The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about finished my first grow.

Not sure what fert you were running prior but how would you compare the two? And you have used nothing along with it.

Not sure what fert you were running prior but how would you compare the two? And you have used nothing along with it.

I used the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. The harvest with Mega Crop in the 2' x 4' tent beat all but my last harvest with GH. I attribute that to experience with GH, and expect to eventually beat that and harvest a full pound from that tent after a few grows.

When I harvest the large plant in the Mars Hydro 3' x 3' tent, I'm replacing it with another 2' x 4' and will switch to a perpetual grow. One ten will have 12/12 lighting for photoperiod flowering, the other 18/6 for everything else.

I thought I was subscribed to this thread but just found out I wasn't, but am now. be following along if you don't mind!

20200222_163643.jpg
20200222_163654.jpg
20200222_163701.jpg
20200222_163643.jpg
20200222_163654.jpg

I made it to page 42 and couldn't wait any longer. I got the 1000g sample about mid January. I was still in veg and manifolded my plants. First indoor run, 10 years outdoors though. 600w hps, 10 gal fabric pots. Soil is dr earth, a mix of "pot of gold" and "container mix", with added perlite. I was using the dreaded AN Conasouir due to gorilla growing and self phing so I thought I could mix with creek water and go. It worked to get some good bud but the quality was nothing to my promix amended with ewc and let her go. I learned alot and switched in January to Mega crop and domt know what to do with 1L bottles of this AN crap. Sorry I'm upset I got ripped off alot of money for awile. I'm strictly using MC on these since mid January. They are 3 weeks from flip to the day and 2 weeks flower?? I domt understand completely how the flower schedules indoors work out I just check trichs towards end of September until harvest. I give them 5g per gal and its tap and ro mix that I like. My ph is 8.4 out of tap and 130 ppm so I may not need to but have had it so used it. The left one is Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose and the right one is DNA Genetics Gelato Sorbet. It's very dark. Sorry if this is too long. I'm completely new to forums, it's so evil here still I have to hide but we are wonderful people that give back more to the community than some local businesses. I need to be a local politician. Lol

Nice, I was concerned I didnt let them veg long enough for the larger flat size I was going for. Lost 2 tops by growers mistake of over cut. Definitely a different approach than outdoor. I did do alot of research on indoor first. My climate stays 83 day and 68 at night with a constant humidity of 50% for right now, then dial it down a little more as the buds swell. Is 600w hps enough to penetrate or do I need to remove popcorn stuff? Outdoors I tie them all out in different directions. Looks like a big spike with all the side branches coming up as mains so I dont have any larf that way but I cant lay these flat the way I like it. ;-) Lol

20200222_163643.jpg
20200222_163654.jpg
20200222_163701.jpg
20200222_163643.jpg
20200222_163654.jpg

I made it to page 42 and couldn't wait any longer. I got the 1000g sample about mid January. I was still in veg and manifolded my plants. First indoor run, 10 years outdoors though. 600w hps, 10 gal fabric pots. Soil is dr earth, a mix of "pot of gold" and "container mix", with added perlite. I was using the dreaded AN Conasouir due to gorilla growing and self phing so I thought I could mix with creek water and go. It worked to get some good bud but the quality was nothing to my promix amended with ewc and let her go. I learned alot and switched in January to Mega crop and domt know what to do with 1L bottles of this AN crap. Sorry I'm upset I got ripped off alot of money for awile. I'm strictly using MC on these since mid January. They are 3 weeks from flip to the day and 2 weeks flower?? I domt understand completely how the flower schedules indoors work out I just check trichs towards end of September until harvest. I give them 5g per gal and its tap and ro mix that I like. My ph is 8.4 out of tap and 130 ppm so I may not need to but have had it so used it. The left one is Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose and the right one is DNA Genetics Gelato Sorbet. It's very dark. Sorry if this is too long. I'm completely new to forums, it's so evil here still I have to hide but we are wonderful people that give back more to the community than some local businesses. I need to be a local politician. Lol
Nice job, @IowaFarmer ! Would love to see some pics of her in natural light, if possible. And welcome (or not) to the club of folks who switched to Mega Crop and now give their remaining liquid nutrients the hairy eyeball! I switched too, and doubt if I'll ever go back. I plan to try using the liquid nutes on my house plants and outdoor flowers. I haven't researched it yet, but a user on this site told me it will work! :Rasta:

I will get some with the lights off tomorrow for sure. I need to see them with out the hps too, really see what I need to in normal lighting. I will check into the repurposing of my nutes. Definitely not food crop, I learned the chelation process of the AN is EDDHA AND EDTA! Where I'm from that is poison. I'm really torn I used this outside on my precious land. I may not own it but we really nurture and care in that sense here in iowa but as caring for their people its aweful. We spend more money to bust pot smokers and ppl that use it for legit medical purposes than we do on opioid or drug abuse in general. That's a major red flag in my book

So with my use of MC this far I'm going to make it my only nutrient I use, if harvest quality is good, yield is second to me. Aside from the kelp meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, and fish emulsion along with mykos that are in all my dr earth products for outdoors only. I need to restore outside areas I used AN on and get some dignity back from what I did. Indoors silicon and MC only. If I could add just more calcium I would. From a tissue sample 10% of dry weight was calcium and the N and K together were 9%....p was 7th down in % of dry weight. These are leaf tissue samples. It's from an interview on dude grows podcast with a very smart person from dyna you know. Lol

. If I could add just more calcium I would.

there is modest room for a 2-0-0 or 1-0-0 cal mag product - 1/4 to 1/2 strength. more may risk n tox. there are also cal-mag sources with no n available as well. both have been covered in the thread.

will probably mention the cal-mag in the primer getting built for this thread

I actually have some 1-0-0 from techna when i got their starter box to side by side with an. An won between the 2 clones, grown withen meters of each other in the same soil. Made me use it exclusively and I'm soo happy I stumbled across MC. I domt know where or how but I do know I like the amino acid chelate alot better. Harley Smith from npk university says clacium is king as well and amino acid helps the uptake by like 5000 times or something crazy. His videos are amazing peices of information. Obviously slinging their raw product to spoon feed but very good info none the less.

I actually have some 1-0-0 from techna when i got their starter box to side by side with an. An won between the 2 clones, grown withen meters of each other in the same soil. Made me use it exclusively and I'm soo happy I stumbled across MC. I domt know where or how but I do know I like the amino acid chelate alot better. Harley Smith from npk university says clacium is king as well and amino acid helps the uptake by like 5000 times or something crazy. His videos are amazing peices of information. Obviously slinging their raw product to spoon feed but very good info none the less.

the greenleaf site is a great info resource and i encourage anyone interested to go through it

this is getting built for the thread but is mostly for super new folk

Here are the rest of my girls. Still running against the wind!

Wow Jack! I wish mine were that far. I started mine very end of October in DWC. What a Fiasco that was. Lol. I had everything I could possibly need for equipment after saving up for a year. They took off fast then manifold started then dingy roots. Took rez change daily and with 3 younger kids and a wife i couldn't do that to them and be messing around all the time. Put them in the big 10g bag cuz roots were soo big. I hope that those roots give me buds like that.

Do you guys trim any little bud sites down low?End of week 3 from flip and outside I'd leave it, o dont have larf, but I'm not sure of the penetration depth of a 600w hps. O, please direct me to where I should ask this. From what I've read I'm of topic and hijacking a thread or something...

As far as my reading goes, HPS is better at spreading over a wider area, while LED is better at penetrating deep into the canopy to lower nodes. I use LED, and I still chop the lower stuff off, as the canopy is so thick, nothing's getting thru. By chopping off the stuff that's low down, and really not getting lit, you're essentially removing "leech buds" which will suck the nutrients up that could have gone to the big colas, making them even bigger, and more potent. All you're losing is popcorn bud that will never amount to much, and fan leaves that aren't pulling their weight by photosynthesizing (spelling?). You'll have better circulation, so there's less chance of and mold setting in on your buds, and your humidity will drop a bit easier, which you want as low as you can get, in flower. Just my opinion, but I'd defoliate for sure.

20200215_201842.jpg 20200213_211714.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom