some sort.

IMG_64569.JPG

IMG_65067.JPG

~Panama~

Still early days as far as having much to report on this strain. A couple things though. For one- it seems (so far) to be one of those genetically superior plants like the Critical Cheese - which shines in the grow room under its own light. Another thing- I threw a few cuttings of it the cloner not long before I left for the holidays. I only had about ten days, which isn't usually enough for me to root clones- but thought - wtf.. They rooted in 7 days which is almost unheard of for my grow.
It's starting to smell stronger now- a kind of lemon meringue pie smell, combined maybe with the smell of one of those smelly felt markers we used to get when I was a kid- the yellow colored one, obviously. If the Malawi smells like artificial grape, this one smells like artificial lemon. I'm looking forward to this one.

IMG_652612.JPG

IMG_65757.JPG

IMG_657612.JPG

IMG_65779.JPG

~ Colloidal silver breeding victims ~

IMG_657411.JPG

These two have been in the attic space under a cfl for three weeks. Weather has been very unusually cold this winter and it seems to hover around 55 degrees in there, so progress has been slow. But I think the unsprayed/female one has been pollinated enough- so I put it back in the flowering room tonight.
I'm feeling bad for my animal friends this winter. I've been feeding hay to the yard deer to keep them from starving to death. There's some sort of creature right now running around on the roof trying to get in. Hopefully it doesn't do that all night...

~ Flowering room ~

This is how it looks as of an hour ago. I went in to feed the plants tonight and the light on the left side was out again. I opened it up to investigate. Plugged in and there was a bit of a spark and crackle, which was enough to get me online to order a replacement. Not a bad time for this to happen since I don't have a full house and managed to crowd everything over to the right side.

IMG_65786.JPG

EDIT- I forgot to update re the hexapus. As I expected, most of the hex plants were dying when I got back from the holidays. I pulled most of them and left the two best ones- Violetta and Lemon Venom. You can sort of see them on the left. Punching holes in the bottom and turning them from hempies into regular perlite pots seems to have done the trick. Next hex run is in coco.

That's about it from here. As I mentioned, I also harvested a couple Pineapple Chunks last week. I'm not including any photos of those though because they weren't particularly interesting. I'm going to try to create some fem seed of that strain as soon as I can and probably discontinue growing it as soon as I possibly can because it's such a pain in the ass to grow. I'm hoping the combo of the Critical Cheese and Chocolate Mint will be good enough to make the patients stop asking me for it.

I'm going to shut this journal down.

Why? Asks the clamouring horde of followers...

Just because it seems like a good time. A new year, a bit of a lull in the action, and a sort of fresh view on things now that my head is once again out of my ass (I'm sure it's temporary not to worry).

Just to clear up any possible misunderstandings- I'm not shutting it down because of the unusually severe case of head-in-ass syndrome which I was suffering from recently.

Much to the contrary. It just seems like a positive time to do this. I will be starting a new journal soon enough. For a while I was stuck on what to do for a new journal, but I've decided I'm ok to just do more of the same - with a few new strains including the Chocolate Mint, Panama, and CBD Therapy.

The journal is getting close to 100 pages. It's been through many ups and downs and strange tangents. Thank you so much to all the people who have followed this weird-ass journal and put up with its fairly frequent psychotic lapses.

Much love to all my 420 friends and all that mushy stuff.

Special thanks to Rob and his crew for putting up with me.

Will be around on the forum catching up with loose ends and whatnot.

First I have to deal with this animal on my roof.

Anyone have any wolverine repellant?

Doesn't matter where your head were..:rofl: I am glad it is back where it is supposed to be :)

Lovely harvest :) Good job :hug:

flower room is PACKED!! :goodjob:

Thanks Birdy.
Ordered a new light tonight so hopefully they'll manage the next few weeks under the single 600. That'll give the veg room time to catch up again and I should be able to have a full house by the time the new light arrives.

Plants looking great weasel.. reps on journal harvest :rofl: looking forward to the next instalment.. :passitleft:

:rofl:
It just occurred to me that this is exactly how my other journal ended.
And here I thought I was making progress.

Damn.

Middle of the night with some sort of animal chewing on the roof...

I'm gonna get you, you dirty weasel!!!

Thanks Weasel! I'm looking forward to your new journal. I'm really looking forward to the Panama finish. It's on the top of momma list. Loves the Malawi too, but,really loves the Panama.

I wanted to say "thanks" publicly. I find your photos fantastic, your contribution to my garden staggering, and your methodology inspiring. Most of all, you're funny as hell and contain the fine human trait of humility. That is often lost here in a "who's balls are bigger" game. Stay green. More importantly, stay humble. Peace Weasel!

cheers friend,, you know where to find me:byebye:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I see your room got swept clean. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How funny that the squirrel returned. :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you for a delightful romp through your brilliant brain. I'll be watching for an invitation to the next installment. You caught me with the lemon meringue pie reference. It's such a favorite of mine a friend baked one as a wedding gift to Dale and I. I may have to try that one. You've made the Mama Thai inticing too. When I get through my exploration of Carnival and DDA I'll give it a try. I'd like to learn how to grow luscious plants consistently. That's not as easy as some of the guys make it look. :laughtwo:

Good to have you back Weaselcracker. That niggling little pain in the corner of my heart when I thought of you stopped bothering me.

Music arrived. I cried tears of joy. Such a softie. :battingeyelashes:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom