The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok .. so far it seems confirmed 500ppm is the common US scale..

by common i refer to the ppm scale you are gonna get if say, ordering a pen from the big river

700ppm is the common UK / european scale ... great. oh yeah, australia is a dog's breakfast... :straightface:

since :420: is north american based, i am leaning heavily to the 500 ppm scale as standard for the thread.

I would default to EC, honestly. Then you know what it is, and there is no confusion over conversions. If someone wanted TDS or PPM, they can then do the math.

The other option is all 3. 1EC/500TDS/700PPM, or 1.5EC/750TDS/1050PPM, etc.

Now this may not be "right", but when I read things it seems that the naming conventions are different.

- EC is just that, EC.

- TDS is the 500 scale from EC.

- PPM is the 700 scale from EC.

Greenleafs calculator supports measurement in all 3, plus others. Either way, for any of this EC/TDS/PPM is more an afterthought, unless there is a problem.

I would default to EC, honestly. Then you know what it is, and there is no confusion over conversions. If someone wanted TDS or PPM, they can then do the math.

The other option is all 3. 1EC/500TDS/700PPM, or 1.5EC/750TDS/1050PPM, etc.

Now this may not be "right", but when I read things it seems that the naming conventions are different.

- EC is just that, EC.

- TDS is the 500 scale from EC.

- PPM is the 700 scale from EC.

Greenleafs calculator supports measurement in all 3, plus others. Either way, for any of this EC/TDS/PPM is more an afterthought, unless there is a problem.

I stayed away from EC/TDS/PPM, even with the GH Flora Trio. I went with % label recommendation in ml, that way there was never any confusion. I would just leave the EC out of the discussion with Mega Crop, and leave it in gm/US gal.

i think it's going in as an asterisk * .... but only because north america.
there is some housekeeping stuff i think i am putting at the very end... this would be one of them.

we are already at g/gal for the main body of the conversation.. i think we'll leave it there, and just mention that ec is the definitive, and the 500 scale is the default for ppm, for purposes of conversation in the thread..

if any new folk are turned around we can get them set right quickly within the thread.

If you're taking a vote, I cast mine for ec. I think all ways are an approximation with MC, since it's not homogenous. I just find it easier than measuring both grams and/or volumes of water. Way easier to tweak to get exactly where I want. YMMV!

i think we all agree. it's going in as an asterisk, but it will be clear that ec is the definitive measurement if living by that style.

"ppm" in thread conversation, with no further clarification added, will refer to a number based on the 500 scale, as this board and thread is north american based.

edit: maybe we don't all agree, ... but i'm writing it ...... muwahahahaha :cheesygrinsmiley:

CD95EBF2-1A6E-479A-A3C8-306FDA43451D.png

It’s in 420’s Gallery . Plus I always turn the ec off and use ppm . When I order the pin I get the Hanna scale . I see the truncheon scale rarely.
All three are ppm ?

All three are ppm ?

yes. there are more than that as well. the 500 and 700 scales are based off KaCl and NaCl. other scales are based off other stable elements.

I'm a newbie using grams per gallon. I picked up plenty of info of this thread to keep things growing. Adjust .5 gram onr way or the other as the plants request. That's the plan so far anyways. Have a great night

Edit: I didn't realize I was like a page back when I commented. Still true though.

How long can MC stay premixed in containers? Anything that is affected by light or lack of air? Couldnt find anything in this thread.
I mix mine the day before with air so I can adjust the ph for hydro. Overnight with the air the ph starts at 5.6-5.7 and will rise to 6.1-6.3 .

I mix mine the day before with air so I can adjust the ph for hydro. Overnight with the air the ph starts at 5.6-5.7 and will rise to 6.1-6.3 .

True. I've found similar on my RDWC. I mix up 50gal of water at a time. I start with mixing it all in a 5gal bucket with a drill paddle, then add to barrel and give it more of the paddle, and finally let it circulate for an hour or so before pumping. At that point the pH is typically 5.8-6.0. I'm fine with that and pump it in. The next day I'll add 10ml of pH down as it will have risen to 6.2-6.3 at that point. If I add silica, then I have to use pH down before pumping into the system. At that point I shoot for 5.6, and let it rise for a couple days.

How long can MC stay premixed in containers? Anything that is affected by light or lack of air? Couldnt find anything in this thread.

I posted it earlier, but it can be hard to find. I asked GLN about this and the answer was that Mega Crop was good for 'weeks if not months' when mixed.

2/18/20 day 19 flower
Everything is going great, i might go as far to say my best grow yet, im digging the MC
Mixed up some feed, 6 gal ro feeding at 5.5 grams a gallon
12mls silica blast
6mls calimagic
33gs MC
Ph 5.9
Rh 42%
Temp 76°f
20200218_085840.jpg

Green Crack (back)
Super silver haze little (front left)
Super silver haze big (front right)

Day 38 of 12/12 Flood&drain
Dosidos stayed low , shiny girl and beefing up .
WW is a frosty one .
Went back to 6.5 grams a gallon with 15 mL calimagic. Tips are all blown now , lightly blown on the dosidos !

WW is a frosty one .
Went back to 6.5 grams a gallon with 15 mL calimagic. Tips are all blown now , lightly blown on the dosidos !

@West Hippie , man you have 'em packed in. Looks like a jungle in there! :Rasta:

I posted it earlier, but it can be hard to find. I asked GLN about this and the answer was that Mega Crop was good for 'weeks if not months' when mixed.

i'm going to add a proviso to this....

if you pre-mix and store, make sure it is kept in an airtight container which does not allow light through.
have noticed long term stored MC mix developing algae, when not kept properly.

it doesn't take much to store it correctly after mixing either. just don't be lax about it.

WW is a frosty one .

looks like you were a touch hot ... the deep green with a bit of waxy sheen looks like n overload

Thanks for the info Salty if I my call you that I was thinkin about that yesterday as I feed with drip system for drain to waste in coco mixing up 5 gals at a time will make for a better balanced mix IMO

Thanks for the info Salty if I my call you that I was thinkin about that yesterday as I feed with drip system for drain to waste in coco mixing up 5 gals at a time will make for a better balanced mix IMO

I mix no more than the plants can use in a week. I weigh my water to get the correct amount each time using a kitchen scale for four liters or less, and a luggage scale for 10 and 18 liter batches (1 l = 1Kg). I bought a 60l canoe barrel for my irrigation tank, since my plants have gone through 18l in less than two days. That should let me leave home for up to a week if I want.

I'm only going to buy the smaller bags of Mega Crop until they release the version with the ground up balls. That version should be homogeneous so we no longer will need to worry about the ball to powder ratios.

I mix no more than the plants can use in a week. I weigh my water to get the correct amount each time using a kitchen scale for four liters or less, and a luggage scale for 10 and 18 liter batches (1 l = 1Kg). I bought a 60l canoe barrel for my irrigation tank, since my plants have gone through 18l in less than two days. That should let me leave home for up to a week if I want.

I'm only going to buy the smaller bags of Mega Crop until they release the version with the ground up balls. That version should be homogeneous so we no longer will need to worry about the ball to powder ratios.
Again thanks for the heads up I was just getting ready to buy the 22lb bag for now I'll opt fot the smallest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom