The IRIE Garden (Part Deux)

Well said BI! And know that even if you did relax on your journal nowdays, you have still accomplished so much, both inside your garden a FAR beyond. Plus now you wear the hat of grow mod, so its understandable you might not have the time you used to.
:thumb:

It's always a pleasure to to stroll into the Irie Lounge! I'd like to hear about the new nute program you've settled into. I'm sure it's a winning combination!:nicethread:

Lil- I try not to do anything in excess and wil go on the light side and work it up.. I use 1 TSP per gal. of the hydrated if it is below 6 (rarely happens), and 1/2 TSP when it is around 6 and have been known to sprinkle some in the top soil for the heck of it. There were a few plants that were not happy with me the first time I used it, but they were only scarred a bit and recovered.. I will sometimes just sprinkle some into the topsoil too, just depends how bad the PH is.. I only have tough problems with the PH is when I use recycled soil...
Our winter here has been shit... It has been in the 60's and the 40-50's in the mountains.. HD- We do back country over on that side and try to visit Winter Park and Mary Jane a few times a year.. I am usually in Summit, have a place to stay there and the 5 mountain ski pass... We are running out of winter quick and need some damn snow... I grew up in Southern Cali. Always near the beach.... Besides my friends, family I miss the ocean and surfing, but my new ocean is the Rockies and boarding is my surfing... I was a planker for 19 yrs, been knuckle dragging for about 15 now...;) Dman, looks like I am chatty K=cathy tonite..:smokin:

Lil- I try not to do anything in excess and wil go on the light side and work it up.. I use 1 TSP per gal. of the hydrated if it is below 6 (rarely happens), and 1/2 TSP when it is around 6 and have been known to sprinkle some in the top soil for the heck of it. There were a few plants that were not happy with me the first time I used it, but they were only scarred a bit and recovered.. I will sometimes just sprinkle some into the topsoil too, just depends how bad the PH is.. I only have tough problems with the PH is when I use recycled soil...
Our winter here has been shit... It has been in the 60's and the 40-50's in the mountains.. HD- We do back country over on that side and try to visit Winter Park and Mary Jane a few times a year.. I am usually in Summit, have a place to stay there and the 5 mountain ski pass... We are running out of winter quick and need some damn snow... I grew up in Southern Cali. Always near the beach.... Besides my friends, family I miss the ocean and surfing, but my new ocean is the Rockies and boarding is my surfing... I was a planker for 19 yrs, been knuckle dragging for about 15 now...;) Dman, looks like I am chatty K=cathy tonite..:smokin:
I have a similar light side mentality, seemed like a good choice after my first grow. I am learning to talk POT, is a fairly complicated language, gonna take me awhile I fear.

Think you have a pretty good grasp of it!! :bravo: Glad you are an interpreter for us. Thanks bro!!! Love watching great grows, and yours are that every time I look! :popcorn:

:peace:

Thanks LL, just get yourself one good book for reading while sitting on the pot or in case the internet goes out. You can find everything you need to know here... :reading420magazine:
MH-I like your style.......:ganjamon:

Ok, so since I don't have the camera cord yet, I figured that I would give you guys a little run down on whats happening in the garden.. I have completely gone to "Roots" organic soil... I add a little dried kelp and some chicken shit to the soil. I use "Roots" Buddah grow and bloom and the "Earth juice" full line ( grow,bloom,metaK,catalyst,&microblast). I switch off watering's with the Roots and EJ. Others that are added as needed are liquefied sea kelp,nitrozyme,black strap molasses, different guanos ( feed guano teas every 3-4 weeks) and some dark energy and some fish emulsion for veg only.
I put four new ladies into the flowering every 17-20 days and am harvesting once a month or so. The long flowering Chernobyl and the hermie GDP's screwed my schedule up. Still have a few kinks to work out.. I should be getting the replacement 1000 ballast, so the flowering room will be back to 1400 watts. The veg room will have a 600 and the preschool will have a 400 and misc. flouros. The nursery will have CFL's...
Strains in the flower room now- Chernobyl ( sativa and Indica phenos) DNA sour cream,Barney's sweet tooth,Bubble Gums,LA Ultra,Blue Widow,Jack Herrer, and an OG Kush.
Veg room - Jack the Ripper ( being sexed) Moby Dick(seed), LA confidential/skunk(seed) and some of the others...
Ok, think that is about it for now... Things change quickly in the Irie Garden though.. I am starting to plan my summertime set-up, guess I will have to put the glass back on the hoods.. :peace:

Be IRIE, you may have just inadvertently saved my grow with your above mention of your feed regimen with Hydrated Lime! You are a great help to those of us still learining. As I browse through some of the more experienced grower threads like yours, these are the little things that I look for.

I just bought a bag of Hydrated Lime because of my problem with low pH (first grow that I am checking pH). I am getting a 6.0 on one of my plants (the other two are a little better with 6.3. Either today or tomorrow I will be watering them with the lime. The instructions for potted plants says to add 1 tablespoon per gal. After reading your recipe of using only 1/2 teaspoon per gal for pH around 6.0, I will do as you suggest. You may have saved me from having even more issues possibly!

Read your update and I am very impressed with your grow. You are so 'multi-leveled', amazing.:bravo:

Thank you and Reps if I can!

I go light with things.. i would much rather creep up with nutes and such, then have to start correcting things if I go to much... Saves me a bit of work in the long run and allows me to raise it up gradually....:peace:

I go light with things.. i would much rather creep up with nutes and such, then have to start correcting things if I go to much... Saves me a bit of work in the long run and allows me to raise it up gradually....:peace:

All should read and heed.

+Rep Brother...and quit growing such beautiful plants will ya? I just dropped a hundred on some of those Chernobyl beans...seems like I'm always buying seeds behind you.:rofl:

Love to watch your work, your patients are well cared for.

It worked, Just got the pH up on the three ladies. 6.7 -6.9 now! Reps to you my man when they let me. Hope that'll solve some deficiency problems I'm having.:thanks:

Woods, hopefully it all works out for you...
Ok, so Sunday was spent getting the 1000 back in where it belongs, and cleaning the room... I have decided to add a box of lady bugs every month. The little fuckers ( mites) still like to test me every once in awhile.. Four new plants are going into flower here in the next few days, and looks like two will be coming out in the next week or so... The Chernobyl ( sativa) was chopped at day 71 it was starting to go amber and I wanted to grab it while it still favored the cloudy trichs... I have to many " knock you on your ass" meds going so thought I would search for a more energetic effect...
OK, some of the last shots of the Chernobyl....
005301.JPG

004316.JPG

006258.JPG

007255.JPG

The Indica Dom Chernobyl
010214.JPG

011187.JPG

012165.JPG

DNA Sour Cream
013164.JPG

014144.JPG

The flowering room
015132.JPG

:ganjamon:

I am not a big fan of the CFL's and will only break them out if I have to. I keep them 1-2 inches away and usually burn the plants a few times with them.. They serve their purpose. I like them in the clone/seedling area... I can't wait to hash up the trim, it was caked with trichs... Some of the big fan leaves were crusted with it... Crazy.. I reallyreallyreally wish I would have gotten a clone of it!!!!!! I am going to plant some more of the seeds in hopes of getting another one of the sativa phenos... I blew it there bigtime... :peace:

Wow, lovin' those Chernobyl's!! Absolutely beautiful!! :goodjob: I would love to see how it looks dried too. So how many rooms was that, like 4?!?! Nursery, Preschool, etc., etc. Pretty sure all your girls are finishing up with at least a BS in botany, if not PhD's for all the intricate science they have been thru!! You should get them cap and gowns when they are done!! :rofl:
Aloha BI

Back
Top Bottom