The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Had the perlite. I put that s@it in everything.

Take the Mrs out to dinner on the $60 saved and she may even help you mix it together.

Kids! Playing in the dirt again! Can I bring my Tonka Excavator?

You had the Excavator? You musta been the man in the sandbox. All I had was the Jeep. I had to borrow the dump truck.

A nutrient supplier that has an accurate calculator that you don't have to cut in half to start with? Am I taking crazy pills? :D :D :D

Well, crap. I'm on the fence for this really hard. I have about a 2 week window before my new build will be ready. I have enough of the GH Trio to get about halfway through a full grow, but I'm really, really tempted by the MC. Seeing @West Hippie and his hydro results are what is really throwing me to the wolves.

The GH stuff I have on hand is:

- Flora Series Trio (Flora Gro/Bloom/Micro)
- FloraKleen
- FloraBlend
- Floralicious Plus
- Liquid KoolBloom
- Rapid Start

I would hate for it to go to waste, but I will need to pick up another quart each of the base nutes for the full grow. I'm down to just over a pint I'm guessing, and a full grow in the new system (going by half their chart, and previous use notes) should run me about a quart of each, just over maybe. Of course that's an average grow of 4 weeks in veg, a transition week or two, and then about 9 weeks in flower. Just a tick over half of a quart bottle of each.

So the short of that is a quart of each runs about $35, give or take. Then I'm still buying nutes for the run after that anyway. So where the fence comes in is do I stick with what I know, or go for it and be set for a couple grows with MC.

Hmmmmm...

Damn it, brain. Knock it off! :D :D :D
That brain can be a real problem! I am going through issues with mine too, and it's not even that big!

That brain can be a real problem! I am going through issues with mine too, and it's not even that big!

The one part system, that would free me from 11 bottles got me very interested. Mega Crop costing less than just the Flora Bloom for a grow was the final nail in General Hydroponics' coffin for me.

Attachments

• 63B12A69-7B41-4AF1-878E-C8D284E2783D.png
    63B12A69-7B41-4AF1-878E-C8D284E2783D.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 51
But you are adding cal-mag above the MC, so if you're short on balls you make up for it with the cal-mag. I prefer to make sure I'm never short on balls.
All this talk about balls is cracking me up! :p

Just got my free 500g bag of Mega Crop. Been using Advance Nutrients entire grow but I think I will just try this from here on out for my grow. Starting week 4 of flowering tomorrow and i will need to water my plants once again. Be interesting to see if the bud sites just start blowing up once I switch things over. If it works like I’m hoping it will. Then I will be ordering that 33lbs bag off amazon as a nice Xmas gift for myself :D

Hiya, Hiya, Hiya, y'all. Jumping in...

Started MegaCrop this week...the girls are at 3 weeks in flower (I flipped on 10/24 and left the lights off for 60 hours before turning on for 12/12)...previous fertilizers were varied (very), but mostly successful... I just started my journal last night, so it's sparse still but will be adding back the last 2 months of pics soon...

Can't wait to share and learn!

20191114_183204.jpg

IMAG1359.jpg

Current Journal

Just got my free 500g bag of Mega Crop. Been using Advance Nutrients entire grow but I think I will just try this from here on out for my grow. Starting week 4 of flowering tomorrow and i will need to water my plants once again. Be interesting to see if the bud sites just start blowing up once I switch things over. If it works like I’m hoping it will. Then I will be ordering that 33lbs bag off amazon as a nice Xmas gift for myself :D

Mine are starting week 4 as well - we can run the race together! :)

Mine are starting week 4 as well - we can run the race together! :)

be interesting to compare between the 2 of us. Hoping to be finished by Xmas myself

Just harvested my runt, the White Tahoe Cookie. She grew out funny from day one and foxtailed herself to the fridge for a slo 'n dry.

She is going to be tasty though!

Question about foxtailing...

Lots of folks seem to be turned off by it cause it looks weird? Do y'all always harvest it when you see it or do you still wait for trichomes to be the level of cloudy/clear/amber you are going for?

Speaking of trichomes... Has anyone tried harvesting an indica(hybrid) early (low or no cloudy tric's) to see if the body high switches to a head high? Conversely if you wait for any strain of indica or sativa until all cloudy and lots of amber, will it almostalways be a mostly couchlock high regardless?

I'm way to new ay this to have any experience in that, but in all the reading I've been doing, it seems a worthwhile experiment. I'm going to be cobbing a good proportion of my crop also, probably taking an early cola from each girl and a late one (2-3 weeks apart?) to compare the effect.

Lots of folks seem to be turned off by it cause it looks weird? Do y'all always harvest it when you see it or do you still wait for trichomes to be the level of cloudy/clear/amber you are going for?
My experience is the trichs don't turn amber and you have to use your judgement and the breeder's flowering time. Mine was well within the breeders window and you can see lots of fade too.
To me there's nothing wrong with foxtailing if it's the right type.

Speaking of trichomes... Has anyone tried harvesting an indica(hybrid) early (low or no cloudy tric's) to see if the body high switches to a head high? Conversely if you wait for any strain of indica or sativa until all cloudy and lots of amber, will it almostalways be a mostly couchlock high regardless?

I'm way to new ay this to have any experience in that, but in all the reading I've been doing, it seems a worthwhile experiment. I'm going to be cobbing a good proportion of my crop also, probably taking an early cola from each girl and a late one (2-3 weeks apart?) to compare the effect.

A staggered harvest is a great idea to find out the best time to harvest a strain for yourself. I like more amber in my nighttime meds. Others prefer a speedier high that doesn't put them to sleep. It's always best to go by the trichomes. The timing can vary due to changes in the environment between grows.

N bye the way since I upped my nutes my plant that had some coned leafs are showing normal new growth so think we kicked that one

@MrSauga I noticed on your White Tahoe Cookie, that almost every leaf tip was "nute burned". On the two plants I harvested about a month ago, they both showed the same "tip burn" having been on 6g/gal of MC for the last month of their lives. Besides that, my plants looked fine and I got a good harvest. I really don't see it as something to be too concerned about. I was wondering what your thoughts are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom