The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chop day!!!! :blunt: flower day 65

Finished her out with a 7 day straight water flush. I was feeding at 6.5 g per gallon for the last week before flushing.

I'm very happy with the results. 19/20 of the clones rooted & flowered. 15/20 performed exceptionally. I could definitely use multiple cloners for a perpetual setup but I think I'll stick to manifolding monsters.

IMG_20191208_134315513.jpgIMG_20191208_134340864.jpgIMG_20191208_134358245.jpg

Nugs are sticky stanky and dense.

IMG_20191208_160301459.jpgIMG_20191208_160330393.jpgIMG_20191208_160318162.jpg

Hopefully it's at least 5 or 6 zips after it's dried & cured. I left a couple inches of the root ball on the bottoms just for show. I want them to look au natural.
IMG_20191208_161453042.jpgIMG_20191208_161758839.jpg
Congrats, thats some nice chunky bud!

Should MC be a tick... slimey/sludgey in a hydro setup?

I'm asking because I pulled up my TDS probe a few minutes ago and it had a little brown slime on it.

Now I know my first thought was, "Of fuck... go figure it's the goopies." However, this system hasn't been put into service yet, or exposed to light. 95% of the time it's general area is pitch black, save a little bit of green light from a power strip.

Now the res has been exposed to a little light, but it's sealed up. Aside from the times I've had it open for a few seconds to work on it. The tent has been closed with no light, all 4 buckets have covers over their lids at the moment too. They do have their net pots and hydroton in them, but again, the entire lids are covered with another lid.

I'm wondering if there isn't a slight circulation issue or something somewhere, and maybe the water isn't fully mixing in the res or something.

May have to dump a bottle of 3% in there, I dunno.

I can't imagine that opening the res (like when I added pH down, etc) for a few seconds now and then would do it. I guess it could, I dunno.

Thoughts?

Finished her out with a 7 day straight water flush. I was feeding at 6.5 g per gallon for the last week before flushing.

I'm very happy with the results. 19/20 of the clones rooted & flowered. 15/20 performed exceptionally. I could definitely use multiple cloners for a perpetual setup but I think I'll stick to manifolding monsters.

Hopefully it's at least 5 or 6 zips after it's dried & cured. I left a couple inches of the root ball on the bottoms just for show. I want them to look au natural.
Nice!

Should MC be a tick... slimey/sludgey in a hydro setup?

I'm asking because I pulled up my TDS probe a few minutes ago and it had a little brown slime on it.

Now I know my first thought was, "Of fuck... go figure it's the goopies." However, this system hasn't been put into service yet, or exposed to light. 95% of the time it's general area is pitch black, save a little bit of green light from a power strip.

Now the res has been exposed to a little light, but it's sealed up. Aside from the times I've had it open for a few seconds to work on it. The tent has been closed with no light, all 4 buckets have covers over their lids at the moment too. They do have their net pots and hydroton in them, but again, the entire lids are covered with another lid.

I'm wondering if there isn't a slight circulation issue or something somewhere, and maybe the water isn't fully mixing in the res or something.

May have to dump a bottle of 3% in there, I dunno.

I can't imagine that opening the res (like when I added pH down, etc) for a few seconds now and then would do it. I guess it could, I dunno.

Thoughts?

hey multi
anything organic will feed off MC. if there were microbes / bacteria etc at all from the last run they could feed on the MC if conditions are right.

it's been observed h202 does not play that well with MC. h202 primarily attacks organics, and MC sort of fits in that box.

you might have better luck with an enzymatic cleaner like hydroguard.

have often wondered how MC works in active hydro. keep us updated.

hey multi
anything organic will feed off MC. if there were microbes / bacteria etc at all from the last run they could feed on the MC if conditions are right.

it's been observed h202 does not play that well with MC. h202 primarily attacks organics, and MC sort of fits in that box.

you might have better luck with an enzymatic cleaner like hydroguard.

have often wondered how MC works in active hydro. keep us updated.

Thanks b.

Last night I added a dose of z7 about 8pm, then another one about 9:30.

Today I will be draining the setup, flushing it, and putting in a fresh batch of nutes.

This wouldn't have happened if I had kept up on the z7. I just glazed over it though since I hadn't put plants in yet. Well, lesson learned. Drain and fill it is.

morning after up pot

everyone is looking happy in the new digs

they all got a L watering in at up pot
6.5gMC / 6L RO. ph measured to 5.84, just left it as is.
ppm measured to 880. seemed high but i went with it

Thanks b.

Last night I added a dose of z7 about 8pm, then another one about 9:30.

Today I will be draining the setup, flushing it, and putting in a fresh batch of nutes.

This wouldn't have happened if I had kept up on the z7. I just glazed over it though since I hadn't put plants in yet. Well, lesson learned. Drain and fill it is.
That Z7 so expensive I use every three days if needed .

That Z7 so expensive I use every three days if needed .

Right... except I didn't have the plants in yet, so I hadn't added it since I initially filled. Needless to say that was a big f-up right there, and I should have been more prudent. Had I done like I was supposed to, instead of being complacent and thinking that no plants or light I'd be ok, this wouldn't have happened.

Oh well, live and learn it is. That's how we get better.

I may swap over to hydroguard, it's been on my mind from the start. The part that bugs me, and is why I went the z7 route, is it's only good for 6 months after you open it. Which means I can get a gallon for $50 and waste over half of it, or I can get a quart and pay $25. While I hate to waste, the gallon is about the best option I guess. I'll use about half of it on average, and pay about the same either way I guess. I'll obviously use more than 9 weeks worth, but probably not 18 weeks worth, but maybe. Guess it depends on how long in flower and veg. I dunno.

Right... except I didn't have the plants in yet, so I hadn't added it since I initially filled. Needless to say that was a big f-up right there, and I should have been more prudent. Had I done like I was supposed to, instead of being complacent and thinking that no plants or light I'd be ok, this wouldn't have happened.

Oh well, live and learn it is. That's how we get better.

I may swap over to hydroguard, it's been on my mind from the start. The part that bugs me, and is why I went the z7 route, is it's only good for 6 months after you open it. Which means I can get a gallon for $50 and waste over half of it, or I can get a quart and pay $25. While I hate to waste, the gallon is about the best option I guess. I'll use about half of it on average, and pay about the same either way I guess. I'll obviously use more than 9 weeks worth, but probably not 18 weeks worth, but maybe. Guess it depends on how long in flower and veg. I dunno.
I run them both , but the hydro guard only goes in on the water and nutrients change. I have an organic farm 1/2 mile north of me , every time the north wind blows the bugs land here !

In my dwc buckets and cloner I've only noticed a very light build up of organic matter on my airstones using MC. I use pH/ppm pens so no probes are present in my buckets. I imagine it would leave deposits on whatever is submerged.

My roots are a bit stained but definitely not slimy. Everything smells right. I don't worry about it. I just clean everything really well at rez changes.

I'm lucky to not have rez temp issues 70f-74f. Higher temps will definitely promote growth of unwanted swampy things.

Lights off, no plants. Light dose of MC (2g/gal), protekt (2ml/gal), calmag (2ml/gal)

Res temp: 66F (steady, no drift)
PPM: 920 (700 scale)
pH: 6.5 (no plants, so not overly concerned on that part for the moment)

- (4) 13gal buckets
- (1) 13gal res
- 400gph pump supplies 100/gph to each bucket via 3/4"
- 3" return

Did an initial dose of z7, but thought since no plants or light, I'd save a couple doses. Obviously a mistake on my part. I should have dosed it again when I added in the nutes, but the pH issues I had with it took my mind away from that. When I remembered, I figured with no plants or light exposure, I could be ok without adding until it was ready. Wrong answer.

Tons of DO, and micro bubbles everywhere. Each bucket (4 total) has its own airstone, and gets its supply water from the top via waterfall action.

The res also has an air diffuser, and the pump has a venturi attachment running.

(Also have an ATO res, which is plain water, and has its own airstone as well.)

So this is kinda why it's baffling me a bit. In theory, it shouldn't be there. Yet, here it is. :(

I'm getting ready to put some more res setup info in my RDWC journal, as a note.

It's a sweet setup for sure. I'm a little jelly. I need to up my game and build a new system that utilizes my space better.

It's a sweet setup for sure. I'm a little jelly. I need to up my game and build a new system that utilizes my space better.

Thanks! It's been a pain in my butt so far. I think once all the kinks are worked out and this build trouble is safely in the rear view mirror, it will be a great setup. :)

For reference, if anyone is interested, here's a link to how my res is set up and what I'm going to modify this week.

Beautiful buds

I run them both , but the hydro guard only goes in on the water and nutrients change. I have an organic farm 1/2 mile north of me , every time the north wind blows the bugs land here !

Not bad if they're ladybugs...

So continuing to read into my issue more in depth, and I've came across some interesting information.

The short of it is that running a sterile res (whether bleach, DutchMaster Zone, H2O2, whatever) in conjunction with an "organic" (meaning components, not certification label) based fert can cause some issues where the good organic stuff in the fert is whacked off.

Now that isn't exactly related to my issue, but it could be a problem if running a sterile res and MC. I'm not 100% sure on that, so have contacted GLN about it and will see what they say.

If indeed it does contain organic compounds which could be affected by reservoir sterilization products, then I would venture to say that for hydro you probably want to run straight to hydroguard if you want keep using MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom