The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the lid mounted scrog screens. They would work great for smaller grows. I really want to grow a couple monsters. I've got the room and enough photons to do it. I'm not shooting for a pound per plant yet but I'm working my way up to it :p

They come in different sizes. I have some 30" (76cm) tall and 18" (45cm) in diameter at the top.

Someone was wondering if Si would keep them from having to add supports. I've found, it depends, lol!

The more columnar, or vertical, the plant grows, the better the chance you won't need 'em... and plants like that are rare in my world!

But of course, I'll show one off!
DSCN6071.jpg

We grow for the buds, and the best buds are usually at the ends of the branches, and if they grow the way we want, they're usually heavy, and usually not on vertical stalks. Leads to bending in my garden. Usually not to a breaking point, but enough to make them droop below the canopy, and the lights.

Tomato cages would be great, but I like to put veggers into the bloom areas at about 18" and they finish from 3-4', unless I'm napping, lol! So, I like to keep the lights right on them as they stretch, and the cages are too tall for that, and quite a pain, at least for me, to get on after the stretch. I do have a buddy who wraps his plants up tightly with a piece of slick flooring underlayment, and then slips the cage over, which might be great if you have the right height cage on hand, and apparently I haven't.

So, now I let them stretch like hippie chicks, no supports, and when they're done, I slap this dominatrix shit on them. I stole every bit of this.
DSCN5973.jpg

I have to move them from area to area, and give the 1/4 turn daily... anyway, it's kind of like a scrog with a lazy net, a really, really lazy net.

There's a lot of ways, you've just got to start stealing them!

PPM is the only thing worth measuring from runoff. pH in runoff doesn't provide any info.

I'm a bit confused about the trim issue. Do you want your trim yellow or green when you eat it? It doesn't seem like a good idea to starve your plants to the extent that they have used up all the nutes in the fans and are now pulling the nutes from the sugar leaves. And I would think all you would taste from uncured trim would be chlorophyll.
I really don't care what color the trim is. I'm not talking fans, I'm talking about the leaves I trim off the buds, the sugar leaves I guess... should I care about their color? I thought I mentioned I use the trim for edibles, cookies, tinctures, kief, things like that. I also help a few other codgers with their weedy needs, so I don't want to make any of their conditions worse!

You lost me on that starving thing. I thought we wanted the plants to use up all the nutes from wherever they were stored. So, you're not the only one confused!

I'm not sure where the uncured trim thought came from, I must not have been clear. All trim is cured, and has no hay odeur, or taste. Besides, a little chlorophyl never hurt anybody... did it?

Not sure where the pH runoff assumption read came from, either, but I hear ya... if you wanna read runoff, lol!

You lost me on that starving thing. I thought we wanted the plants to use up all the nutes from wherever they were stored. So, you're not the only one confused!
I knew you meant sugar leaves, and there's no advantage to having your fans go yellow other than saving a few pennies on nutes. And the plant can't get calcium from leaves no matter what.

If your plants are sucking all of their nutes from the fan leaves and then have to move on to the sugar leaves, they must be starving! I wouldn't think you want your sugar leaves crispy, so you would need to keep feeding your plants to prevent that from happening.

I can tell you for a fact that pH runoff from soil and soilless mixes is not meaningful, and the expert coco growers I follow say the same for coco.

Great stolen idea Horse! If I didn't have to get mine through a narrow doorway twice a day I would definitely do that. :thumb:
Yeah, I make the tops with about a 3' diameter. I think you've seen my space, 2'11" would have been better, lol!

If you don't mind me asking, how do you keep your plants contained enough to move them in and out then?

I'm always looking for new material, lol!

I knew you meant sugar leaves, and there's no advantage to having your fans go yellow other than saving a few pennies on nutes. And the plant can't get calcium from leaves no matter what.

If your plants are sucking all of their nutes from the fan leaves and then have to move on to the sugar leaves, they must be starving! I wouldn't think you want your sugar leaves crispy, so you would need to keep feeding your plants to prevent that from happening.

I can tell you for a fact that pH runoff from soil and soilless mixes is not meaningful, and the expert coco growers I follow say the same for coco.
Maybe this WiFi is messing with me (it better, right, lol), but even with a 2 week real flush, I've never had the sugar leaves go crispy. Those would be the little leaves sticking out of the buds, right? Sometimes I assume things that aren't things is why I ask. Fans might get a little at the tips, but the colors do change, still not crispified.

And how'd we get to Ca? And how did you know I am a nut about Ca? Gypsum in particular. Unlike emilya, I'm not sure we can give too much! It's a big deal, and not just for weed... wanna keep blossom end rot off your maters, keep your peppers happy with smooth leaves, give your winter lettuce some crunch? And it's not available to the plant through it's leaves?. I've had different experiences with foliars, I guess.

Anyway, I think I missed your point on that, but I am interested, very interested.

I've gotta ask, though, after your last sentence, do you grow in coco? Cos that's what my specific question is about: flushing coco while using MC? Not trying to be contentious, I just want to grow clean weed in coco w/ MC!

Thanks for humoring me, I'm old, and can be a little slowish!

not kool-aid my friend... tis pudding. Pudding full of proof.
DSCF8058.JPG

A picture of a bud is somehow proof of outrageous claims? Somehow a molecule of Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, etc., are smaller in Mega Crop than they are in any other fertilizer? Did they consult with Rick Moranis from Honey I Shrunk The Kids and use his ray gun? Look, I can make things up too and post a picture of a bud to prove the veracity of my claims.

The moon is made of green cheese.

See, it's true. Proof is in the pudding.

Somehow a molecule of Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, etc., are smaller in Mega Crop than they are in any other fertilizer?
From the GLN website:
Increased nutrient availability
Nutrients are already in organic form ready for plant absorption. The organic coating around the chelated nutrients allows it to absorb 20-30x faster and more complete into the plant. Once in the plant, the chelate releases the nutrients by forming metal-organic complexes. Chelation prevents nutrients from reacting with ions (usually in high pH soil) to form insoluble substances. The nutrients are enclosed in organic molecules which protects the plant from precipitation.
What this means is that unlike EDTA chelated nutrients, MC passes right into the plant with the water. The molecule that is made when chelating with EDTA is simply too large to go up into the roots via the water route and has to be broken apart (made mobile) in the soil, whereas the MC nutrients chelated with the much smaller amino acid molecule easily passes directly into the plant, before it breaks apart.

It might help when trying so hard to discredit me to understand a bit of the science you are professing to be so well versed in.
:tommy:

From the GLN website:

What this means is that unlike EDTA chelated nutrients, MC passes right into the plant with the water. The molecule that is made when chelating with EDTA is simply too large to go up into the roots via the water route and has to be broken apart (made mobile) in the soil, whereas the MC nutrients chelated with the much smaller amino acid molecule easily passes directly into the plant, before it breaks apart.

It might help when trying so hard to discredit me to understand a bit of the science you are professing to be so well versed in.
:tommy:

Ok, now go grab your bag and tell me exactly how many of the nutrients in Mega Crop are amino chelated, and what percentage of the overall product that applies to.

100% of 4 elements are completely Amino chelated (Zn, Fe, Cu, Mn). They make up .29% of Mega Crop. 4 other elements (Mg, Ca, B, Mo) have some portion of their total, 7.98%, Amino chelated, the rest is made up from other sources. Example, some portion of Ca's 5.6% is Chelated and the rest comes from Calcium Nitrate. They don't break that down that far. Grand total, less than 8% of MC is Chelated. The rest of the product, over 92%, is made up of the same salts every other nute company uses.

Ok, now go grab your bag and tell me exactly how many of the nutrients in Mega Crop are amino chelated, and what percentage of the overall product that applies to.

100% of 4 elements are completely Amino chelated (Zn, Fe, Cu, Mn). They make up .29% of Mega Crop. 4 other elements (Mg, Ca, B, Mo) have some portion of their total, 7.98%, Amino chelated, the rest is made up from other sources. Example, some portion of Ca's 5.6% is Chelated and the rest comes from Calcium Nitrate. They don't break that down that far. Grand total, less than 8% of MC is Chelated. The rest of the product, over 92%, is made up of the same salts every other nute company uses.
Now it is clearly you who is making up numbers ... you had better check that 8% number.

It is useless commenting on this thread, and the rudeness I encounter here is why I have been avoiding it. The only reason I commented was to defend myself from your unprovoked attack after a reader of this thread quoted my thoughts on flushing in MC.

In your fervid desire to discredit me, you didnt even address that post... just ridiculed it as unimportant because it came from me.
As was said also very rudely earlier, if people wish to hear what I have learned about MC, they can indeed check out my outstanding grow journal... a grow that went exceptionally well by the way, and one where every deficiency or excess caused by MC and its supplements was examined, documented and explained, and with those explanations, every problem encountered was solved. Everyone reading along now understands how to use Megacrop, without charts, diagrams or extra products. Personally, I believe my experiments were very illuminating, and I have all by myself led the way showing people how to properly use and how not to use the supplements.

My grow was almost perfect and exceptional. You guys are still having unexplained problems... go figure.

Emmie out again, unless insulted again or called in for additional comments.

Now it is clearly you who is making up numbers ... you had better check that 8% number.

It's right there on the label for anyone to read. The fact that you can't bother to read it, or care to make up your own facts in an attempt for self-importance is your problem.

tired of the bickering ... :straightface:

from the greenleaf website :

n content :

95% Nitrate Nitrogen, 5% Ammonium Nitrogen. Sources: Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Magnesium Nitrate
MEGA CROP uses 19:1 Nitrate to Ammonium, which is optimum amount for hydroponic and soil crops. Keeping the Ammonium Nitrogen source under 5% prevents damage from over-fertilizing.

nitrates are salts

p content :

Soluble Phosphate Source: Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4
Monopotassium Phosphate is the gold standard for hydroponic phosphorous.

phosphates are salts

k content :

Soluble Potassium Sources: Monopotassium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Silicate
Potassium is associated with movement of water, nutrients, and carbohydrates in plant tissue

phosphates and nitrates again.

greenleaf very carefully mentions nothing about how the core minerals are made available. nothing. they don't even mention chelation of any sort - until the secondary minerals.

the secondaries get a nod to amino chelation, but they dance around saying all of the secondary source minerals are made available through amino chelation.

in the case of calcium they specifically state there are numerous sources including an amino available source. meaning the sources are not exclusively amino available.

they do very specifically state :

MEGA CROP uses Organic Amino Acid Chelated trace elements.

note the words trace elements. the 18 or so micronutrients. those are very specifically made available through amino acid chelation.

so, coles notes to re-cap :

n p k - no idea how it is chelated and made available. and greenleaf isn't talking. period.

calcium and other secondary nutrients - loads of sources. some is even amino chelated.

micronutes and all the small stuff - amino chelated and very loud about it.

it's all laid out in their website. now let's all go grow some weed .... :green_heart:

n p k - no idea how it is chelated and made available. and greenleaf isn't talking. period.

Because there is no need for Chelation of N-P-K. Its the heavy metals (micros) that bind with the soil at higher pH levels.

Because there is no need for Chelation of N-P-K. Its the heavy metals (micros) that bind with the soil at higher pH levels.

this right here is what MC relies on. if you have a look at any ph chart you'll see a wider availability for the core minerals than the others. MC simply increases the ph range availability of the of the secondary and micro minerals.

not taking a run at you farside, and not having a whack at em... i just don't want cult style nute worship. MC is a good nute, but moses didn't carry it down the mountain... :cheesygrinsmiley:

this right here is what MC relies on. if you have a look at any ph chart you'll see a wider availability for the core minerals than the others. MC simply increases the ph range availability of the of the secondary and micro minerals.

not taking a run at you farside, and not having a whack at em... i just don't want cult style nute worship. MC is a good nute, but moses didn't carry it down the mountain... :cheesygrinsmiley:
@bluter, absolutely, his hands were full! (I saw the movie) :Rasta:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom