The Hog - Soil - 400W MH

ToiletMint

Hello all! This is my 3rd grow, and it seems to be my best yet. I wanted to grow some of the HOG under a MH to see what a high resin producing plant will do with a MH. I will be adding a UVB light later on to see how the plant will respond.

What strain is it? The Hog
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Flower stage... For how long? 1 Week
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil (home made mix)
If soil... What size pot? ~ 2 gal
Size of light? 400w MH
Is it aircooled? NO
Temp of Room/cab? ~80 deg F.
RH of Room/cab? ~70%
PH of media or res? ~6.6
Any Pests ? Spiders
How often are you watering? Everyday
Type and strength of ferts used? FF tiger bloom, FF Beastie Bloomz, Scotts bonemeal 6-12-0

hog.jpg

The weather has turned fast! The temps have force me to bring in the 2 other HOG plants.

The room is running a bit hot but the plants dont seem to mind. They sure are thirsty! I give them all about 300ml - 400ml a day.

I have now moved over to 2tsp Tiger Bloom, and 1/4tsp Beastie Bloomz and a bit up PH up to ~ 6.5. The plants show no signs of shock or over fert. I might move up to 1/2tsp Beastie bloomz.

I also moved the mother plant into a larger pot with FF OF soil. I have the other 2 still in ~1.5 gal pots with my custom mix, which has excellent drainage.

hog_flower1.jpg

hog_flower3.jpg

hog_flower2.jpg

Today I awoke to Thrips.

I removed all plants and used bleach and warm water to clean the room down.

To treat the plants I used Schultz Garden Safe Insect Killer. Which as a primary ingredient of Pyrethrin.

I also sprayed the soil to attempt at killing them. I have never ran into Thrips before, just spider mites which came from junk Wal-Mart plants.

The plants are starting to mature, pic to come after the plants dry off, and im sure the Thrips are dead.

60x Photo of a thrip

thrip1.jpg

Shultz garden spray did nothing to the thrips.

I called around a bit to the local green houses and I found a shop that carries Capt. Jack dead bug brand that use's Sinosad. I also found out that they now sell FF products and some hydro gear.

This is HUGE! I previously had to drive 2.5hrs round trip to get my supplies, now its a 12 min drive.

Ok, I did a 2nd application last night and I checked the girls this morning with my scope and the thrips are dead!

The thrips are dead! :cheer:

The Hog is getting frosty!

hog_5.jpg

No feeding today just some plain water ~ 6.5ph.

I am thinking about putting in my Culligan RO system to experiment with. We have a 15foot sand point here that works great! (we live along a river) ~ 7.5ph. No rust or lime ect...just clear water.

I am attempting to bring back the 4th hog plant that was outside. I had to pull her due to its inablity to flower on time. The nights are only getting colder and the plant is ~3 weeks behind. I did alot of root damage while digging her up. I used some Ferta-lome Root stimulator 4-10-5 to reduce shock.

My other plants outside are on the 4th day of flush and the weather has turned around for the best! They love the conditions and are getting a last boost of growth before I chop them.

I would have started a grow journal on them but due to the unknown strain it a lost cause.

The sun has been out in full force and I am taking full advantage! Nothing better than a bit of UV and fall sun!

hog_frost.jpg

2 out of the 3 plants are done. I cleaned them to the best of my ability. Alot of clippings to make hash out of. Now I just need a silk screen. Pics to come of the bud's soon.

More news in the ag world.

The third and largest of the 3 is taking nicely to its home being all alone. Third check on trichs show two thirds clear to cloudy. Thus letting me do one last feeding of Fox Farms BB 0-50-30 and Tiger Bloom (3tsp TB and 1/2 tsp BB).

This plant was outside with some HST. Not that it matters much "The Hog" is low in stature.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom