The Mars Hydro FC-E4800 Sponsored Grow Journal: 3 Classic Strains In Soil

Paul Squiggle

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Howdy do folks.
Welcome to my new adventure, featuring the Mars Hydro FC E4800.
Thank you very much for joining me..

I've been fortunate enough to be offered the chance to improve my growing experience, thanks to @Mars Hydro. Hopefully I can put this light through its paces and have a successful harvest..

I will be growing 3 differt strains, in soil, using common off the shelf compost and vegetable nutrients. What can possibly go wrong? :p

First of all, I will list the specs of the light and a few unboxing/assembly photos and then I will start the journal.. thank you for reading.

Here we go!

Mars Hydro FC E4800
Screenshot_20211031-180652_Chrome.jpg

FC-E4800_73dfeadf-e606-45b4-a25e-62cff755c45c.jpg
Screenshot_20211031-180634_Chrome.jpg

【High-efficiency LED grow light】Consuming 480W input power, FC-E4800 has 2646 pcs high-quality BridgeLux chips, perfectly cover 4×4 ft (flower), 5x5ft(veg) grow space, more cost-effective compared with other same type lights.

●【New detachable design】Not only the driver is removable, but also the light bars, which makes it easy to install, store, and replace the light bars. Meanwhile, cultivators can freely adjust the light bar space according to your growing needs in order to maximize light utilization.

●【Uniform Par distribution】The newly developed chip arrangement by mars hydro enables a more even and efficient light distribution, thus promising growers a more uniform crop.

●【Daisy Chain Dimming Function】Light designed with a dimmer knob which makes dimming more convenient. Up to 30 lights can be daisy-chained and controlled through just one light.

●【Aluminum Heatsink & IP65 waterproof】The larger area of aluminum heatsink increases the passive cooling by 30%. IP65 waterproof function eliminates the worry about using the light in a humid environment.

WEIGHT(KG)9.1
WATTAGE484W±5%@AC120V, 466W±5%@AC240V, 464W±5%@AC277V
COVERAGE(FT)4’x4′
PPE2.7 µmol/j
PAR VALUE1327umol/S
MAX YIELD2.5g/W
SPECTRUM380-410nm 660-665nm 730-740nm 2800-3000K 4800-5000K
CHIP BRANDBridgeLux
LEDS QUANTITY2646
DRIVERMOSO
VOLTAGEAC100-277V
DIMENSION864*852*79MM
IP65 WATERPROOFYes
CERTIFICATEETL,CE,UKCA,RoHS
LIFESPAN50000H
WARRANTY5 years

So that's the specifications, which are pretty impressive, don't you think?
And here is a few unboxing and assembly photos. If you have any questions, please ask.:)
20211031_192750.jpg

20211031_184351.jpg

If you notice the 9th and 10th photos, In that last collage, I had to clean the hole, from where it had been anodised, just to get the threads started on the little nylon bolt.. no big deal, just make sure you don't try and force the thread to start, as it will strip..
The assembly is pretty straight forward, I didn't even look at the instructions. It's what men do, right? :laugh:

After hanging it in the tent, I plugged it in to the mains power, and it didn't work:eek:. I checked the extension cable, changed the timer, checked the fuses in the plugs; yes, in the UK, we have fuses in our plugs. Anyway, all was as it should be, I was stumped:hmmmm: it couldn't be broken could it?
Thats when I noticed this
DSC_1117.JPG

I hadn't connected the power lead to the driver. Doh!!!:dude-knocking:hello!! Mcfly!!!
After i gave the light some power, it came on :yahoo:
DSC_1119.JPG

DSC_1121.JPG

The quality of the construction is exceptional. Nice work @Mars Hydro :thumb:

Now it's down to me to do the rest. No doubt there will be dramas, issues and possibly dead plants:laugh: but, that's all part of the fun..
I will write up the journal shortly and tag in all of you that have followed me in my previous journal.. Everyone else is more than welcome though. Just I don't like tagging in random members that I haven't had much communication with, as I don't know how busy you lot are. But please join in, as I need all the help I can get:laugh:
I hope nobody feels obliged to follow, please don't put yourselves under pressure to follow or catch up, as I can appreciate how hectic this journal forum can get..
Anyway, that's it for now folks. I appreciate you lot taking the time read this

Thanks again

Paul

A new journal how awesome !!!!!! Did I miss reading are did you not say? What you plan on growing sir ???? I think you will do awesome with this light
Hi Mate. I havent listed anything yet. I haven't decided on what seeds to pop.. I've got way too many to choose from.. I've started getting an awful seed ordering addiction :laugh:
I will start them off tonight though.

Im thinking Northern lights, definitely Alcapulco Gold and possibly Jack herer. I was also contemplating starting an auto and doing what I did the last time and run it on a 12/12 in the same tent, when I've flipped the other ladies.. more for a tester plant than for yield;As we are still looking for our perfect strain. I will make up my mind soon.. anyway. Thanks for the vote of confidence..
No doubt I will make a mess of something along the way :laugh:

:ciao: Squiggs!

Nice new rig! Congratulations!
I'll pull up a comfy chair
Thank you.
West hippy got the only comfy chair. Only Bean bags left i'm afraid..
I won't have to tag anyone in at this rate, there seems to be a queue at the door:laugh:
Thanks again for joining in

Hey Sqigs - I've prepped some coco and soaking some beans tonight
I will be doing 4 autos, vegging two bigger photos in the same tent at the same time, just as you are thinking
Definitely keeping an eye on your grow, the selection you mention sounds excellent

Thank you.
West hippy got the only comfy chair. Only Bean bags left i'm afraid..
I won't have to tag anyone in at this rate, there seems to be a queue at the door:laugh:
Thanks again for joining in
He shruggs off snake bites and shoots flies with salt- I won't fight him, he can have it :laughtwo: :snowboating:
Y’all picking on me while I take a nap :rofl: I helped mama smoke a dosidos still feeling it .

Hey Sqigs - I've prepped some coco and soaking some beans tonight
I will be doing 4 autos, vegging two bigger photos in the same tent at the same time, just as you are thinking
Definitely keeping an eye on your grow, the selection you mention sounds excellent
Evening mate. I will closely watch yours , as I've decided to try a coco grow in the little tent, just to see if i like that method. I will be looking for all the tips and tricks...
What strains are soaking?

Evening mate. I will closely watch yours , as I've decided to try a coco grow in the little tent, just to see if i like that method. I will be looking for all the tips and tricks...
What strains are soaking?
Don't wanna hijack your thread mate, but 2x Auto Cosmic Bomb, 2x Cherry Bomb Auto, 1x LSD, 1x Skunk #1
I'll time it so autos finish last two weeks on 12/12 whilst photos flip
Details on the other side obvs

Don't wanna hijack your thread mate, but 2x Auto Cosmic Bomb, 2x Cherry Bomb Auto, 1x LSD, 1x Skunk #1
I'll time it so autos finish last two weeks on 12/12 whilst photos flip
Details on the other side obvs
Don't worry about the hijack mate, you know I'm easy.. Nice selection, I've looked at them, they are on the list :laugh: I've just soaked my seeds, so we are starting out at the same time.. looking forward to watching your progress..

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Strains -
Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer and Northern light. All fem and photo
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Nutrients- Off the shelf, liquid organic fruit and vegetable feed:nervous-guy:
Grow space - 1 metre x 1metre x 2metre
Extraction - AC infinity T6 with smart controller + Carbon filter
Final pot size - To be confirmed
Temp -
Rh-
Water -
Bottled mineral water

Howdy do folks and welcome to my new journal. I must say another thanks to @Mars Hydro for making this happen; I must also thank you all for following along, as I couldn't do this without all your support and guidance..

So, it began last night by soaking the seeds in mineral water
DSC_1126.JPG

And 14 hours later, we have life

Here is the Northern light
Image_2021-11-01 12_43_55_441.JPG
Image_2021-11-01 12_45_42_212.JPG

Here is the Alcapulco Gold

Image_2021-11-01 12_47_25_795.JPG
Image_2021-11-01 12_48_21_828.JPG

There's no signs of life on the Jack Herer yet, but here's a shot anyway

Image_2021-11-01 12_51_08_091.JPG

I've transfered them into moist Cotton pads to finish them off..
That's really it for today. Hopefully I will be sticking them into their first home tomorrow night .
Thanks for popping in folks, I appreciate..

See you tomorrow

Paul

Oh! Nearly forgot the Tags, don't worry about keeping up-to-date, or trying to catch up if you ever fall behind; i totally understand how busy you lot are with your own grows and all the other journals..

Here we go, in alphabetical order. oh! I won't list those that already have their front row bean bags

@Buds Buddy @Bill284 @copperrein @cjsbabygirl313 @DonkeyDick @Farmer Reading @Freak Brothers @Grand Daddy Black @H1gherD1mensionz @HappyHazmat88 @Jungle Joseph @Krissi1982 @Liqurd4tay0z @Listersmeghead @Ljb1 @Mustang92 @Mdlroad @Morda Grown @NuttyProfessor @nickeluring @013 @Regrowth @Sticky fingaz @Skunksta @stinker @Skottelgoed Spons @Trala @Verbalist

I know I have missed a few of you, but I will keep adding to the list once my memory returns later. I have just had a hit from a Sour diesel bong and it has formatted my brain. Hopefully I regain some use of it in a few hours ..

Everyone is welcome though, the more, the merrier :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks again folks

I’ll be hanging out in the bleachers!

Back
Top Bottom