The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full scoop of MC weighs 30g, so you're feeding at 7.5g per gallon
Are you using RO water?-if so you may need a smidgen of cal-mag in the mix.

Ok, i'll measure by weight also. However, it does say on the bag to use 1 full scoop for 3.5 gallons in full bloom...Are they referring filling to the line?

Filling the scoop to the line is 20g,so that's about right if you want to feed 6g/gal.

Do you mean grams and not mg? I'm thinking it's more like 4 grams she's at based on 3/4 tsp.

My bad, g not mg. At least with my spoons and scale, 1/8 tsp is 1g.

340ppm tap is on the chewy side. The higher alkalinity your water, the more pH down it takes to move it. I don't do hydro, but I've noticed Mega likes to revert to 6.5ish on its own.

New RO should fix that shit right up. :)

Speaking of which, how hard is it to go from an RO tube to a 1/2" threaded float valve?

The short of it? A pain in the ass. Major, at that. I think I have 4 diff connectors, if not 5. :rolleyes:

New RO should fix that shit right up. :)

Speaking of which, how hard is it to go from an RO tube to a 1/2" threaded float valve?

The short of it? A pain in the ass. Major, at that. I think I have 4 diff connectors, if not 5. :rolleyes:

My dad always had a 4 letter explative that went before Plumbing. It started with an F. I've carried on his tradition.

My dad always had a 4 letter explative that went before Plumbing. It started with an F. I've carried on his tradition.

Odd, I use the same. Still plumb shit though. :rofl:

Sometimes it's 7 letters though. :D

There’s nothing better than a nutrient that likes to rise for the occasion . I like to bump it down and watch it come back up . Last time my ph went south there was a major problem. Finally started another MC grow , will post a link later . 3 widows and a Do-si-dos.

There’s nothing better than a nutrient that likes to rise for the occasion . I like to bump it down and watch it come back up . Last time my ph went south there was a major problem. Finally started another MC grow , will post a link later . 3 widows and a Do-si-dos.

I'd like to hear what the MC folks have to say about the recommended pH in hydro, even though I don't do it. I know the Dyno Gro folks recommend a higher pH, like 6.2 for stability, even in hydro.

I'd like to hear what the MC folks have to say about the recommended pH in hydro, even though I don't do it. I know the Dyno Gro folks recommend a higher pH, like 6.2 for stability, even in hydro.
I have a mother plant in dwc with ro water , 20 grams MC in 4 gallon. The ro ph is 7.2-7.3 and the MC goes to 6.1-6.2 each nutrient change . I left it there Monday and by Wednesday check was 6.5 so I just brought it back to 6.0 and this morning was 6.2 so it slows down once I used acid to bring the ph down !
Definitely liking your info , even the gh calmag brings the ph down a little. Used it on the last MC grow.
My advanced nutrients alway took me to 5.5-5.6 which there sweet spot is 5.6 .

i find ph'ing with ro and MC to be super finicky. been taking less than a drop to kick it down a couple notches in 6L ro with 5.5g MC

Here's a couple note I've found perusing the MC website. One regarding pH, indirectly, and one regarding supplements.

What other supplement or product types should I run with MEGA CROP?

Nothing! Since it is a true complete formula, you do not need any other products to get the best results possible. You may want to add some pH adjuster to make sure the nutrient solution being delivered to the plants is between 5.5-6.5 pH for best absorption, this depends on your water supply and is unique to each individual farm.

Advanced growers can add in a PK booster during flowering phase, such as Bud Explosion, to ensure you are getting the maximum bloom potential.

I am used to using 8 different products as part of my current feeding plan. Are you sure you do not have any extra products that I need?

Yes, we are sure, you do not need anything else! If you feel like you need to add some extra product, you can just increase the dosage with MEGA CROP, since it already has everything in it.

Advanced growers can add in a PK booster during flowering phase, such as Bud Explosion, to ensure you are getting the maximum bloom potential.

If you do not use MEGA CROP as a base nutrient (why not?!), then we do offer a few supplements from our old product line that we will have available for purchase so you can save money by not using other brands.

Also, a few products cannot be mixed in with MEGA CROP during our manufacturing process, for example Sweet Candy has high amounts of carbohydrates/sugars, so it is best to leave it as a standalone product. As a separate product, Sweet Candy and MEGA CROP work together fine and can be mixed.

So from the above, it notes that, "You may want to add some pH adjuster to make sure the nutrient solution being delivered to the plants is between 5.5-6.5 pH for best absorption [...]"

Effectively, normal hydro range.

did not ramp up MC fast enough on the seedlings..

the plants outpaced me and required more faster on the MC than i was used to. they will do ok, but it is a valuable lesson to learn for the future.

at 5.5g MC / 6L RO.
was ramping between seedling and veg. they could handle full veg now which is about a g more.
gonna transplant within 48hrs and go to full veg strength.

working on a full update over at my journal.

I’m thinking about another half gram on Monday’s water and nutrients change. At five grams here .
B8FA6EEF-165B-4AAF-B432-C5496E52C7BA.jpeg

So I punked out guys added some cal today they ladies def was In need of some

Not surprised at that. Them Big AF LED's will do that to ya, especially once they're cranked up.

Exactly. I've been giving the @farside05 schedule (MC + a little silica and calmag) and it's been good so far. A minor hiccup, but that was probably more from the input to the promix being a high pH. Won't be an issue any more with the RO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom