The Kid's 2nd Grow - Continued

KannabisKid

Welcome to the continuation of my second grow. The original start was with the Lowryder Purple Jems, which I have abandoned due to the lack of females. I had decided to make sure I had some quality meds, so I germinated my current ladies during that journal. They are now both Flowering. We also have 2 new sprouts to add to the mix.

So now for the details:
2 Rooms - Secret Jardin DR150w
- DIY Veg Cab

What strain is it? 1 Dutch Passion Taiga fem, 1 Dinafem Power Kush fem, and 2 Mandala 8 Miles High reg

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mixed

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg and Flower

If in Veg... For how long? Seedlings just sprouted

If in Flower stage... For how long? 2 weeks for the PK and Taiga just started (auto)

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Black gold Natural and Organic potting soil, with worm castings

Size of light? 4' (4) bulb T5 for flower, (2) 40w veg cfls and (1) 2' T5 used for both

Is it aircooled? Yes

Type and strength of ferts used? FF GB, BB, OS, CC and Botanicare cal/mag.

I just got a lot of pics uploaded. I'll have to go back through them and post them later.

Haha, good to have ya Mac.

Alright, let's get some life in this journal.

Let's start with the PK. Here is a description:
Sex : Feminized
Type :
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Afghani x Skunk #1
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : 45-55 Days
Height : Medium
THC Level : 12% - 16%
Characteristics : sweet, orange tinted colas with high resin content

Dinafem Seeds Power Kush is a powerful blend of Afghani x Skunk #1. It is a fast bloomer that produces a harvest of sweet, orange tinted colas with high resin content. Mental and physical effects are quite notable and the taste divine. They grow well, the leaves are big, wide and long, so the plant can make the most of the light. The Dinafem Seeds Power Kush flowers quickly, producing a harvest of buds covered in white and orange hairs. The power is surprising until one considers the genetics, then you realize it is not by chance but design. Power Kush is the variety that Dinafem Seeds have developed through more inbreeding. A single original plant cultivated over many years, the Power Kush has given life to an offspring that is in all cases the granddaughter of that.
Power Kush grows well, the leaves are large, peciolos very long, with the advantage that the light at the maximum. The leaves of Power Kush are quick to bloom, and her cannabis seeds produce a crop of buds full of white hair and much like oranges in Amsterdam and, of course, plenty of resin and a skunk smell sweet with a gentle touch of orange and strawberry. The effect is mixed physical and mental.

Here's my lady in all her glory:

7841.jpg

7851.jpg

7881.jpg

7892.jpg

7901.jpg

7941.jpg

Now the Taiga:

Sex : Feminized
Type : Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Autoflowering
Genetics : Power Plant x {Russia / Canada x Indica}
Flowering Time : Medium, Long
Outdoor Harvest : Depends on sowing time.
Height : Short
THC Level : High
Characteristics : Taiga grows with big compact buds. The smell and taste are evident Power Plant.

Dutch Passion Taiga is a NEW hybrid between an auto-flowering Ruderalis/Indica and Power Plant provided by Dutch Passion Cannabis Seeds Bank.
Like all indicas, Taiga seeds grow fast and produce compact marijuana plants extremely comfortable for indoor growing.
Being a member of ruderalis family, Taiga marijuana produces flowers regardless of photogenic periods and is able to produce good yield with minimum efforts. Power Plant female pollen ensures Taiga's early flowering. Even beginners in cannabis seeds growing are garanteed not to fail in getting a quality yield.
Taiga marijuana seeds do not ask for a special fertilizing regime. Containers of 1.5 to 2 liters are sufficient enough for a good harvest. Taiga cannabis seeds love a place in the sun, which they needs to produce a quality yield (25-30 gr per plant). Give it 8-10 weeks and you can enjoy big buds with pleasant, almost pine Power Plant taste and a powerful social buzz. The lates reviews of the product show growing interest in auto-flowering cannabis seeds. If you are one of those who have not tried it yet, Taiga is a perfect start.

7982.jpg

7991.jpg

8002.jpg

8014.jpg

8022.jpg

8041.jpg

8051.jpg

And the sprouting Mandala 8 Miles High:

Sex : Regular
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Africa x India
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October
Height : Medium
THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : good potential against lethargy & depression
Manadala Seeds 8 Miles High is a fragrant, uplifting sativa that delivers quality harvests indoor & outdoor. Special attention was devoted to making this variety a low-maintenance plant that finishes by mid-October in northern climates. Flowering sets in quickly with most plants sexing within one week of switching to 12/12. Another positive feature is the fast and profuse resin production during early flowering that rewards your efforts right from the start. 8 Miles High has proven to be very reliable under various environmental stress factors such as abrupt changes in light and temperature. Plants can therefore be moved from indoor and planted out with no adverse effects. It's cannabis seeds are easy to grow and has no special requirements. It has shown good mould resistance and grows well in soil with no extra feeding*, making it a good choice for growers with little experience or not much time on their hands.
The indica-type females have minimum branching, medium tall growth, and are excellent for small spaces or cultivation in close rows. The sativa-leaning pheno can be grown as a multi-stem plant or trained if this is your preferred method of cultivation. It has longer branching due to the extended internodes and exhibits great potential as a big producer outdoor. For a sea of green set-up in hydro both phenos can be used. In hydro we recommend pruning the bottom branches on the sativa-leaning females so that all energy is focused on the long central cola.

8 Miles High has a great calyx-to-leaf ratio and slim leaves that make trimming the buds a quick job. Resiny bud production throughout the plant from top to bottom guarantees a quality harvest. The aromatic properties of this strain are delightfully diverse and feature the rare trait of strawberry fragrance. During flowering a slight brush against the plants releases a wonderful sweetness with an earthy undertone. This delicate aroma is followed by the more dominant piney freshness. As the plants mature you can also detect whiffs of a sweet lemonade scent. Cured buds retain the piney-minty smell but, in addition, there is a variety of delicious aromas ranging from strawberry, melon, to hash-candy.**
The smoke has a fresh minty taste and lingering sweetness to it. 8 Miles High lifts off straight to the head and triggers a lot of cerebral 8-Miles-High activity with flashes of insights and long episodes of trippy visuals when you close your eyes and switch to auto pilot. This is a functional daytime smoke, or a wake-up call to keep you on your feet partying at night. The uplifting, almost euphoric, effect sets in once you reach maximum altitude. This energetic sativa glides back down smoothly and leaves an expansive feeling behind.

8063.jpg

8071.jpg

8081.jpg

Let me know what you think.

-

Time for a quick update on the Taiga. She is at day 29 and she's flowering nicely. I hung my 2' T5 and switched to the flower bulb for the proper spectrum of light, but left 1 of the Veg CFLs to stimulate with as much light as possible. She gets rotated daily so 1 side doesn't get more light than the other. She also gets fed 1/2 strength FFBB every watering along with Botanicare Cal/Mag. Since starting the cal/mag, she looks to be filling out a little better. I might also bump her nutes up a tad and maybe add a little FFOS. I don't plan on adding much at all, but figured I'd test her with a little to get the feeding schedule down with this strain. Well here she is:

DP Taiga

8091.jpg

81110.jpg

81310.jpg

Her top
81410.jpg

82010.jpg

Some Random
81910.jpg

82110.jpg

A little blurry
82210.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Nice and green dude. Good job.

Thanks Mac. They both seem to be flowering at the same rate. I just noticed the swelling bud structure starting on the stalk of the Taiga. Can't wait to sample her.

Looking good KK ... mind if I tag along?:popcorn:

Thanks bro. Absolutely not. Hop on board and enjoy the ride :grinjoint:

Just got done reading up on your previous grows and now this one too, and for sure props man. Looks like all is going very well and looking forward to seeing how they take off. I've for sure found it not only nice to watch your own beautiful ladies grow but its nice to see other ladies go thru their journey of life too.
Happy Growing
Endo:blunt:

Time for a quick update on the PK and the Taiga.

PK is at the start of week 5 and is 29" tall from top of soil to top of main. I noticed some rust colored spots on a few leaves, and noticed a lot of what I thought was nute burn, but now am thinking I may have other issues. I didn't get the images of the leaves transferred so I'll have to get them up tomorrow for evaluation. The Taiga is on day 43 and is under 1' by measuring in at 11". I have ironed out her feedings now and she's doing well. She also displayed a sad behavior at the end of the days by lowering her leaves away from the light. I monitored this for several days and came to the conclusion that she was saying she was tired. I dropped the light schedule from 18/6 to 16/8 and she is much more comfortable with a few extra hours of sleep.
Shouldn't be too much longer for either of them, hopefully.

PK

8801.jpg

8821.jpg

8832.jpg

8862.jpg

8884.jpg

8921.jpg

8961.jpg

8983.jpg

9011.jpg

Taiga I added a sheet of mylar underneath her and the side light is usually on

906.jpg

907.jpg

909.jpg

91010.jpg

91110.jpg

91210.jpg

91410.jpg

91810.jpg

I did some minor defoliation on the PK after the pics were taken. Mainly larger leaves at the base of the plant, and a few under the canopy that were discoloring due to issues. Let me know what you think :rollit:

Thanks Mac. The PK just started week 5. She is a 45-55 day flowering plant, so roughly 20 more days or so should do it, but you never know. Gonna sample her at the end of the week most likely :rollit:. She's starting to pump out the resin. Another thing I noticed, neither of the plants have a strong odor. I just now opened the Ona Block for the PK. I'm really surprised at the mild odor even this late in flowering. I was expecting both of these plants to stink due to their lineage.

Back
Top Bottom