The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto day 9 above ground. Watered 1G/gallon at day 6. Going to transplant to 3 gallon day 12-16? Next feed 2g/gallon mid week.
When did you start using mc? Right from day 1?

When did you start using mc? Right from day 1?

Day 6, I have a gallon at 6g/gallon that I diluted 1:6 as suggested by someone here.
So a bit weaker than 1G/gallon, also in promix

Next feed 1:2

I would consider feeding from day one, maybe this spring with my outdoor starts I'll try that with one plant to see how it compares. Also considering starting in 1gallon fabric and putting the pot in the ground or in 10 gallon fabric pots outdoors. To avoid transplanting shock?

Try targeting your feed strength based on age, not size. Starting at 1g/gal from day 1-5, then upping 1g/gal every 5-6 days from there. So by the 3 week mark you should be 3g-4g /gal.

If photo's, target them at 5g/gal until you flip then bump.

Obviously you need to watch your plants and read them to see if they want more or less, but as a starting point it's a pretty clean schedule for when to up the feed.

I've got a GDP that's short (6"-7" right now), and she's drinking up 4g/gal and close to getting 5g/gal.
Ok I'm going to give that schedule a run. I'm on day 18 of veg. So I'm going to feed them 3g of MC 3g of pro tekt and 3g of cali magic. See how they react to that scedule.

Exploratory Data Analysis
of
Green Leaf Nutrients & Fox Farm Nutrients

data_analysis.jpeg

Follow Up # 1

I did some comparison and number crunching this weekend, and I was a bit surprised. If you want to skim the analysis and provide feedback, it's located here: DrCC's Exploratory Data Analysis of Green Leaf Nutrients & Fox Farm Nutrients

I still need to look into @farside05 's research on not using bloom nutes - that is going to be a paradigm shift for sure!

I was born with an empty brain, and as time goes by I keep trying to fill it with good knowledge and then correct when needed :)

I am noticing that GLR products are really high in Nitrogen (N) and Potassium (K) - especially the K!

Cal+Mag Pro 0-0-16, Sea-Kelp 0-0-15, and their Bud Explosion is no exception at NPK 0-19-37!

Even their BE NPK ratio deviates from the classic 1-3-2 nutrient ratio that has been proven to be the standard for blossom enhancers during the flowering stage.

I have no idea what the GLN feeding schedule is for all their products, but I am convinced, after only one day of research, that if anyone tries to combine their products into a feeding schedule like Fox Farm and Advanced Nutrients do - disaster will likely strike.

Basically, IMO, GLN products are not scientifically engineered to play nicely together in the same sandbox! I bought BE and Cal Mag Pro already and need to figure out how to use them safely with MC - so I don't get Potassium toxicity!

Potassium-_deficiency_marijuana_diagram.jpg

I am confident I will be able to use the Fox Farm blooming trio successfully with MC, but I will need to investigate further who is using MC and BE together successfully - and then figure out where the excess K is going.

I was going to buy the SC and the SK - but I am going to hold off on those because they don't seem to be balanced - and their is no other product I can think of to combine with them to balance the NPK properly.

What's the reason you are looking to combine two different nutrient lines?

I think as a group here, we can universally recommend against using GLN's cal-mag product for your grow.

If I was to use Cal Mag Pro - I would use it at 1/6 the recommend strength and make sure it fits into my feeding schedule properly.

The primary reason for me using up the Fox Farm trio nutes is because I paid for them and I don't want to waste them. The other reason is because I am interested in seeing if I can do it successfully - compile my results - post them here and help future growers in my position.

If I fail - then no big deal - I stunt the growth of one plant - and we all walk away smarter.

We could all just use MC - and get great results! But I have an opportunity to have a bit of fun while learning - so I'm going to take it - it's just how my brain works :)

And if I get into trouble - you guys can pop in and say - "hey just use MC" - and the day is saved by the MC crew :)

Alright, I'll keep picking away at this thread, and in the mean time - I'm off to learn more about cannabis photography.

If I was to use Cal Mag Pro - I would use it at 1/6 the recommend strength and make sure it fits into my feeding schedule properly.

The primary reason for me using up the Fox Farm trio nutes is because I paid for them and I don't want to waste them. The other reason is because I am interested in seeing if I can do it successfully - compile my results - post them here and help future growers in my position.

If I fail - then no big deal - I stunt the growth of one plant - and we all walk away smarter.

We could all just use MC - and get great results! But I have an opportunity to have a bit of fun while learning - so I'm going to take it - it's just how my brain works :)

And if I get into trouble - you guys can pop in and say - "hey just use MC" - and the day is saved by the MC crew :)

Alright, I'll keep picking away at this thread, and in the mean time - I'm off to learn more about cannabis photography.
I've got a big ads bottle of FF big bud, and I was thinking maybe hit them once or twice as well. But I decided screw that my girls look too damn good with straight MC. And I'm behind according to the feed schedule. So its MC until the end. I am using good organic soil, just.an fyi .

DL Auto. This is one of my test plants. She rebounded nicely. I hate she was stunted. I have another one planted so I’m excited to get all these from my test run out of the tent.

Attachments

• 37B2D7BC-A2EC-4F43-BA65-9E7A90A0910F.jpeg
    37B2D7BC-A2EC-4F43-BA65-9E7A90A0910F.jpeg
    798.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 4AEDDFE0-2FFB-43D8-A058-0AA8DC40C526.jpeg
    4AEDDFE0-2FFB-43D8-A058-0AA8DC40C526.jpeg
    785.4 KB · Views: 60
Im switching to MC this weekend...... I’m in 3rd week of flower. So the question is can I use full strength 6g/ per gallon or should i Start low and slow?

They are adult plants. Give 'em 6.

They are adult plants. Give 'em 6.
I'd give her one feed at 5gm/gal and see how she does. If she's OK, or show signs of a deficiency take it to 6gm/gal for the next feeding.

Different growers do things differently. If I were in your shoes, I'd take farside05's advice over that Old Salt fellow. Farside05 has more experience with Mega Crop.

Different growers do things differently. If I were in your shoes, I'd take farside05's advice over that Old Salt fellow. Farside05 has more experience with Mega Crop.

Don't sell yourself short Old Salt, those GDP's could grace my tent anytime, as long as you keep the bugs that is.

Day 32 after planting the germ seeds. They had a little bit of deficiency around transplant time, but are bouncing back nicely. MegaCrop is doing its job.

IMG_1707.JPG

Don't sell yourself short Old Salt, those GDP's could grace my tent anytime, as long as you keep the bugs that is.

My approach is more cautious than yours in this case. Both approaches will work, but with the greater experience you have with Mega Crop, I think yours will give faster results.

PS: I'll keep the plants. The bugs seem to be disappearing from my tent. A double dose of nematodes has got them munching on the larva fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom