The McCloner - Thanks McDonald's for help growing my weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtybud

Tired of spraying your clones 3 times a day? Maybe you need a smaller humidity dome for small grows.
Let me tell you why I went this route. I was simply tired of spraying my clones in the dry winter periods and I only had a handful of clones to work with. I could see that the few plants wasn't making enough moisture to keep the RH between 80-100% inside a 72 spot humidity dome.
My wife is addicted to these coffees. And I keep pulling out cups from the trash to recycle them as starter soil pots and now this ...
Rather than sparsely filling a 72 spot with only 9 plants. Keeping it small may be the right thing to do to maintain RH. It's winter and humidity frequently drops down into the lower 30%.
I start by using the cup lid as my tray to keep liquids from spilling out. Then I set 1" rockwool cubes on top of the lid with my clones inserted. Its a little tricky slipping the cup over and on to the lid, but just right when you do.
My cuttings are short. 6" or less. Beforehand, I keep my lights close to my mother plants so internodes are short for short clones. And I use root tech cloning gel. (Now that I have used plain water, powdered and gel hormone, I swear by the gel if you can get it. It really makes a difference in promoting roots. In fact, it's steroids for doing so.
Roots will form in 5 days. Placed in hydro as soon as 10-14 days.

Hope this tip helps your cloning efforts when a humidity dome is too big.

IMG_4851.PNG

Awww, that's cute.

Maybe McD's will put these on their menu.
Come on guys, think of some names and marketing jingles ...

~ Auggie ~

Come on guys, think of some names and marketing jingles ..

introducing the new green McCAfe,finally something in the cup worth it.

dirtybud---keep on eye on these,closing all the air will bring you damping off.---oh you get a 12/10 on that avatar,nice

Yea, I never thought about air circulation. Need to be able to get some fresh air in there.
Watch carefully for PM too ...

~ Auggie ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom