The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love mc cheap an great stuff love it how u can use in soil or hydro with out a issue I do c more ppl having issues in soil but I hope they get worked out cheers peeps

Here is the Mega Crop release history update:
July 2017: Original product release (v1)
December 2018: 1st product update. Increase Calcium and Magnesium/Sulfur (v2)
August 2019: 2nd minor update. Increase again Magnesium and P (v2.5)
Thanks! I bought the sample bag last May, and the 2500 gram bag in June. I was just curious whether or not they were getting rid of the rest of the V2 for that price, or if I have the V2.5 now. According to that timeline, my most recent purchase should be the V2.5. Unless, like I said, they're just running a special on the V2 leftover stock. Both bags look identical.

Thanks! I bought the sample bag last May, and the 2500 gram bag in June. I was just curious whether or not they were getting rid of the rest of the V2 for that price, or if I have the V2.5 now. According to that timeline, my most recent purchase should be the V2.5. Unless, like I said, they're just running a special on the V2 leftover stock. Both bags look identical.
They didn't change the bag, so it could be either version.

I'm not using emzymes, or an aerator at this time. Apparently what we are seeing is small organic bits that won't fully dissolve. All of the nutrients do dissolve. These bits are supposed to be small enough to pass through the drippers. The wavemaker puts them back into suspension, and they are pumped to the plants.

Ill let you know about the SLF100 once it's in. Hate to recommend a product without trying it first. hopefully it works to clear up those organic bits. Z7 is still leaving a little residual and I have to add it pretty frequently. trying every other day but may have to dose every day.

hey guys we're back to

The Mega Crop Primer.... buried in the thread.... pt. 3

finally.. you mentioned stuff actually grows with this MC ?

it sure does. ease of growing in most situations is another reason a number of members on the board use it.

first a word on indoor growing in general: when folk first start growing indoor they are really facing two separate learning curves....

1.) learning and providing the correct environmental conditions, - light, heat, moisture, media, ventilation
2.) learning the plants needs at different stages - nutrition

we are concerned with 2.

under bottle nutes most folk learn through failure. which is fine.

they follow bottle feed instructions - and lurch from one deficiency or toxicity to another - until they learn how to use all the different bottles - in the right amounts, at the right times. along the way they learn, and suffer, all the different nute related issues. :straightface:

it's frankly not bad experience to have. most of us on the board learnt that way.
it's how we have learned to read - understand by sight what is happening to - our plants.

mega crop kinda short cuts through that. :)

when first using mega crop is it is best to start with the suggested amounts on the MC feed calculator.
that's the ticket to the ballpark. it is up to you learn the game.

mega crop keys on the nutrient nitrogen - the n - in the n-p-k numbers listed on any nute. nitrogen is responsible for creating the green colour plants need in their leaves. mega crop uses this to teach growers a very simple read on their plants.

If your plant leaves are light green - towards yellow - then increase your MC dosage upping the n and the green.

If the plant leaves are headed deep dark green , and / or show burnt brown tips then roll back on the MC, lowering the n to get back in to balance.

you want the plants a healthy strong green with no burning or tipping

you control this by increasing or decreasing the MC dosage.

when encountering nutrient based issues, most folk on the board, have found the answer to be a moderate change in the MC feed. the most popular change is in the neighbourhood of 1/2g (.5g) per gal or so.

a few times other issues will exceed this. when stumped on problems this thread and the board are here. there are several resources, deficiency charts, specific forums for particular issues and discussions, and most importantly experience, all here to help.

just make sure to reach out when you need it, and help others when you can.

think i'm posting
this colouring lesson tonight - gonna move in to ph rules, and some stuff the board chatters about next.

keep tuned up and green 420 ... :bongrip:

Awesome results @Jack420!!!

I know I have to dial back the nuits by what you say. This is my first feeding with MC. My veg room turned out great, so did my seedlings on their first feeding but the flower room is another story. They are dull, dark and the claw. Thanks for this thread

well i just seem to have the darndest time keeping up to the dosage required by my plants. even at max strength my plants are telling me they want more.

this a sativa that is supposed to require less fert than the norm in flower,, this is wanting more

P1170738.JPG

teeniest tip burn already. think i gonna up my ph a notch as well

so,, i feed at max, i mix 8 liters at a time,, 12.7 grams of mega crop per 8 litres.

now , i have questioned y'all before about some recommending higher dosage than the mega crop feed calculator recommends,, just a bit more,,

so,, perhaps because my growing conditions have possibly improved a bit lately, could it be that my present growth simply requires a bit more fert than the mega recommendations?

i find continuously, from younguns on up,, it is difficult, for me, to keep up to the plants fert needs. seems its full strength or go home,, ha

cheers

well i just seem to have the darndest time keeping up to the dosage required by my plants. even at max strength my plants are telling me they want more.

this a sativa that is supposed to require less fert than the norm in flower,, this is wanting more

P1170738.JPG

teeniest tip burn already. think i gonna up my ph a notch as well

so,, i feed at max, i mix 8 liters at a time,, 12.7 grams of mega crop per 8 litres.

now , i have questioned y'all before about some recommending higher dosage than the mega crop feed calculator recommends,, just a bit more,,

so,, perhaps because my growing conditions have possibly improved a bit lately, could it be that my present growth simply requires a bit more fert than the mega recommendations?

i find continuously, from younguns on up,, it is difficult, for me, to keep up to the plants fert needs. seems its full strength or go home,, ha

cheers
Mine were staying light like that . I upped the MC to 6.5 grams a gallon and still stayed light . I’m in ro water so I did as I saw but only added 10 % calimagic GH . They actually had gotten darker in four days ! Now I blew the tips out after I added the calimagic so I believe I hit the right spot and holding here .

Any ideas if 1gram per 4 litres is ok with small seedlings? Coco in Solo cups. What are your thoughts.
I'm pretty sure they'll take 2gm/4l. If you are uneasy about it, start them at 1gm/4l, and give them more when they get that hang-dog look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom