The Holy Man

OldMedMan

Jimmy Max Parker 11/2/41 - 02/19/17
Over 30 years ago I was in a Greek prison for short while, thank God for that. It was just like the prisons in old 30s movies. The Big House! It had seven big wings. They put me in the wing with all the worst Greek guys, You know, murderers, child molesters, and such, and all the foreigners. Well most of the foreigners were in for hash or weed and I learned allot during my short stay.

On to the point. One day they threw this guy in with us. First thing he did was check every cell for leftover food and ate anything he could find. Then he found a cot and went straight to sleep. Left us to talk about what could have happened to him.

Next morning we heard the story. He was an English Holy man. Without a penny to his name he had walked to the Holy Land, had stayed a while and now he was walking back to England.

He had been told to go to a certain church in Athens, for food and shelter so he asked for directions, he did not speak Greek. The guy he asked told him it was on the other side of the city. Athens is a really big city. Off he walked. He could not find the church so asked for more directions. Oh! No! He was told, it was on the side of Athens he had just left. So back he went. This time was the same thing expect it was in the northern part of the city and on and on. 2 days of walking, no food, no money. He stole a truck, didn't know how to drive, went about 100 feet and hit a car. Welcome to Greece.

He was one of the nicest people I had ever met. A true Holy Man. He was an artist too. I still have picture he drew of me.

Believe it are not, he stayed a week with us and then the Greeks let him out and gave him a small amount of money and he was on his way. The Greeks do understand human frustration in some cases. :peace:

Great Story brother. I hope they did not keep you too long, but just a day seems an eternity!
Glad you made it out to share the story.

Hey My Friend:grinjoint:

I spent almost 11 months waiting for a trial at a Military Base (US) and got a year for 1/4 gram of hash, so I did about 34 days in Corodelos. Deported after that to Italy. Had a nice year there. Wife refused to move and stayed in Greece. My best friend moved in with her. Broke my frigging heart! You know the story. :smokin:

Wow - great story and a dramatic one at that. I can only imagine what a tough time that must have been for you.

When I was a bit younger I was engaged to get married while in the Navy - and eventually got a "Dear John" letter stating that she was now seeing one of my friends - she ended up getting an STD from him, though. So at least a little karma punishment I guess, lol.

Must have been pretty scary/stressful being locked up in another country. Thanks for sharing!

Wow - great story and a dramatic one at that. I can only imagine what a tough time that must have been for you.

When I was a bit younger I was engaged to get married while in the Navy - and eventually got a "Dear John" letter stating that she was now seeing one of my friends - she ended up getting an STD from him, though. So at least a little karma punishment I guess, lol.

Must have been pretty scary/stressful being locked up in another country. Thanks for sharing!

Don't ya just love Karma?

Guess who showed up on my door step after that year in Italy? Thought she was just gonna move in like nothing had happened. Boot!
I understand she died a die hard alcoholic. Good on her! Karma!

Well, I was lucky, I had a friend that was already in there and he told me what to do, soon as I walked in the door. Stand up and be ready to fight. I did and they left me alone. There were many English and a couple of Americans already there. Put a doper in with dopers and trade secrets are shared and where to go in many countries. There was a couple of child molesters in there and everyone in the place shunned them. Lowest people on the earth. They were spit on allot. Lots of stories in there. Bad part was I could see my house looking out of the third story window. Little did I know.

When I landed in Italy. I was free and had a week before I had to report into base. Venice here I come. When I got off the train in Venice, first guy I met sold me some hash. The party was on! :grinjoint:

interestin story glad u made it out i been locked up but only short time when i was young n dumb venice looks like a great place those countrys r big on hash spain morroc i heard some thing about the boat driver gondulas dont no how to spell it there also pretty spirtitual town i would love to go there i love how that most of the streets are water canals

from what i hear they have alot of respect for the monks and high preists just thinking if they the church got wind on his journey they migth have had a todo wit his release

Back
Top Bottom