The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yess just sprayed for bugs this year there are a lot of them very humid here witch sucks it’s like all the bugs come crawling down here running from the winter lol

I found that spraying the walls, floor, and ceiling with insecticide and miticide before putting the plants in the tent works quite well. I do not spray the tent, especially not the interior.

Spraying the walls, floor, and ceiling of the room the tent is in but not the tent itself?

Yes. The insects will have to crawl into the tent, and if they are fliers will usually land a time or two before finding the tent. I don't know if it means anything, but since I started growing over three years ago, I haven't had any pests in my tents.

I was responding to you saying the stuff was lemon juice, and I said lemon juice doesn't clear chloramine from water but ascorbic acid (vitamin C) does. The link you posted said it's vitamin C and not lemon juice.
sorry mate in my noggin they are the same thing. lol never thought past their information around its use after reading about it and vit c became concentrated lemon juice to me. My bad

I just don't understand the appeal of the tent. :oops:

Limey!

You don't even understand the appeal or you don't feel you need one?
You want to see me playing with the uk , us conversions for measuring mate. made myself sick twice and still fucked it up.lol.
Thing with my character shed , I never think I know better mate and am always willing to listen and learn too. Love the openness of these forums and the banter makes it so much better for adults to show their vulnerable lack of knowledge side without ridicule or rejections. I test this theory every grow !!!!. lol
Made it to day 2 feed and now even gave the Los a watering with it to see of it will colour up the pale ladies I have. No complaints so far and all still alive !.
20191120_200820.jpg
20191120_200811.jpg
20191120_200746.jpg
20191120_093958.jpg
20191120_093953.jpg

Poor things are going to love the MegaCrop! And it looks like you have your feet on the correct legs, so all is well in some of the UK anyway ;).
That's only the 2 feet you can see mate !!!. Theres a reason Europe wants us to walk away. lol.
I am more confident from following the thread to be fair mate. Again 420 members come up with bang on the money thread. cant beat community

I just don't understand the appeal of the tent. :oops:

It contains the grow in a larger room, making it easier to control the environment.
With filtration, the smell does not move throughout the house.
A tent is generally cheaper than converting a room for growing.
A tent is quicker to set up than converting a room for growing.
Finally, those who rent their homes can take it with them.

This talk of pH is something I have been wondering about with MC in Promix HP so I did a little soil distilled water slurry test today with the soil of my last grow which I never water enough to get runoff with and as a comparison I also did one with fresh Promix HP.

The fresh soil was 5.7 pH and the old used soil was 5.2 pH so it looks like over time the MC lowers the pH more than the lime in the Promix raises it so I am toying with the idea of adding a bit of dolomite lime as I would rather be closer to 6 pH. I am going to test it for a few days.

1121.jpg

I found these links about Promix and Lime added.

I suspect it is the acidity of the peat causing the PH to go down and not MC.
Good information, thanks for sharing

Harvest time for the Cement Shoes. I neglected this plant a little and should have trained her a little better but time was not on my side. I'm still happy with the results and another successful grow with MC!

:Rasta:

You may have gotten bigger with more training, but they look flawless. Not burnt up or yellowed out. Looks like you nailed the feed regiment. Worthy of a seed catalog picture.

You may have gotten bigger with more training, but they look flawless. Not burnt up or yellowed out. Looks like you nailed the feed regiment. Worthy of a seed catalog picture.
You're correct about the training and I think I was lucky to get what I did with her. I played with several pieces of the GLN line and as you said she didn't burn up. So I know I can tinker with BE and SC and also Calmag(not GLN's) with v1 MC and have good success.

I suspect it is the acidity of the peat causing the PH to go down and not MC.
Good information, thanks for sharing
I agree it could be the peat because depending on the source I have read it has a pH of anywhere from 3.5 to 5 pH but from the info from ProMix it looks like with using a slow and fast-acting lime they have tried to counteract the peat so reading that the nitrogen in nutes raises pH too I was suspecting the MC but as I said who knows; I just know it went down over time.

I just checked them again and they each went up one pH point so still have a difference of .5 pH but 5.3 pH I think is a little low. The rule of thumb I read is 1 tablespoon per gallon but since I just need a nudge I may try 2 tbsp of lime in my 5 gallon pots. Glad you liked the info.

Harvest time for the Cement Shoes. I neglected this plant a little and should have trained her a little better but time was not on my side. I'm still happy with the results and another successful grow with MC!

:Rasta:
Not only are your buds nice and frosty more impressive to me is the health of your leaves and even your tips so late in flower; your plants are a master class in MC application Dr. Nutes... :thumb: I am still struggling with deficiencies and I am up to 9g/gal so with my next generation which are two genetically identical clones of NL I think I will experiment with a little calmag on one in flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom