The Legend of Panama Red

Greenthumb PR (1).JPG

These are two Greenthumb Panama Red plants. Legit as far as I am concerned. Strong trippy high. The Snowhigh Panama Red is very similar. If you smoke too much it can feel like being in the ocean with the current pulling you in all directions. Seeing things in frames, like an old silent movie that stutters along.

No wonder it is a legend. This has the power of a modern hybrid with the trip effect most lack. This was top of the line back in '60 to '80. Still a fine smoke that I will take over the OG, Girl Scout Cookies, Chem, Diesel, Gorilla Glue, etc. I am in California and have all the latest stuff to choose from. I choose Panama Red.

Real Panama Red was rare. Acapulco Gold and others were rare. I was around in the 70's and no one ever had PR or AG to smoke with me or even bragged about smoking it. I would hear the song Panama Red and wonder where the hell is it? I nearly got some PR but that fell thru and not sure it was not just common Colombian Red, which is fine but not the same or on the same level as PR.

Punto Rojo and early real Colombian Gold were rare too. These strains were produced in small lots high in the mountains. The dealers and their friends would get some on occasion but the regular guy would not get much or any. The dealer gets some Panama Red and tells his friends first. They and the dealer take all or most of the PR for themselves.

The elite strains were maybe 5% of the total production. There just was not enough to go around.

The story of Panama Red is likely fiction according to a source I read the other day. Seems they found out who wrote it and then found other stories of various strains by the same guy. Can not even get a real story on this mythical strain it seems.

The strain was real however and the two variations of it that I have now are real as far as I know. All the people that smoked it back when, agree that this is the same stuff.

Back
Top Bottom