The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I noticed, is that I've got algae growing in my nutrient pails. I didn't get that with the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. I'm sterilizing them with bleach, and will keep an eye on it.

it's "vegan".... which means organics can feed off it.
sort of the neighbour across the hall from organic.

it's "vegan".... which means organics can feed off it.
sort of the neighbour across the hall from organic.

If I see it again, I'll switch to light tight pails. The white plastic pails I'm using let some light through. No light, no algae.

It's not catastrophic if you see it. It's something to be aware can happen, just like in any hydroponic system. Keeping the light out of the nutrient solution is a standard practice with them. I can adapt.

Thinking on this, to try and see if it really is true, I'm very, very tempted to try an isolated DWC bucket and ignore the pH just to see what happens. I think I have a "junk" seed laying around, so if it blows up, no biggie. Results should be pretty evident within a very short period of time.

Either that or when I top my Lemon drop in about a week, I could take the cutting, root it, and try from that.

Hmmmm.... I know it killed the cat, but I sure am curious.
I just tried this as @Jack420 s girls where about 6 inches tall . My ro water was 7.2 ph (my city water is 8.3 ) and the 20 grams of MC brought the ph to 6.13 and moved up only . I phed it to 5.6 and watched it rise to 6.0 then changed the water and nutrients!

Something else I noticed, is that I've got algae growing in my nutrient pails. I didn't get that with the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. I'm sterilizing them with bleach, and will keep an eye on it.
Z-7 will keep that from happening! I noticed I had to use it as instructed 1/2 mL a gallon every three days . If it bubbles to the top it’s working hard !

Mine also has light goin in now lid cracked a bit

gorilla-tape.jpg

Just like Frank's Red Hot...

I put that shit on everything. :laugh::rofl::laugh:

Seriously though, this is some really good stuff, and has that reflective diamond pattern to it. Lids, repairs, pipes, whatever.

maybe mix, go, and not worry.

unless you are solidly rdwc it doesn't matter. haven't heard any rdwc guys citing it as an issue.
then again, i'm not sure who is running rdwc in this thread.

I will be before too much longer. I currently expect to be dropping seeds for it in about 2 weeks.

I won't lie. I am slightly nervous about running it in RDWC. Why? Well, several slight concerns.

First, I've noticed it's turning my perlite brown. While I have no proof, I wonder if it will stain my roots? If so, it could make it more difficult to spot root issues. Also, other coloration issues with pipes and internal parts. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Second is the suspension issues. This is less of a concern, I'll admit, but still a concern none the less. I think the circulation flow should keep it stirred up, but it will need an eye kept on it to make sure there isn't a buildup of sediment.

Third, and just recently added to the list, is this "scum" layer. I'm guessing from reading that it's a slimy film of sorts. If so, z7 should take care of that.

I'm not overly concerned with any of this, but they are still concerns. My revised RDWC will hold approximately 65 gallons total. The big bag of MC should last me about 52 weeks of growing (off the top of my head, as I figured 65 weeks with my slightly smaller capacity.)

Makes for about $25/grow in nutes. Next closest would probably be Jacks, which from the looks of it (with long term use, buying in bulk) would work out to $35-$40/grow. If I had to use something else? GH trio, etc? Yikes! It would be flood and drain with MC, RDWC be damed. :laugh::laugh:

I will be before too much longer. I currently expect to be dropping seeds for it in about 2 weeks.

I won't lie. I am slightly nervous about running it in RDWC. Why? Well, several slight concerns.

First, I've noticed it's turning my perlite brown. While I have no proof, I wonder if it will stain my roots? If so, it could make it more difficult to spot root issues. Also, other coloration issues with pipes and internal parts. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Second is the suspension issues. This is less of a concern, I'll admit, but still a concern none the less. I think the circulation flow should keep it stirred up, but it will need an eye kept on it to make sure there isn't a buildup of sediment.

Third, and just recently added to the list, is this "scum" layer. I'm guessing from reading that it's a slimy film of sorts. If so, z7 should take care of that.

I'm not overly concerned with any of this, but they are still concerns. My revised RDWC will hold approximately 65 gallons total. The big bag of MC should last me about 52 weeks of growing (off the top of my head, as I figured 65 weeks with my slightly smaller capacity.)

Makes for about $25/grow in nutes. Next closest would probably be Jacks, which from the looks of it (with long term use, buying in bulk) would work out to $35-$40/grow. If I had to use something else? GH trio, etc? Yikes! It would be flood and drain with MC, RDWC be damed. :laugh::laugh:
I run a circulation pump when it calls for the supply pump to feed . I wiped my reservoir out with a rag ! Still bleached it then alcohol and H2O2 for the final wipe down . I’m running the flood and drain trays . Circulation pump top right !

just got a call about the trichomes turning in the jungle room. wasn't even thinking of them for another coupla wks.
need to get there in the next 2 days and check proper. i might be looking at a chop already.

will get a pic or two when i go

Sounds like something else is going on Mike... I don't see any reason why MC would cause soft buds since all the phosphorus and potassium that is needed is in the MC... but maybe you will want to use the nutrient supplement calculator on the MC site and figure out how much PK they recommend that you give at the end, because surely that will add to making harder nugs. But soft?? My buds havent been soft since week 5. Something else is wrong. Are you sure the plants are that close to ready? Has your lighting changed? I have seen this happen when a HID light is run past its replacement date and the lumens are way down...

I have a concern. Since switch to mc I have two plants within a week ready. The problem is I always used advanced nutes and rock resonator. My buds are so soft with mc. Hard as a rock with the old stuff and I’m really wondering why?? I mean soggy soft?
Interesting. I haven't experienced that myself so I'm not going to be much help.

Somebody asked earlier if MC stains your roots.
It definitely adds some color. Doesn't bother me at all.
GN Flora series always colored up my roots as well.

IMG_20191118_075746239.jpgIMG_20191118_080000347.jpg

I'm at day 45 in flower with the cloner.
15 days on the MC.

IMG_20191118_075724796.jpgIMG_20191118_075659953.jpgIMG_20191118_075839777.jpg

I have a concern. Since switch to mc I have two plants within a week ready. The problem is I always used advanced nutes and rock resonator. My buds are so soft with mc. Hard as a rock with the old stuff and I’m really wondering why?? I mean soggy soft?
Mine were solid buds also ! I came from advanced nutrients.

Hey everyone, questions for y'all. I see many are trying out the MC, and I've been wondering what strains are you growing? Just curious is all. I'm planning on starting this week, time permitting, and I'm trying to decide which strains to plant. I have 6 spots, I know one maybe 2 will be DP Auto Mazar. Also I have some Ace Seeds Auto Zamal's that they are going to release next year. I might save these for outside this summer, don't know yet.
Deciding on the other 4 spots is killing me, lol, I can't make up my mind! Here's what I've got , any thoughts? Have you run any of them?

20191116_171836.jpg

Are these all autos or are you going to try to mix autos and photos? Dutch Passion has some good auto genetics, so those could be big girls. They tend to run a bit longer than they say, but when is that not true of most seed companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom