The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am switching up to mega crop.
i am currently in hempy, and MC is gaining popularity in that grow style. it is being used for others as well.

i am looking for anyone posting their experience with MC. of course hempy is more relevant, but i am interested in how it performs in any media.
would like to know what your feed schedules are like, if you are following recommended doses etc.

interested about info on feeding by weight, measurement, or ppm in MC

also would like to know if you are using any additives, boosters, etc, and how you add them in to your feed schedule.

Im into my 3 rd week of it and its great stuff so far...still in veg for 3 more weeks so cant comment on flower yet. I just up potted into peat from potting soil. Super nice to work with thus far. Im no expert, but my goal was for a easy simple one and done nute strategy and MegaCrop is proving to be all that. You may need to CalMag in flower, but everyone usually ups their Mega Crop dosage.

They have a nute calculator here.

I use megacrop 2 grows so far.
Following the calculators on there website is good, both grows was hempy.
I did need to add calmag during the grow, otherwise super easy to use and works great.

Next grow is megacrop + Calmag in promix HP. But I now have a TDS meter and will post exactly what im doing in PPM also for anyone who can use the information for an advantage.

Since my post above I have picked up mega crop and am switching it in halfway through my current run. Love the simplicity so far just adding the one thing before I water compared to 8 bottles of stuff like I was using before. I also have bud explosion on the way which is the pk booster that is also part of the mega crop line.

This is exactly why I switched, its simple, cheap and not 8 bottles of watered down nutrients.

@Emilya has great DIY Cal-Mag-Pos that can replace Calmag nutes on the cheap and its most likely alot better too.

great DIY Cal-Mag-Pos that can replace Calmag nutes on the cheap and its most likely alot better too.
That would be definitely worth checking out.
megacrop + Calmag in promix HP. But I now have a TDS meter and will post exactly what im doing in PPM also for anyone who can use the information for an advantage.
I would be interested in checking out what kind of ppm you get with it. I have checked it with mine and found following the feed for late veg and flower the readings were lower then I expected. I asked around with a couple of well respected members here that grow with it and said to not be too concerned with the ppm numbers.

[USER=93498 said:
@Emilya[/USER] has great DIY Cal-Mag-Pos that can replace Calmag nutes on the cheap and its most likely alot better too.

Made some of it myself.

Attachments

• 20190815_152647.jpg
    20190815_152647.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 404
bit of an update.

switched the girls over to MC just after flip.

used the online feed calculator and started with the suggested amounts. they were actually a bit lower in ppm than i run normally. quickly ramped it up and they have responded well. i am well over my target ppm at this point. i am continuing to boost it incrementally and am above the original MC suggested amounts.

i have 6 plants in 5L hempy buckets. this is not a great test for MC as the plants were in horrible shape when i switched and flipped them. i also tripled my light capacity at the time. they were barely stable, so i did not expect much. they have turned around, are currently stable, and doing comparatively well.

i am on a modified coco feed schedule. i run feed / feed / feed / water with a day in between each. used to run f/f/w but added an extra feed after a suggestion from another member @MrSauga . was a good idea.

i am feeding by weight, my current mix is 18g to 7.5L ro, and 4ml of calmag. each plant gets 1250ml, but i am going to have to ramp it to 1500ml soon as they are now feeding like crazy. i ph everything to 5.8(ish). it's a hot mix, i'm about 1400 ppm. expect to go a touch higher before done. i am not feeding by ppm, but am keeping an eye on it.

will maybe get some pics in the next couple days.

used the online feed calculator and started with the suggested amounts. they were actually a bit lower in ppm than i run normally.
I found the same thing. After mixing at the recommended amount my ppm was 500. With my other stuff I was using my ppm was 940 at the start of flower and at 1120 at week 4 -6. I did ask Mr Sauga and In the Shed and they both said not to be concerned about the ppm. Do you have a journal going for the plants your feeding mega crop?

I found the same thing. After mixing at the recommended amount my ppm was 500. With my other stuff I was using my ppm was 940 at the start of flower and at 1120 at week 4 -6. I did ask Mr Sauga and In the Shed and they both said not to be concerned about the ppm.

by the third feed we had it sussed that ppm was not as much of a factor

Do you have a journal going for the plants your feeding mega crop?

not at the moment. i am going back to seed and will start one up. i plan on making that the permanent home for everything going forward.

I’ve used MegaCrop a lot. I liked the simplicity at first but ended up adding calmag, silica, and MaxiBloom as well which took away the simplicity. They’ve changed the formula three times in the last year, which I don’t like. It works wonderfully in veg. I never really got great yields with it, but nothing to really complain about either.

I tried their other additives but they fried my plants, probably due to my own carelessness. My last run with MegaCrop I mixed with MaxiBloom and had better results or at least it sure felt that way.

My best results were with 1 tsp MegaCrop, 1 tsp Botincare CalMag+, and 1 tsp GH Armour Si during veg. In flowering 1 tsp MegaCrop and 1 tap GH MaxiBloom and 1 tsp CalMag+.

:passitleft:

I’ve used MegaCrop a lot. I liked the simplicity at first but ended up adding calmag, silica, and MaxiBloom as well which took away the simplicity. They’ve changed the formula three times in the last year, which I don’t like. It works wonderfully in veg. I never really got great yields with it, but nothing to really complain about either.

I tried their other additives but they fried my plants, probably due to my own carelessness. My last run with MegaCrop I mixed with MaxiBloom and had better results or at least it sure felt that way.

My best results were with 1 tsp MegaCrop, 1 tsp Botincare CalMag+, and 1 tsp GH Armour Si during veg. In flowering 1 tsp MegaCrop and 1 tap GH MaxiBloom and 1 tsp CalMag+.

:passitleft:

so far i'm happy as it's pulled my garbage back from the brink.

how it performs for the rest of flower remains to be seen. even with a couple amendments, it still seems simpler than the 5 + multi bottle stuff they try to stuff down our throats here.

i think i like it as it's very much like the systems i remember a millennia ago. has an old familiarity.

I'm intrigued by the simplicity, but not 100% convinced yet. I mean, weighing out a single part instead of blunt tips in multiple bottles is good. But I need to dig into it a good bit more and see some more journals to think about a switch. Thanks for bringing this up though, it may be a good thing in the end! :)

i am switching up to mega crop.
i am currently in hempy, and MC is gaining popularity in that grow style. it is being used for others as well.

i am looking for anyone posting their experience with MC. of course hempy is more relevant, but i am interested in how it performs in any media.
would like to know what your feed schedules are like, if you are following recommended doses etc.

interested about info on feeding by weight, measurement, or ppm in MC

also would like to know if you are using any additives, boosters, etc, and how you add them in to your feed schedule.
Great thread! Good idea and probably should have been started a long time ago :thumb:

I can't help you with mega crop but @MrSauga knows alot about it and could shed some light on the subject.
Geez, sorry I missed the tag. Finally seen the last one. Don't be afraid to tag me several times, I wont be upset. Sometimes I miss them :(
Don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but here's a good posting about MC by @MrSauga.

Thanks Big! I appreciate that :passitleft:

If you give me some time, hopefully before the evening is over, I can post my experiences with Mega Crop, Bud Explosion, Sweet Candy, and Cal Mag Pro. All GLN products they sell.

sorry I missed the tag. Finally seen the last one. Don't be afraid to tag me several times, I wont be upset. Sometimes I miss them :(
Was wondering when you'd get in here...

If you give me some time, hopefully before the evening is over, I can post my experiences with Mega Crop, Bud Explosion, Sweet Candy, and Cal Mag Pro. All GLN products they sell.
Waiting for that one....

As a disclaimer I have nothing to do with GLN and I've paid for all their products. These are just my opinions and what has worked for me in the past.

Megacrop has two versions which most call v1 and v2. v1 goes back to 2018 and by early 2019 v2 was the only one sold by GLN. Both were designed as a one formula nute from veg through harvest. The simplicity of the product has turned several growers on to their product with great results.

MC v1 has a NPK value of 9-6-14 and v2 has a NPK value of 9-6-17. There's a 25% increase in magnesium, a 27% increase in phosphorous and a 24% increase in potassium. There's also higher levels of Ca and Magnesium amino chelates. This newer formula covered problems they had getting the plant through harvest without seeing any deficiencies.
If you have v1 such as myself then you most likely will need a Calmag supplement to get you through flower. Although the K is lower there were never any K defs that I have encountered using v1.

The Bud Explosion(BE) is a bloom booster (0-16-39) and is designed for advanced growers who can make adjustments to their MC doseage without locking out macro nutrients. I assure you if you follow the directions of the BE and the MC calculator your plants will take a turn for the worse. The high levels of P and K in BE added to the regular dose of MC throws your NPK ratio way off and all kinds of issues arise. Unless you know how to calculate the amount of NPK and the correct ratios a plant wants then I strongly advise against using the product. v2 of MC has all the bloom booster it needs and will give you plenty of flowers.
@InTheShed has been using MC only in Promix and has not added anything extra throughout his grow.

Sweet Candy(SC) is a carb, soil and plant enhancer (0-0-16) and is designed to increase terps and trichomes on your plant. Again, v2 covers all this and your plants will come out frosty and smelling nice. @Dutchman1990 I'm sure can attest to that. This product if used as directed with your regular MC doseage will also cause you problems. You will be giving your plant 16% K on top of the 17% already in MC. You will have K excess issues as well as Ca problems and other micro nutrient deficiencies.
As I mentioned I use v1, so in order for me to get through harvest I use a calmag supplement and SC in my feeds.

Cal-Mag pro(CMP) is a plant killer! This product contains 13%N (13-0-0). Even dosing 4.5g of MC and 1g of CMP/4L(veg stage week 2) puts your N load around 160ppm. Healthy plants look for N loads between 90-150ppm. Your plants will burn if you try feeding this product at regular rates with MC. If you reduce your MC then you are taking away the macro and micro nutrients your plant needs. So any other calmag than theirs would work fine. I use a product with a 1-0-0 NPK value.

So v2 of MC should be all a grower needs. If the plant shows signs of defs growers have increased the amount of their MC and prevented the problem from escalating. This doesn't mean you can't add other products, you just have to be aware that doing so may turn your grow from good to bad real quick.
@farside05 uses MC v2, a calmag supplement and Protekt. He likes to add more silica to his plants, hence the Protekt. He then has to add more N through the Calmag to balance his NPK ratio out.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts. I'm sure I can add more later as others will. Great topic.

@MrSauga I have a bag of the MC that I just got a couple of weeks ago with 9-6-17. When I go to their website under their FAQ, and click on the "What are the NPK and ingredients in MC" it shows 10-7-18. Do you know why that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom