The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you journaling your current grow?

Linked in my signature under Grow #3, but I have a daily picture update of my grow on grow diaries under the same user name here

@MrSauga I noticed on your White Tahoe Cookie, that almost every leaf tip was "nute burned". On the two plants I harvested about a month ago, they both showed the same "tip burn" having been on 6g/gal of MC for the last month of their lives. Besides that, my plants looked fine and I got a good harvest. I really don't see it as something to be too concerned about. I was wondering what your thoughts are.
If you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough. --'70's Grower's Adage

If you aren't at least burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough. --'70's Grower's Adage

i'm known to push things....
we're running 2.2gMC / 1Lro. which is pulling back from where we were lol :p

My experience is the trichs don't turn amber and you have to use your judgement and the breeder's flowering time. Mine was well within the breeders window and you can see lots of fade too.
To me there's nothing wrong with foxtailing if it's the right type.

I just chopped a WW tonight. Very few Amber trichomes, but it was 12wks. It was time. Her sister is next, so much for the breeders time frames, lol.
Then my next grow starts next week. MCrop and FFOF. Already have everything I need just need to start the seeds.

Editing...
Today's Project:

Thanks are due to @West Hippie for the idea of using a wave generator to mix the nutrient solution. This is my take on a mount for 5 US gallon buckets. The suction pad in the mount supplied with the wave generator was removed, and a 6mm (1/4") bolt is used to secure it to the PVC mounting bracket. A hole will be drilled in the lid. The male and female thread adapters will be used to clamp the assembly to the lid. I may need to add a plate to the lid to stabilize the assembly. Today will tell.

full

Parts for Mixer Assembly

She's running now. I tossed in 9gms / gal (42.75gm / 18l) as that's 1-1/2 times the 6gm/gal recommended for flower. I'll let it run for 30 minutes, then check it in the morning. I'm hoping to wake up and find it in a solution, without any solids in the bottom of the pail.

If all is good, I'll remove six liters of the solution, and add six liters of water to bring it back to 6gm/gal. Why waste perfectly good nutrients, even if the cost is low?

It's now almost a week since I mixed this batch of nutrients. As you can see, there still are precipitates which have fallen out of the suspension. The next step will be to try mixing for 30 minutes when I make the solution, and then for 15 minutes every eight hours for two days.

full

Mega Crop - Precipitates Falling out of the Suspension

maybe mix, go, and not worry.

unless you are solidly rdwc it doesn't matter. haven't heard any rdwc guys citing it as an issue.
then again, i'm not sure who is running rdwc in this thread.

@MrSauga I noticed on your White Tahoe Cookie, that almost every leaf tip was "nute burned". On the two plants I harvested about a month ago, they both showed the same "tip burn" having been on 6g/gal of MC for the last month of their lives. Besides that, my plants looked fine and I got a good harvest. I really don't see it as something to be too concerned about. I was wondering what your thoughts are.
This ^^

I always try and run mine at the high end. When I see tip burn I know I hit my sweet spot. I then back off in 10% increments(usually just once) and things go from there. I know they say to judge by the green, but I judge by the tips.

:Rasta:

maybe mix, go, and not worry.

unless you are solidly rdwc it doesn't matter. haven't heard any rdwc guys citing it as an issue.
then again, i'm not sure who is running rdwc in this thread.

It wouldn't be an issue in RDWC. Most if not all RDWCs don't use filters that may get clogged. The folks that may have problems are the ones running aeroponic systems, and automatic watering systems that have small apertures. Those could clog up. So far what I'm seeing is that parts of Mega Crop form a solution, and others are suspended in that solution. I'm looking for a way to get all of the Mega Crop component into solution. If this is not possible, then we may need to use a filter to protect our emitters.

It wouldn't be an issue in RDWC. Most if not all RDWCs don't use filters that may get clogged. The folks that may have problems are the ones running aeroponic systems, and automatic watering systems that have small apertures. Those could clog up. So far what I'm seeing is that parts of Mega Crop form a solution, and others are suspended in that solution. I'm looking for a way to get all of the Mega Crop component into solution. If this is not possible, then we may need to use a filter to protect our emitters.

makes sense. MC is probably killer in those undercurrent systems with lines approaching a couple inch diameter.

can see areoponics being a bitch with it. it is marketed as a hydro nute, which calls the whole floating particle thing in to question.

when i first did dwc ( dribble systems ) in the 80's, all our nutes were dry. the grow shops used to pre-mix them up and sell them in baggies with a photocopied set of instructions lol. MC reminds me of that a lot.

I know some members don't have a sediment problem, but I think for the most part MC will form a scum layer and sediment on the bottom. I find if mine sits out at room temp for 24 hours then I have a slight scum on the surface and quite a bit of sediment in the bottom.
It stirs up quickly and the MC reps say it will last a while like that out in the open. Me, I'm not a believer so I only make what I need for a single watering. I stir mine up all the time out of habit. Before I dunk my 1L watering jug that mix gets stirred, even if it's only been 5 minutes since I last used it.
That's just me though and I'm in soil.

yeah i'm in hempy and stir between feeding each plant.

i'm using ro, and notice i don't get near the precipitate others do. hazarding a guess it's binding with something in the water.

yeah i'm in hempy and stir between feeding each plant.

i'm using ro, and notice i don't get near the precipitate others do. hazarding a guess it's binding with something in the water.

Could be, or it just could be material that's not soluble in water. For now, I'm just giving it a quick stir before I water.

Could be, or it just could be material that's not soluble in water. For now, I'm just giving it a quick stir before I water.

i dunno how much you mix, but have you tried zapping it in the mic ?

i premix in a small jar, shake it, zap it ( lidless ), shake again, and add to rest of the water. i notice the stuff dissolves extremely well. would be curious to see if that is as effective, the same, or better than a mixer. mixer is the only method i haven't tried the zap against.

i dunno how much you mix, but have you tried zapping it in the mic ?

i premix in a small jar, shake it, zap it ( lidless ), shake again, and add to rest of the water. i notice the stuff dissolves extremely well. would be curious to see if that is as effective, the same, or better than a mixer. mixer is the only method i haven't tried the zap against.

I mix 18 liters or just shy of five US gallons at a time. I've tried mixing the full amount of MC in one liter of hot water, just shy of boiling. I still get the precipitate. I do appreciate not having to grind my balls with the wave generator. I can just dump the MC into the pail of water, run the wave generator for half an hour, and they disappear.

Something else I noticed, is that I've got algae growing in my nutrient pails. I didn't get that with the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. I'm sterilizing them with bleach, and will keep an eye on it.

Something else I noticed, is that I've got algae growing in my nutrient pails. I didn't get that with the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. I'm sterilizing them with bleach, and will keep an eye on it.
Wow really shyt makes me want to go check mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom