The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done a smoke report on the same strain comparing MC and other nute lines? Just curious how it compares as MC has quite a distinct smell

My AK-47 clones were grown with either FF trio or MC and are pretty much the same from one time to the next. Open a jar from any harvest and I can tell it's the AK. The smell of the nutes has nothing to do with the smell of the buds. If that happened, no one would have ever used manure as fertilizer!

Has anyone done a smoke report on the same strain comparing MC and other nute lines? Just curious how it compares as MC has quite a distinct smell

I can only say that my herb grown with MC tastes very good (and like normal cannabis) - nothing like MC smells!
:ganjamon:

3 White Widows and a Dosidos .
Flood and Drain , feed every hour for 12 hours during the light cycle . The half hour every 3 hours during the dark cycle .
20 gallon reservoir ro water
130 grams of MC / 15 mL GH calimagic . This is just the second time calimagic was used .

Awesome results @Jack420!!!

I know I have to dial back the nuits by what you say. This is my first feeding with MC. My veg room turned out great, so did my seedlings on their first feeding but the flower room is another story. They are dull, dark and the claw. Thanks for this thread
Yeah don’t stress it I got that same stuff the first run the second will b way better what I have noticed it take atleast one full run to really understand it but ur girls looking really good keep up the herd work mommas kitchen

last one, are you using enzymes? I'm using Z7 but will be switching to SLF-100. It's less expensive and people I see are raving about it, gonna give it a shot vs the Z7. Basically it keeps the rez clean, eats up organics/breaks down salts, and keeps drip lines free of clogs... that's what is stated on the website. I'm waiting for my bottle to come in and I'll let you know if I notice a difference over Z7.

the reason why I'm thinking this will be better then z7 are
its 1 part vs 2
it's cheaper
can be used with hydrogen peroxide
been around for a while and I only see positive reviews.

It's a tick cheaper than Z7, but their recommendation of 1tsp/gal, 0.5tsp/gal for hydro (5ml, 2.5ml respectively) takes that slight price difference and blows it out of the water.

Z7 on the other hand is 0.5ml/gal (5ml/10gal). So to dose a 50gal volume, that would take 125ml of SLF-100, or 25ml (each) of Z7.

SLF-100 is recommended with every res change, Z7 is recommended with each change plus every 3-4 days. So with a weekly res change, that would end up being 50ml (each) of Z7, which is 60% less each week.

This isn't to say not to use it, just to be careful if your main reason is cost. If so, it really is not cheaper. It is 1 part vs 2, but when you order a quart/gallon/whatever size of Z7, they send you both parts. So other than pouring/drawing from 2 bottles, it isn't a big deal.

A gallon kit (1 gal of part 1 & 2) runs about $120. SLF-100 is about $100.

With ~3785ml in a gallon, for a 50gal res...

- SLF-100: 30 doses ($3.33/dose, $3.33/week, 7¢/gallon of treated water)
- Z7: 151 doses (80¢/dose, $1.60/week, 0.16¢/gal of treated water)

If Z7 alone isn't solving your issues, maybe add some hydroguard?

3 White Widows and a Dosidos .
Flood and Drain , feed every hour for 12 hours during the light cycle . The half hour every 3 hours during the dark cycle .
20 gallon reservoir ro water
130 grams of MC / 15 mL GH calimagic . This is just the second time calimagic was used .

Looking good didn’t kno u can feed a plant that many times will up my feeds

It's a tick cheaper than Z7, but their recommendation of 1tsp/gal, 0.5tsp/gal for hydro (5ml, 2.5ml respectively) takes that slight price difference and blows it out of the water.

Z7 on the other hand is 0.5ml/gal (5ml/10gal). So to dose a 50gal volume, that would take 125ml of SLF-100, or 25ml (each) of Z7.

SLF-100 is recommended with every res change, Z7 is recommended with each change plus every 3-4 days. So with a weekly res change, that would end up being 50ml (each) of Z7, which is 60% less each week.

This isn't to say not to use it, just to be careful if your main reason is cost. If so, it really is not cheaper. It is 1 part vs 2, but when you order a quart/gallon/whatever size of Z7, they send you both parts. So other than pouring/drawing from 2 bottles, it isn't a big deal.

Hydroguard is great stuff my first full run using it I can definitely tell the difference that these plants root systems are wayyyyy more healthier

Thanks to all for all of the info and @bluter for putting this together.

I just received my discount sample bag and have 4 autos in mid flower, maybe 30 to 40 days left just a guess based on the breeders timeline. I currently am using roots organic bloom and calmag. Any concerns with switching? Shoukd I wait until the next run? If not, what should I start with 4g/gal and work my way up as needed? Thanks again!

Thanks to all for all of the info and @bluter for putting this together.

I just received my discount sample bag and have 4 autos in mid flower, maybe 30 to 40 days left just a guess based on the breeders timeline. I currently am using roots organic bloom and calmag. Any concerns with switching? Shoukd I wait until the next run? If not, what should I start with 4g/gal and work my way up as needed? Thanks again!

start anytime you like. there is no conditioning period or anything special needed to switch.

I'm actually running 5ml/1tsp of Z7 for my 10 gal rez every other day. Flying skull says 5ml is the max you can run without issue. still thinking of doing it daily but gotta monitor it better before I switch. I may be a bit forgetful. I was one of the first people who tried out z7 on the mag but I haven't tried anything else. Z7 has been good to me but I'm intrested in trying something else to see if I get same results or better.

I havent shopped around or factored in shipping but this is what I see on prices.

20200212_154341.jpg
20200212_154409.jpg

The only problem is I dont have enough toes to do the math...

I'm actually running 5ml/1tsp of Z7 for my 10 gal rez every other day. Flying skull says 5ml is the max you can run without issue. still thinking of doing it daily but gotta monitor it better before I switch. I may be a bit forgetful. I was one of the first people who tried out z7 on the mag but I haven't tried anything else. Z7 has been good to me but I'm intrested in trying something else to see if I get same results or better.

I havent shopped around or factored in shipping but this is what I see on prices.

20200212_154341.jpg
20200212_154409.jpg

The only problem is I dont have enough toes to do the math...

Makes sense. You may have been the one that turned me onto it when I was looking for an SM-90 replacement.

But $70/quart? Oh, heck no. :D

Look on amazon. $53 for quart kit, $119 for a gallon kit. ;)

if I can remember months down the road I will. I have one plant that was grown in LOS and a clone I’m using MC with so it would be the only variable.

Looking good didn’t kno u can feed a plant that many times will up my feeds
Jack it’s supposed to say feed for 15 minutes every hour for 12 hours then during the lights out is right . Was in town and my phone died couldn’t respond as quick as I needed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom