The Incredible Bulk Adventure

Day 21: Time for the weekly update. The girls are doing well. LST to start later today or tomorrow. Watering every other day now using the "Heft" method to determine the need.

w3a1.jpg

w3b.jpg

w3c.jpg

Day 35: time for the weekly update. Flipped the girls to 12/12 today. Nutrients are mixed to 80% of the pictured chart. They showed signs of nutrient burn at 90% so I baked off back to 80%. As soon as the smaller plants fill the holes I will do the first Defoliation. I think the smaller plants are stretching a little less because there is more light at that end of the garden. One of the LED drivers does not dim so it is running 4 of the cobs higher than all of the others. So far so good on this "Adventure".

vegweek5.jpg

flip2a.jpg

flip2b.jpg

I am thinking about turning on the two Roleadro LED lamps?

Man O Green!!! Must say u are killing it!! Every week is so explosive!! Feel like m missing a lot. Great work and glad u let tag along on this adventure!! Keep the updates coming!!

Man O Green!!! Must say u are killing it!! Every week is so explosive!! Feel like m missing a lot. Great work and glad u let tag along on this adventure!! Keep the updates coming!!

Thanks Pino:

I have done well with hydro and this new method seems to be improving on past grows. The scale will tell the truth when all is said and done.:smokin:

Day 42: Flower Day 7: Time for the weekly update.

Can you say stretch? Wow the girls are reaching for the sky. I have verified they are all girls. I need to move my fan so I can raise the lights more. I have an extra mounting bracket coming. I am upping the nutrients to 100% of the chart amounts. I have cleaned the drain pan and defoliated below the net.

fw1g.jpg

fw1f.jpg

fw1b.jpg

fw1d.jpg

All is on track. I turned on the Roleadros so I have a total of ~800watts of LEDs running right now.

So the PPMs of the runoff went over 2000 yesterday; that inspired me to do a 1 day flush with plain PHed water. The runoff from the flush came down to 1400 PPMs. If you can average the top of the block @ 0 and the bottom of the block @ 1400 then the average would be about 700 PPMs. I don't know if that logic is valid? I think that the larger plants are using more water and leaving the nutrients behind concentrating them in the block/runoff. If this is true then I need to back off on the nutrients as this action will concentrate them to the higher levels I want in the block.

I have been wanting to do a Flower Flush anyway so it did not take much to convince me to go ahead with it. I like to clean out my reservoir and start with fresh nutes so you know that they are in balance. I decided to go with 80% of the Flower Week 2 chart. the actual amounts used in 6.1 gallons of water are on this chart:

flowerw2.jpg

Day 49 flower Day 14: Time for the weekly update.

I put the second net in because I think the colas will need support down the road. I super cropped a couple of the tallest colas by accident which is no biggie since I have had to use that method to control height in the past. The runoff is coming in too high at over 2400 PPMs so I am letting the reservoir drop to 700 PPMs today then I will drop to 50% of week 3 strength. My goal is to have the blocks ~1200 PPMs. They make cool tools for measuring this in the block but I cannot afford one. So I just watch my plants and the runoff.

Plants are 30" to 36" tall.

Flowering is progressing well.

fw3a.jpg

fw3b.jpg

fw3c.jpg

fw3d.jpg

Mam are you inspiring me to get my ebb n flow table going. I bpught a 2 by 4 boutanicare ebb n flow set up n have yet to use it. Been growing in coco but u really inspire me to use the table!! Great work here till the end!!

Pino:

The GroDan people have explained to me that flood/drain setups have too many problems with salt build up and waste nutrients. Root development is way less than optimal. They directed me to this drip setup as the "state of the art". If you already have flood/drain equipment then not much to add to do the drip.

I know that I am using only about 25% of the nutrients I needed for DWC in this drip grow.

Pino:

The GroDan people have explained to me that flood/drain setups have too many problems with salt build up and waste nutrients. Root development is way less than optimal. They directed me to this drip setup as the "state of the art". If you already have flood/drain equipment then not much to add to do the drip.

I know that I am using only about 25% of the nutrients I needed for DWC in this drip grow.

I too am running ebb and flow. Your method seems much better. Could we see some more pics of how you're facilitating it? Tia

Back
Top Bottom