The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo. look what arrived today. got to love Amazon prime. next day delivery and is thankfully V3 I assume by the packs spec. Feel like a big boy now.heehee let's see if I can fry these auto's. lol going to half the rec dosage of 10.98g/10lt for my vegging and also a little dose of silica. Will be interesting to see how it helps the paler girls. followed the QR code on packet to an excellent starting page and videos. Nice to be "in the club " and it not mean another mouth to feed for a change.
20191119_142424.jpg
20191119_141228.jpg
20191119_140925.jpg

Woohoo. look what arrived today. got to love Amazon prime. next day delivery and is thankfully V3 I assume by the packs spec. Feel like a big boy now.heehee let's see if I can fry these auto's. lol going to half the rec dosage of 10.98g/10lt for my vegging and also a little dose of silica. Will be interesting to see how it helps the paler girls. followed the QR code on packet to an excellent starting page and videos. Nice to be "in the club " and it not mean another mouth to feed for a change.
20191119_142424.jpg
20191119_141228.jpg
20191119_140925.jpg
Time for the fun to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon brought mine today too! There's no point pretending I can wait til next crop to try it, so do you guys figure their dosing recommendations are relatively suitable? I've got a Barney's Farm Pink Kush and a Seedsman Cheese in coco at 26 days 12/12. I was thinking of trying 4g per gallon for a first dose is that crazy in any way? I'd rather be a little low if anything, since I feed daily+ it doesn't matter much.

Amazon brought mine today too! There's no point pretending I can wait til next crop to try it, so do you guys figure their dosing recommendations are relatively suitable? I've got a Barney's Farm Pink Kush and a Seedsman Cheese in coco at 26 days 12/12. I was thinking of trying 4g per gallon for a first dose is that crazy in any way? I'd rather be a little low if anything, since I feed daily+ it doesn't matter much.

Sounds like you have a.good plan. Thanks for posting what you're actually growing. Good looking plants.

I like OldSalt's idea but I'd go right in with 6g/gallon. I can't think of a reason to go slow with a plant that far into flower.
This^ and work your way higher by .5 g every other feed.

I like OldSalt's idea but I'd go right in with 6g/gallon. I can't think of a reason to go slow with a plant that far into flower.
Agree with shed hyt them hard from the start they won’t even have a hiccup !!!!

Sounds like you have a.good plan. Thanks for posting what you're actually growing. Good looking plants.
Thanks ya they are healthy enough but my scrog went awry when I decided to tuck when I should have just let them go. Live and learn....
Gonna mix up the first batch shortly, lights on in a couple hours. Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated. I'll probably chicken out and go with 5.5 lol

going to half the rec dosage of 10.98g/10lt for my vegging and also a little dose of silica.

Woah woah woah GG....

you don't want to cut it in half at all. No sir, no way. Their feed chart is actually accurate, unlike the rest of the manufacturers. Follow the chart that @farside05 put in your journal and you'll be good. Heck, your plants may even want a little more than that. Just read them and see. :D

Thanks ya they are healthy enough but my scrog went awry when I decided to tuck when I should have just let them go. Live and learn....
Gonna mix up the first batch shortly, lights on in a couple hours. Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated. I'll probably chicken out and go with 5.5 lol

Don't chicken out. This isn't like your run of the mill nutrient bottles where it's common to cut the recommendation in half. This company is pretty spot on with their dosage, if not a tick low in some cases.

If it makes anyone feel better, just pretend the dose on their page is already cut in half via magic, then follow what is on the page. :D :D :D

Lol well I'll have to go with 5.5 tonight as I already mixed it just now. They'll be getting it again tomorrow so I can up it then.
Now I know what you all were talking about grinding balls. I'll probably do the whole bag this weekend, hopefully sift them out and give them the coffee grinder treatment.

Lol well I'll have to go with 5.5 tonight as I already mixed it just now. They'll be getting it again tomorrow so I can up it then.
Now I know what you all were talking about grinding balls. I'll probably do the whole bag this weekend, hopefully sift them out and give them the coffee grinder treatment.
Why grind? Just roll with it.

Why grind? Just roll with it.
If you are watering a small amount, I get the grinding. I'm going to do it. I fed this last crop the last 2 weeks MC and trying to break those balls was a bitch! I'll just grab one of my cuisinarts and chop it all up.

That should be a poll here.
Do you grind your balls? I haven’t and won’t unless I have an issue not doing it. I try not to breath (dust mask)the dust and handle as minimal as possible.

I don't grind them any more. That mixer I made from the wave generator makes short work of them. They're gone in less than half an hour. An air stone and aquarium air pump may do the same thing if you confine the Mega Crop in a tube. Cover the bottom with 100 micron mesh, and drill some holes higher up and cover them with the mesh too.

Maybe it would be ok on account of the frequent feeds. Does seem hard to be consistent though.
Like Dek mentioned, if you are only mixing small amounts then I can understand the grinding for uniformity. I mix a minimum of 3 gallons at a time, so I get a good mix of balls and powder. Anything I don't use goes in gallon jugs and doesn't settle out.
That should be a poll here.
Do you grind your balls? I haven’t and won’t unless I have an issue not doing it. I try not to breath (dust mask)the dust and handle as minimal as possible.
I don't find them all that difficult to dissolve in water. 30 seconds of stirring with a stick and there's nothing but brown water in the bucket. I'm not in the upper midwest but my hose isn't on the hot water line either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom