The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

Have a great holiday Sue. Not having gone on one myself in almost 10 years, I'm totally envious! Enjoy, relax, unwind and come home safe.
XO

Hey Dr. Bob. Happy traveling to you. You get home tonight, don't you? I'm sitting on the plane waiting for the last leg, on to Phoenix. I'm headed that way, just not gonna get that far.

Made it home about midnight. FIred up the ole vape and 10 minutes later all was well. Sleep

Glad you made it your to your destination and second family safely!

Bob

Have a great holiday Sue. Not having gone on one myself in almost 10 years, I'm totally envious! Enjoy, relax, unwind and come home safe.
XO

Thank you so much. :love: It'd been seven years for me. I feel for you.

Made it home about midnight. FIred up the ole vape and 10 minutes later all was well. Sleep

Glad you made it your to your destination and second family safely!

Bob
So glad to hear you made it home safely too.

Have a happy holyday Sue :)

and don't worry about us, you worry too much! enjoy yourself, relax and let calgon take you away :smokin:

:hug:

I've put it off long enough. It's time to put this journal to bed.

Harvest Totals: Perpetual Tent

13 gm Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia
Auto Destroyer (not weighed)
46 gm Cheese Candy
7 gm African Buzz
8 gm Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia
6 gm Auto Jack Herer
Buddha Tahoe OG (not weighed)
9 gm Strawberry Blue
9 gm Critical Super Silver Haze
3 gm Excalibur
15 gm New Year's Bag Seed
3 gm Kalashnikova Auto
7 gm Paradise DeLahaze
14 gm Unknown Seed
7 gm Dark Devil Auto #1 (approximate dry weight based on harvest weight)
4 gm Dark Devil Auto #2 (approximate dry weight based on harvest weight)
27 gm Afghani #2
57 gm Carnival
27 gm Jamaican Dream
2 gm Dark Devil Auto #3
4 gm Original Bubblegum
5 gm Paradise Nebula
5 gm Auto Jock Horror x Auto Amnesia

Grand Total: 278 grams (9.9+ oz)

Not a spectacular yield by any means. Part of me wanted to be disappointed in that. The rest of me asked that petulant child to please sit down and chill. Considering what my life challenges were during this time I'm actually impressed that I was able to stay ahead of myself, with only one incident of needing outside assistance. Better than 10 ounces is nothing to sneer at, and I have 4.5 oz of that total curing as I vacation. When I start back up you can bet your life I'll beat this record.

It was grand fun though, wasn't it? :laughtwo: You all carried me lovingly through the stages of grief and helped me learn to laugh freely and live again. I'll never be able to balance those scales, nor would I think to try. You have my heartfelt thanks. :hug: :love: The greatest resource this site offers is the friendships that spring up and deepen as we progress through a journal. We start out as strangers with a shared passion and end up as family.

I also learned the fundamentals of running a perpetual grow, something the site appears to be specializing in. Those lessons will serve me well when I return home and get set up to begin again. Now that my passion for exploring Concentrated Cannabis Oil has been fired up I'll be focusing on strains that will be good oil sources for medicinal uses. An entirely new learning curve. :battingeyelashes:

The Tiny Pot Perpetual will make a return, to supply me with produce that has uses beyond oil production and give me that taste of variety I so enjoyed throughout this grow, but my plan is to use larger pots and limit the number of plants in this grow. I'd like to see if I can get these to maximize yield through careful training and get it to a decent harvest every other week. The plan for this part of the grow is to use 3 gallon pots and establish them as LOS no-tills, yet another challenge. Some of the most potent product I pulled out of this tent grew in my Living Organic Soil, and only part of that can be attributed to strain choice, since just about everything I grew was decent genetics. This gives me great hope for success going forward. I still have so much to learn about maintaining no-tills. I got deeper into Doc's HB Kit with this grow, and that will help me when I run another kit plant, but it was to the neglect of my no-tills. Time to get back to that.

I'm not certain if I'll work with the kit when I start up again. Still thinking that over. I sent most of my supplies to B A R, so I'd have to order more to continue on. The idea of no-till autos grows more attractive every day.

I learned that not everyone is compatible with tent growing, and I'm one of those that may be better suited to a closet grow until I can get to a legal state and have an actual room. You can bet I'll make that happen sometime in the not-too-distant future. My home state will likely be the last one to fall out of the prohibitionary attitude. Well, maybe Oklahoma or Kansas will fight it out for that dubious honor, but Pennsylvania will be right there with them, waiting to be forced to change so they can place the blame elsewhere if things go wrong. I don't plan to stick around to wait.

Exciting days are ahead. I'm going to become immersed in the study of the Endocannabinoid System and using CCO to enhance its performance and begin an entirely new focus on growing. As I close out this journal I leave you with a few of my favorite shots.

image4649.jpeg

image184.png

image4271.jpeg

image4108.jpeg

This was for you Rad. :love:

image175.png

image4635.jpeg

image224.png

image4714.jpeg

image4729.jpeg

image4441.jpeg

image35164.jpg

And so we close it out. I've thoroughly enjoyed this joyful journey we've shared and look forward to years of these wonderous moments ahead. One last time here, let me encourage you get out there and spread that joy far and wide. Let's light the universe up with loving energy. We've gotten to be very good at it. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you all for your support. Your presence here made all the difference. Don't ever doubt how important you all are to me and I hope to continue to make you all proud. I'll be up and running again by the middle of February. I'll do my best to broadcast that return as best I can. Until then I'll do most of my posting on my Spot thread or on your own journals. I'd anticipated being able to catch up on subs, but it turns out I enjoy engaging in conversation and that limits one's ability to fly through a list of over 100 subs. :straightface: The gypsy called it. :laughtwo:

Fire one up for me. I can't, so have a buzz and think of me. Maybe I can catch a metaphysical one. :laughtwo:

Happy Holidays Everyone. I love you all. :hug: :love:

image4764.jpeg

Have a Happy Merry, Sue!

That has to be one of the best thread closing posts that I have ever read. :bravo: Nice looking buds for sure and you now have a great variety to enjoy vs one or two. What a list!

And well this rocks...
image4764.jpeg

Salute! And Merry Christmas.
Bob

Ditto...

Thanks guys. :battingeyelashes: You made me smile real big. :cheesygrinsmiley: ShiggityFlip, I'll be raring to go by the time I get home. I'll need to build a new closet space and refurbish the Tiny Closet. First thing I do the first day back is plant some seeds. They can grow anywhere while I get the spaces up to par.

Curious why youd ditch the tent..

Also, an idea. Get the daughter to drop a few seeds a 1-2weeks before your return.? Its be that much of a headstart, dont reallly think youll need it, with what you have.. A few autos to start should get you back into things quickly.

Enjoy the warm.er weather!

Curious why youd ditch the tent..

Also, an idea. Get the daughter to drop a few seeds a 1-2weeks before your return.? Its be that much of a headstart, dont reallly think youll need it, with what you have.. A few autos to start should get you back into things quickly.

Enjoy the warm.er weather!

Oh, that life should be so simple DankWolf. :laughtwo: The daughter doesn't share my love of gardening and has let it be known that she wants nothing to do with it. It was enough that she burp the harvest, which reminds me that I need to call and remind her.

The tent came down because of her. She has a severe anxiety disorder and the huge unstealthy tent in her mother's bedroom was too much for her to handle. Her initial request was that I take the grow down and abandon my place here on site. We compromised with my taking the tent down and returning to more of a stealthy gardening approach. It was a harrowing night, filled with tears and anguish. It also set my resolve to relocate to a legal state and made me question my decision to give birth. :straightface:

We worked through all that and came out stronger. Thankfully, I had someone else I could pass the tent on to.

I still swing by my Spot at least once a day and drop something in, and then there're the other four or five threads I administer. I miss the grow journal though. I'm having a great time learning to vacation. I've this big, spacious house to myself all day long, so I get to sing at the top of my lungs and dance like a fool, use the treadmill and play online as much as I want. This is fun. I'll be ready to be home after two months. The trip ends with a run to Vegas! I can't even imagine myself in Vegas. :laughtwo:

I'm not much of a talker Sue but you can bet I have been reading your "dance floor" as it was called. :thumb:

Get yourself to a legal state and have some fun girl. If you are interested in Oregon I have a spare bedroom right next to my tent room. You can look around and decide. I can tell you though, you will never find a more beautiful state.

Have a grand vacation - you deserve it - :hug:

:thanks: for keeping me joyful.

:green_heart:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'm not much of a talker Sue but you can bet I have been reading your "dance floor" as it was called. :thumb:

Get yourself to a legal state and have some fun girl. If you are interested in Oregon I have a spare bedroom right next to my tent room. You can look around and decide. I can tell you though, you will never find a more beautiful state.

Have a grand vacation - you deserve it - :hug:

:thanks: for keeping me joyful.

:green_heart:

Don't tempt me like that girl. :laughtwo: I'm a free woman with a meager but steady income and a serious desire to relocate to a legal state.

You're welcome. It was all of you that inspired the joy. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom